blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Why did you come to Blondepoker ?
Poll
Question: When you first found blondepoker what attracted you to the site  (Voting closed: February 01, 2009, 07:10:52 PM)
Update/tourney report - 27 (22.7%)
Other reason - 92 (77.3%)
Total Voters: 119

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did you come to Blondepoker ?  (Read 17035 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 10:42:22 PM »

A colleague got a seat in a Vic event, I googled, I think, for potential updates and found blonde. There was an old chap doing some updates. I was on another forum at the time but found the atmosphere absolutely wonderful here so stayed around to contribute.

Old bloke?

FFS.......

Yes, I used to Update, so I do know the score.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »

& does it really cost £250 a month to host??? Admittedly I know little about that stuff but I didnt expect it to cost that much.

You can get a website that no-one looks as for next to nothing, but users equals bandwidth, which is what costs, also the speed of blonde is superb which means its running on good uncongested servers.

I hate to think what the awop updates cost as they were live streaming and it kept on sticking because they didn't have enough room on the server. it's all down to money folks!
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »

I was searching for updates on a player in the monte carlo millions, i asked for a chip count on the update and within 2 minutes Heid (what happened to her?) had qouted me and replied with a smiley and said "welcome to the forum and the answer would be soon coming" I was stunned to be honest as up to that point i'd skimmed over a few arrogant US forums and never felt easy there, now 115 days, 9 hours and 27 minutes later i'm still hanging about,  i love the place
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:36 PM »

Is opening a Blondepoker 2 on another network an option? (not to replace, but run as well as).

Considered a while back

We would like to move off IPoker, but there are financial barriers to that which are currently unfundable

where would u move to if u could? ipoker does suck but the traffic is better than ongame/crypto

We would have liked to have changed skin provider on Ipoker, but that option was closed off

Nowhere else I can find has acceptable traffic, but better functionality, that would have someone as small as us,  to justify a change

Entraction has recently become a possibility

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »

Is opening a Blondepoker 2 on another network an option? (not to replace, but run as well as).

Considered a while back

We would like to move off IPoker, but there are financial barriers to that which are currently unfundable

where would u move to if u could? ipoker does suck but the traffic is better than ongame/crypto

thats the problem there is nowhere better at the moment that offers skins.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2009, 10:46:18 PM »

Would it not be possible to look into funding the site through affiliates, with an eye to winding up the cardroom? Obviously I have little grasp of the numbers involved here and how long blonde is tied into ipoker for, but it seems to me that if the cardroom is unprofitable then it's unprofitable, and it would be better to look into other sources of revenue. Sacrificing something priceless like web visibility seems to be nothing but destructive in the long term. It seems to me that that should be absolutely the last thing to go, if the plan is to make blonde a profitable web-based venture at any point in the future as well as a friendly community.
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »

Considered a while back

I didnt say move off. Why move a profitable card room?

I meant open a second.

2 x profitable card rooms = problem solved?

Best QM ever

FACT !
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »

Considered a while back

We would have liked to have changed skin provider on Ipoker, but that option was closed off

Nowhere else I can find has acceptable traffic, but better functionality, that would have someone as small as us,  to justify a change

What about getting exiled from the network like NOIQ & Carlos recently...............would there be a financial burden if iPoker kicked Blonde off the network?
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2009, 10:47:36 PM »

Would it not be possible to look into funding the site through affiliates, with an eye to winding up the cardroom? Obviously I have little grasp of the numbers involved here and how long blonde is tied into ipoker for, but it seems to me that if the cardroom is unprofitable then it's unprofitable, and it would be better to look into other sources of revenue. Sacrificing something priceless like web visibility seems to be nothing but destructive in the long term. It seems to me that that should be absolutely the last thing to go, if the plan is to make blonde a profitable web-based venture at any point in the future as well as a friendly community.

Have you actually read any of the original posts, The card room IS profitable ... the updates aren't, the home page isn't.

It really is that black and white.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:49:43 PM by Colchester Kev » Logged

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:57 PM »

the card-room is profitable

as I said on the other thread also

"
I am aware the business model is faulty. However to change it, possibly to a super affiliate model, requires two things

a) a sum of money to tide us over while we change, via income or shareholder investment otherwise we're busto and we have a non commercial forum only. Probably a neat solution for tikay and an easy life but not for shareholders of a limited company overall

b) a potential partner. Full Tilt are spoken for, Stars uninterested and what other "must play" site is there that is a cast iron certainty to make us more money than we currently do? Always allowing for the fact that a lot of blondes will be signed up already with whoever we go with"

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2009, 10:49:28 PM »

I was searching for updates on a player in the monte carlo millions, i asked for a chip count on the update and within 2 minutes Heid (what happened to her?) had qouted me and replied with a smiley and said "welcome to the forum and the answer would be soon coming" I was stunned to be honest as up to that point i'd skimmed over a few arrogant US forums and never felt easy there, now 115 days, 9 hours and 27 minutes later i'm still hanging about,  i love the place

I did that very Update, with Miss Mason. Never had more fun. Except the 'copter ride with Mr Goodwin, which Jen enjoyed gleefully.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »

Considered a while back

What about getting exiled from the network like NOIQ & Carlos recently...............would there be a financial burden if iPoker kicked Blonde off the network?

not as such, as I say Entraction is on the radar now

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »

Considered a while back

I didnt say move off. Why move a profitable card room?

I meant open a second.

2 x profitable card rooms = problem solved?

with our base of players? spread too thinly is the more likely outcome currently

My eyes are open wide
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »

Considered a while back

Please sir can I have 50% rakeback until you move networks?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2009, 10:51:59 PM »

Considered a while back

Please sir can I have 50% Rakeback until you move networks?

lol, no!

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: