blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 492334 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: February 14, 2013, 01:07:23 AM »

De Gea was in his back yard playing spanish football again so looked quality (apart from one weird save where he used spaghetti legs instead of hands). Don't think there's any question he's a good goalie, the potential issue is his physicality in the english game.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 14, 2013, 08:07:44 AM »

Casillas, Buffon, Reina, cech, hart, Neuer to name but a few. World beaters from very early on.

There's an even longer list of keepers who came into their prime later in life, if you picked out the above names (and I don't agree with them all), then you clearly don't need me to type them all.

Of course keepers peak later - that wasn't the argument. The point is in the modern game that the best rarely become great later if they weren't already excellent by the early/mid 20's.

You cant change the criteria to "peaked later" half way through an argument to suit.

I'm hardly changing my argument, peak, become great, already one of the top keeps in the world in some departments, however you want to try and win this argument, you can't, as I said look at all keepers, the greats made mistakes, and as for not ever being great, have you actually seen anything but those sad little videos made by bindippers who have very little to say now they've been made to eat all the words the used to brag with in the 80's. Pointless to argue with you when the blinkers are so clearly fixed on,,

No, you are I'm afraid. He's not a "great" keeper. He's good. One of the better ones in the league. But never, ever great.

Perhaps our definitions of "great" are miles apart.

Lol, what are you on about, he's a GREAT shot stopper, and has other attributes that suggest he will become world class, if he isn't already. Seeing as you now support a small club, i'ts clear you get a kick from trying to pick at others, whilst you have some knowledge that's clear, it's not clear whether that knowledge is actually based on any facts other than your growing bitterness to a team and sport that's sucker punched you, I'd guess you are not from Liverpool, and would possibly have become a |Liverpool fan in the 80's?

Why so bitter? We're discussing a keeper you think is world class and I don't. Not really cause to lower the tone is it? A Utd fan talking about fans from outside of Liverpool? Give me strength.

For about the 8th time I rate him as a keeper. He's very good. For me, not world class, never going to be. It's only a opinion - although one shared by some of your own fans which obviously completely invalidates your point that I'm only trying to wind you up. Untwist those knickers and move on?

Last nights performance should now end this debate, De Gea is world class, in fact after a bit of research he's better at his age statictically than any of the so called young world class keepers mentioned in this thread. The keepers you mentioned as world class, also did not play in the premier league, well except from Hart, but we know he's shit now.

Last night also proved we can compete at the highest level, and that Fergie has not lost it. Not a bad nights work Wink

Also the best banner ever.

Manchester
MUFC
MDMA
Both Magic!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:25:32 AM by jackinbeat » Logged

What do I get, no sleep at night.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 14, 2013, 08:14:55 AM »

As good a result as the majority of supporters could have hoped for.  I still think that Madrid must be slight favs but we forget they are only 3rd in their league so are not to be feared. Really excited about the home leg

Thought Ronaldo showed some class with the lack of celebration from as good a headed goal as you will see.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:22:45 PM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 14, 2013, 04:13:11 PM »

As good a result as the majority of supporters could have hoped for.  I still think that Madrid must be slight favs but we forget they are only 3rd in their league so are not to be feared. Really excited about the home leg

Thought Ronaldo showed some class with the lack of celebration from as good a headed goal as you will see.

2-2 would have been better, or 3-3 and it could easily have been either of those.

De Gea did all that was asked of him, the instinctive save with his foot at the near post was reminiscent of Scmeichel.

The Ronaldo goal brought back memories... He used to play for us you know. We were privileged to have had him and I expect him to get a warm reception at OT before and after the second leg.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 14, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »

2-2 would have been better, or 3-3 and it could easily have been either of those.

De Gea did all that was asked of him, the instinctive save with his foot at the near post was reminiscent of Scmeichel.

The Ronaldo goal brought back memories... He used to play for us you know. We were privileged to have had him and I expect him to get a warm reception at OT before and after the second leg.
Unless he scores the winner ! Highly unlikely though ! Think his respect for United will be his downfall in the return leg.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 14, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »

I don't think one performance, however good or bad it is, really proves all that much. I still think De Gea is a good keeper with a lot of promise and I still think Hart is a good keeper who's very overrated. Shay Given was as good a shot stopper as you'll ever see, he was never a World Class keeper though.
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: February 14, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »

I don't think one performance, however good or bad it is, really proves all that much. I still think De Gea is a good keeper with a lot of promise and I still think Hart is a good keeper who's very overrated. Shay Given was as good a shot stopper as you'll ever see, he was never a World Class keeper though.
both good goal keepers ! Hart at the moment still better but not by much but time can change things as de gea still a spring chicken ! Think Hart is rated exactly where he is as the  best English goalkeeper England have ! As to say he is overrated is a bit baffling as Mancini nor Hart himself have ever expressed being the best goalkeeper in the world?

If anything Mancini as been highly critical of him in the past an yet to hear rumours of any of the big clubs abroad ever showing any interest in buying him !
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 14, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »

both good goal keepers ! Hart at the moment still better but not by much but time can change things as de gea still a spring chicken ! Think Hart is rated exactly where he is as the  best English goalkeeper England have ! As to say he is overrated is a bit baffling as Mancini nor Hart himself have ever expressed being the best goalkeeper in the world?

If anything Mancini as been highly critical of him in the past an yet to hear rumours of any of the big clubs abroad ever showing any interest in buying him !

I was more referring to fans and pundits, a lot of who say he's World Class when he's just not, I've said this for a long time and not just due to recent poor form. He's regularly talked about in the same group as the very best by the media and pundits which is pretty ridic.
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 14, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »

I was more referring to fans and pundits, a lot of who say he's World Class when he's just not, I've said this for a long time and not just due to recent poor form. He's regularly talked about in the same group as the very best by the media and pundits which is pretty ridic.
Goin make myself look silly here ! But I believe Hart is the nearest thing we have had to the great Peter Schmeichel in this country since he retired. Dont forget Peter Didnt get to Man utd till he was 28 an Joe is only 25 or 26 an playing at a higher level  than Peter for his age.
I am an admirer of Joe hart an isn't this sport great as everyone opinion is different so maybe let's give these young goalkeepers another 5 years then judge on what they have achieved!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 15, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »

One of the best ever

see how many he catches... particularly the second one on the vid

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 15, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »

Does he really mean "I want to see what Fergies doing, maybe a year off before I start at OT"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21473409

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 18, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »

Prediction:

Welbeck, Young and Cleverley will have been sold by Man United before the start of 2014-15 season.

Simply not good enough to play for United.

RVP and Carrick are papering over an awful lot this season.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 18, 2013, 10:00:01 PM »

Welbeck is really great all round striker, plays so well away from home too. Don't think he will go anywhere.

Pretty sad about young, last season he was amazing in spells. Cleverly I'm not so sure about, think its close.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 18, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »

The idea that this United team is as good (or better!) than the team of 99 is an absolute joke and an insult to a great line up

RVP is the only certainty to get in the team, Vidic might have a chance while Rooney and Carrick (that midfield was one of the best ever though) would have a small squeak of getting in.

That's it.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1289 on: February 18, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »

RVP and Carrick are papering over an awful lot this season.
Zzzzz

Love how people love to pick faults at utd at every opportunity, even when they are getting the results, Ur forgetting about evra, giggs, Valencia, and wellbeck is class

Squads very good ATM and pivotal players are in good form.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: