blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272681 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  SKY - Stick or twist?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SKY - Stick or twist?  (Read 999 times)
ruud

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:08:27 PM »

I'm going to call Sky tomorrow and re-negotiate my package, as it's gone up 30% in the past year.

I have all the channels, sports (but not BT) and movies, HD, unlimited broadband and sky talk (although i haven't made a phone call on the landline for over a year!). I am currently paying £90 a month. Mrs Ruud is not thrilled about this amount of money flying out of the holiday fund every month! Wink

I want to keep my content as it is - I watch lots of sports and movies - but would like Sky Fibre if possible. What sounds like a fair deal if I ring up? Does threatening to leave still work? i've been with them about 5 years and this tactic has worked a couple of times in the past but was less successful last time out.

People with the alternatives - is it worth thinking about switching? Virgin send me a flyer every month but I'm not sure you get all the sport in HD/Sky Atlantic (and I can't miss GoT!). Their TiVo service does look good, but I make very good use of the boxsets feature on Sky......

So, yes, a bit of a pickle!

All help welcome!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »

do NOT under ANY circumstances switch to virgin media

threatening to leave worked for me and would definitely try it again depending on how recently was the last time you asked.....

be convincing though, none of this wishy washy stuff about how much you like this and that

"I am Ruud, and I am the dreadlock king of kingston. hear me roar" and go from there

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:44:31 PM »

Don't settle for their first offer, tell them you are going to cancel.  Then cancel if they don't offer you a decent discount.  You have to give 30 days notice but hopefully during that time you'll get offered something decent.  Cancel and don't worry about it for now, balls in their court.  After it's worth logging into your account online and see if there's an offer in there. 

You can always withdraw your cancellation right up to the last minute, and after I guess as you own the equipment with Sky.   Can always sign up again after if you've not been offered anything (not as a new customer of course)

FWIW, my folks are fine on Virgin, never had an issue.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 11:52:13 PM »

do NOT under ANY circumstances switch to virgin media

threatening to leave worked for me and would definitely try it again depending on how recently was the last time you asked.....

be convincing though, none of this wishy washy stuff about how much you like this and that

"I am Ruud, and I am the dreadlock king of kingston. hear me roar" and go from there

Why not Rich? I love Virgin Media. A bit pricey but I've rarely had a problem with them in the last 9 years or so. And the download speed is fantastic Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 11:53:30 PM »

You will get offered something but as you have talk and broadband you have to be convincing.

Going down the route of saying you are going to go to Virgin will work.

Also due to the 30 days notice you can say you are going to get rid of sport and
Movies and they may offer you that half price.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:15:27 AM »

Is anyone on BT? Thinking of switching too

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 12:18:49 AM »

Get a decent android device and download showbox and mobdro apps. Can get pretty much anything you want for free including free streaming of sports channels.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 12:31:07 AM »

Is anyone on BT? Thinking of switching too

Never had a problem with them.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: