blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:50:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2659 2660 2661 2662 [2663] 2664 2665 2666 2667 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6358241 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39930 on: October 03, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »

This story just keeps giving.

The Mitford sisters were, it seems, quite an odd bunch.

Compared to four of her sisters, Deborah was a model of good behaviour.

Unity hero-worshipped Hitler and shot herself when Britain declared war on Germany. Diana married British fascist leader Oswald Mosley and was shut away in Holloway Prison during the war.

Jessica was an avid Communist, while married novelist Nancy got pregnant by one French soldier and had a long affair with another.

The family’s one son, Tom, was killed in the war and the remaining daughter Pam lived the quietest life by raising poultry.

Here's Debo & Andrew. If ever a picture told a story......

I expect they own that land, probably the sky above, too.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39931 on: October 03, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »

Funnily I'm reading a book about the Devonshire's neighbours, down the road so to speak.

Nice gaff also.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39932 on: October 03, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »

A few years ago Chatsworth had a clear out of unwanted stuff, I went along to the sale.

A bit pricey for me. Sale totaled around 6 million.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #39933 on: October 03, 2014, 01:42:35 PM »

By estate, I mean Dukedom in this case.

As for his name, there are other Peregrines, but I've never known another person called Pelham, but PG Wodehouse. That's pretty posh.

Pelham (Plum) Warner?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39934 on: October 03, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »

By estate, I mean Dukedom in this case.

As for his name, there are other Peregrines, but I've never known another person called Pelham, but PG Wodehouse. That's pretty posh.

Pelham (Plum) Warner?

Another reminder my cricketing history knowledge is rubbish.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #39935 on: October 03, 2014, 02:33:34 PM »

Unity hero-worshipped Hitler and shot herself when Britain declared war on Germany. Diana married British fascist leader Oswald Mosley and was shut away in Holloway Prison during the war.

Jessica was an avid Communist, while married novelist Nancy got pregnant by one French soldier and had a long affair with another.

The family’s one son, Tom, was killed in the war and the remaining daughter Pam lived the quietest life by raising poultry.

There was a mention (and some film of) of Unity Metford on the telly on Monday night when the Grand Tour of the Scottish Islands visited Inch Kenneth where . She lived there as a recluse after returning to the UK following her shooting herself over the declaration of war with Hitler's Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jvf3k/grand-tours-of-the-scottish-islands-series-2-2-far-from-the-madding-crowd

According to Wiki Jessica was left out of the will for the island, one sister gave her her share, and Jessica bought out the rest and threatened to allow the Russians to use the island as a submarine base....

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39936 on: October 03, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »

There was a mention (and some film of) of Unity Metford on the telly on Monday night when the Grand Tour of the Scottish Islands visited Inch Kenneth where . She lived there as a recluse after returning to the UK following her shooting herself over the declaration of war with Hitler's Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jvf3k/grand-tours-of-the-scottish-islands-series-2-2-far-from-the-madding-crowd

According to Wiki Jessica was left out of the will for the island, one sister gave her her share, and Jessica bought out the rest and threatened to allow the Russians to use the island as a submarine base....

No!?

Really?

I gotta read up on those girls, what a story.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #39937 on: October 03, 2014, 10:55:09 PM »

Is this the right plac for this?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39938 on: October 04, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »

Claims that Tom Watson ridiculed European players and insulted his own

http://espn.go.com/golf/rydercup14/story/_/id/11636089/captain-tom-watson-ripped-us-team-ryder-cup-meeting-angering-phil-mickelson

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39939 on: October 04, 2014, 01:19:57 PM »

That's really good Doobs.

I visited Skye recently, loved the place, but never saw that mountain thing.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39940 on: October 04, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »

Not sure I buy all that, Rich.

For example......

Soon after, Watson was presented a gift by Furyk, a replica of the Ryder Cup trophy that was signed by every member of the team. Instead of thanking them, the sources said Watson said the gift meant nothing to him if the players didn't get the real Ryder Cup on Sunday and that he wanted to be holding it aloft on the green in victory.

Said one of the sources: "That's almost verbatim. He said it basically means nothing to me.''

That sounds a bit embellished to me, changing the meaning of Watson's words which wrere probably designed to be motivational.

Amazing how they all fell out after they got their arses spanked & blamed the Non-Playing Captain. 

Man for man, the USA team were probably better golfers, certainly better ranked, but they failed to perform. So it's the Captain's fault.

I'm not having that. Anyway, I love Tom Watson, can't have my man accused of being the bad guy, few of those guys can hold a candle to Sir Tom. For starters, Tom was always the most gracious of losers. His Team would do well to take note.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #39941 on: October 04, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »

Not sure I buy all that, Rich.

For example......

Soon after, Watson was presented a gift by Furyk, a replica of the Ryder Cup trophy that was signed by every member of the team. Instead of thanking them, the sources said Watson said the gift meant nothing to him if the players didn't get the real Ryder Cup on Sunday and that he wanted to be holding it aloft on the green in victory.

Said one of the sources: "That's almost verbatim. He said it basically means nothing to me.''

That sounds a bit embellished to me, changing the meaning of Watson's words which wrere probably designed to be motivational.

Amazing how they all fell out after they got their arses spanked & blamed the Non-Playing Captain. 

Man for man, the USA team were probably better golfers, certainly better ranked, but they failed to perform. So it's the Captain's fault.

I'm not having that. Anyway, I love Tom Watson, can't have my man accused of being the bad guy, few of those guys can hold a candle to Sir Tom. For starters, Tom was always the most gracious of losers. His Team would do well to take note.

The good thing about being as popular as Phil the thrill is when you need a favourable news report it's easy to get one coz most weeks you are giving the news guys quotes and opinions for free.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #39942 on: October 05, 2014, 07:03:53 PM »

That's really good Doobs.

I visited Skye recently, loved the place, but never saw that mountain thing.

The mountains are on the west side of the island.  I went on a youth hostels rock climbing course there when I was about 15.  Train, then ferry, then bus, then 5 mile walk over a pass to a one track road where a kind soul gave me a lift the rest of the way.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #39943 on: October 05, 2014, 08:38:38 PM »

Thats defo one of those "HolyShit" vids.

Love it. Feet still tingling!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #39944 on: October 05, 2014, 11:48:48 PM »

Europe had 4 of the top 5 in the world....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 2659 2660 2661 2662 [2663] 2664 2665 2666 2667 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: