blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272653 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 511292 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: June 21, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »

I've got no investment, but came close to stomping up a few quid before the world cup, and I'm only glad I never.

The one point I'd like to make is in regards to the people calling for the police involvement what criminal offence has been committed?

The investors passed money onto blatch willingly, granted it was an elaborate con and he lied through his teeth from the day dot but thats not a criminal offence.  He may have got creative on betfair and "dumped" money to other accounts, again that as far as I know is not criminal, if anything he's contravened betfair T&C's and may well have his accounts suspended.

I really feel gutted for anyone who's been drawn into this con regardless of wether it was only beer money you stumped up or if it was a sum you couldn't afford to lose.  I sincerely hope that you all get something back, but I don't hold out much hope. 

One thing that was of interest was a post that Mick McCool made on another forum back on the 16th of April  I have bolded the two most interesting parts to me, the first one is key imo, I thought Blatch made his main income from trading the tennis?

Blatch is fucking useless at Tennis Trades, trust me, l know. Key to trading Tennis successfully is to trade on HUMAN MARKET REACTION. I buy and sell huge amounts each day with Betting Assistant Software which allows me to set it up so that lm green almost instantly because of HMR, l don't make huge amounts because l sell out, but l get enough to have a very comfortable life. You can gamble your profits for bigger profits but why bother being greedy, people come and go on Betfair thinking they can make a quick fortune, doesn't happen! Tennis is the dogs bollocks for this!

On which forum did Mick make that post?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 21, 2010, 03:08:06 PM »

In this game, he used £69,584.96 of money to create a liability of -£21,571.43 @1.31 (He lays Liverpool off). He then uses £80,200 backing Liverpool @ 1.27 to make £21,654.01 when Liverpool actually win - thus a profit of £82.58 (52). Only £21,058.68 was lost from the 18th Feb until the 10th June, so draw your own conclusions about how much was in the account at these points.

Does the £21,058.68 figure include the trades you identified as obvious inter-account dump bets? If so, is it fair to infer that somewhere close to £60,000 was withdrawn from the account between 18th Feb and 10th June?

Only the Tennis (62) for £2,700 is in the this figure. The other two come beforehand.

The Layer
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 21, 2010, 03:09:54 PM »

I've got no investment, but came close to stomping up a few quid before the world cup, and I'm only glad I never.

The one point I'd like to make is in regards to the people calling for the police involvement what criminal offence has been committed?

The investors passed money onto blatch willingly, granted it was an elaborate con and he lied through his teeth from the day dot but thats not a criminal offence.  He may have got creative on betfair and "dumped" money to other accounts, again that as far as I know is not criminal, if anything he's contravened betfair T&C's and may well have his accounts suspended.

I really feel gutted for anyone who's been drawn into this con regardless of wether it was only beer money you stumped up or if it was a sum you couldn't afford to lose.  I sincerely hope that you all get something back, but I don't hold out much hope. 

One thing that was of interest was a post that Mick McCool made on another forum back on the 16th of April  I have bolded the two most interesting parts to me, the first one is key imo, I thought Blatch made his main income from trading the tennis?

Blatch is fucking useless at Tennis Trades, trust me, l know. Key to trading Tennis successfully is to trade on HUMAN MARKET REACTION. I buy and sell huge amounts each day with Betting Assistant Software which allows me to set it up so that lm green almost instantly because of HMR, l don't make huge amounts because l sell out, but l get enough to have a very comfortable life. You can gamble your profits for bigger profits but why bother being greedy, people come and go on Betfair thinking they can make a quick fortune, doesn't happen! Tennis is the dogs bollocks for this!

http://shrewdpoker.47.forumer.com
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 21, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »

Two questions:

Why did Blatch let anyone see the account and not just do a runner when it became obvious he was rumbled?

Why did he dump the funds, not just simply withdraw them when he was in sole command of the account? Just wasting commission money isn't it?

1) This has crossed my mind too and I really don't get why he did this, as everything else he did goes against this act of coming clean.

2) As I said last night, I think there is some possibilty that this is to cover the paper trail and dump it to an account which he isn't directly associated with, withdraw it. Lay low for a while and then get a one way ticket to Brazil.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 21, 2010, 03:13:22 PM »

Only the Tennis (62) for £2,700 is in the this figure. The other two come beforehand.

So, from 18th Feb £18,300 was lost, £2700 was dumped and £60,000 must have been withdrawn because the account is now at £0 as there is no other way of getting the money out?

Or could he have lost the £60,000 playing poker on BF?
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: June 21, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

Or the spreadsheet has been amended before it was given out.

Has the new one requested come through yet?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 21, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »

guys looking at the whole betting history Mick Mccool has got it spot on but he has just added a bit too much detail.  Blatch was shit at 'TRADING' full stop.  His betting activity just looks like a degen punting aimlessly every day on tv sport.  Pretending its easy to back and lay (trading).  This term trading is massively over used and most people dont really understand what it means.  People like blatch when trading are just betting on a player winning the next set/frame/goal and then giving it away greening up after they win the set/game/point/goal.  What they always forget is if that game/set/point/goal doesnt happen they are in a hole and, like martingale on roulette, it wont happen often but all the small wins will be spunked away on the one big loss.  Unless both trades are at the wrong price you will not make money doing this long term.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 21, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »

There is a lot of talk about police and jail, when hardly anyone actually understands the law and how complex it is.

Id love someone to price up- Charged yes or no. Jail yes or no.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:30:43 PM by Dubai » Logged
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »

I don't think the definition of trading and whether Blatch was actually doing it is important compared to all the money that is unaccounted for.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »

Thanks, but still cannot find it.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Layer
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 21, 2010, 03:19:15 PM »

Me too Cheesy
The Layer
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 21, 2010, 03:21:01 PM »

Thanks, but still cannot find it.

http://shrewdpoker.47.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13&start=0
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 21, 2010, 03:22:23 PM »

there are certainly some allegations which should be investigated by 'the old bill'

false accounting - claiming profits to attract new investors. see enron, guinness, etc

obtaining money by deception - the WSOP staking thread and the subsequent admission that he had no intention of going.

fraud - where the above allegations can be proved as being for 'personal gain' then it is likely that a fraud charge would also follow.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Google

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: June 21, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »

This is highly dependent on how persistent someone is on pushing the case with the police. If someone put enough effort in you could lay 1/100 on a charge.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 21, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

It really isnt that simple. I think its unlikely he would ever do time for it
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: