blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is this standard?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this standard?  (Read 11471 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:16 PM »

Feel free to write some useful advice on making USD transfers Glenn.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »

Feel free to write some useful advice on making USD transfers Glenn.

bonnet la douche Rodney, bonnet la douche

sola virtus nobilitat
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »

Pretty suprised at some of the posts itt.

If anyone wants to give me a 5k loan at high street bank quotes I'm all ears, the fact I expect nobody to want too is why I think people charging vig when lending money is super standard and fair enough, whether you know them or not.
neverbluff67

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »

Ive never charged vig and If I didn't know/trust someone enough I just wouldn't do it
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »

If anyone wants to prove how nice they are then I am willing to let them prove it by giving me USD at spot!

I have to say I was perfectly happy with using fliushy to get money out of Vegas last year (brag), although he hasn't replied to my PM this year about getting money there! I have tried to sort it out myself this year in getting money to Vegas but HSBC haven't managed to open the USD account with them that I asked for (expat with Internet banking etc.) but I think what they have offered is ok but I haven't checked up on it as much as I should with the limited time left. I did also charge no VIG at all when I had money in Vegas and other people needed USD but maybe I was being naive?

If people have limited time and are lazy/stupid like me what wold people say are the best options? A company like ICE delivers the foreign currency and sound like they will offer a better rate over the phone for larger amounts and will be generally fairly fast with this.

If I am just being stupid with what I have said at all I am happy to be told as much, hopefully with an alternative being offered.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »

cliffs on ICE forex company? Anyone used them? Flushy also not replied to my pm about using his service, but did only send yesterday Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »

They will use Royal Mail Special delivery to send you your currency and it looks like they charge about 1.6% VIG online for USD (if my maths is correct) but will reduce that if you phone them up and buy over £4000 apparently.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »

yeh ice was good rate for a large chunk relative to the amount you'll get skanked by banks etc.

last year flushy was hassle for the first 2 weeks because of the rio third party schenanigans but given that hassle would assume it'll all be plain sailing this year.

I has some $ left over still if anyone near london/essex wants some at like 475% vig 'ish'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »

These people are pretty good imo. Always visited in person so can't make any representations about any postal services

http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/

sola virtus nobilitat
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »

Anyone else giggle at that web address?

Like pen island and others.

Chortle

Edit: turns out pen island no longer has a pen-based website! Damn you, society!!!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2013, 11:15:13 PM »

Ive never charged vig and If I didn't know/trust someone enough I just wouldn't do it

Buy that man a large g and t.

Good to hear.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »

If anyone wants to prove how nice they are then I am willing to let them prove it by giving me USD at spot!

I have to say I was perfectly happy with using fliushy to get money out of Vegas last year (brag), although he hasn't replied to my PM this year about getting money there! I have tried to sort it out myself this year in getting money to Vegas but HSBC haven't managed to open the USD account with them that I asked for (expat with Internet banking etc.) but I think what they have offered is ok but I haven't checked up on it as much as I should with the limited time left. I did also charge no VIG at all when I had money in Vegas and other people needed USD but maybe I was being naive?

If people have limited time and are lazy/stupid like me what wold people say are the best options? A company like ICE delivers the foreign currency and sound like they will offer a better rate over the phone for larger amounts and will be generally fairly fast with this.

If I am just being stupid with what I have said at all I am happy to be told as much, hopefully with an alternative being offered.

My sister can beat xe, for a favour I'm sure she'll do £10k.

That's how nice I am Smiley

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »

Sorry guys but we can't do it this year, lots of problems relating to last year and other issues. Was really hoping would be up and running again in time for this years WSOP but its just not going to be possible.

Word of warning though if you do wire money to the Rio, you have to do it from your own personal account or you will not be given the money, they will also take over a week to send it back to the UK. Also on that note if sending money to the Rio be advised that you must take it all when you go to collect, you cannot leave it on deposit at the poker cage. Boxes are available but be quick.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2013, 11:56:06 PM »

Sorry guys but we can't do it this year, lots of problems relating to last year and other issues. Was really hoping would be up and running again in time for this years WSOP but its just not going to be possible.

Word of warning though if you do wire money to the Rio, you have to do it from your own personal account or you will not be given the money, they will also take over a week to send it back to the UK. Also on that note if sending money to the Rio be advised that you must take it all when you go to collect, you cannot leave it on deposit at the poker cage. Boxes are available but be quick.

Much much better off wiring your money to the Bellagio or the Wynn.

100 times more efficient to the Rio.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2013, 12:04:25 AM »

These people are pretty good imo. Always visited in person so can't make any representations about any postal services

http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/

Used them a few times by post and never had any issues.

See that we've dropped about three clubs on the dollar in the last week or so too Sad

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: