blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:25:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 258771 times)
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #765 on: April 01, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »

Whilst I am not really up to speed with the latest kit I don't think you will go too far wrong with any Canon DSLR. I got my 350D in 2005 and am still capturing some great images with it. In addition to the kit lens I also bought a 70-300 telephoto which is awesome.

Here are a few random images I have taken with this camera....

Click to see full-size image.

One of my fave images on this thread.

Geo

Thanks. That is one of my favourites too. I have it framed and hanging in the lounge Smiley

As a bonus it's right twice a day.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: April 01, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »

Nice one, looking at it now. Zoom is defo a big factor in stuff I want to photograph. I could afford a couple of these right now. Going to do a bit of research about Bridge vs DLSR, then might be heading to the shops in the morning. I must admit i don't really fancy having a bag full of lenses and stuff every time i go out. #excited

The image will never match a DSLR, but unless you're printing poster size, you'll never notice. (IMO of course)

The older I get, the better I was.
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 02, 2012, 06:56:30 AM »

Nice one, looking at it now. Zoom is defo a big factor in stuff I want to photograph. I could afford a couple of these right now. Going to do a bit of research about Bridge vs DLSR, then might be heading to the shops in the morning. I must admit i don't really fancy having a bag full of lenses and stuff every time i go out. #excited

The image will never match a DSLR, but unless you're printing poster size, you'll never notice. (IMO of course)

I agree with this to a large extent. I really don't see the need for "18 mega pixels" unless you are planning to print massive posters. Probably more important is the quality of the glass which helps produce much sharper images straight out of the camera.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 02, 2012, 07:02:17 AM »

Sharky - LOVE that set of photos, well done Sir.

You guys are all so good at this photography stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 02, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »

Sharky - LOVE that set of photos, well done Sir.

You guys are all so good at this photography stuff.

Thanks. Maybe it wasn't such a "random" sample but a selection of some my better images. The counter on that camera has now gone back to zero so I have taken over 10,000 photos with it. Plenty to choose from!
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: April 02, 2012, 07:42:58 AM »

I think a lot depends on how much you want to spend, without doubt dslr is better overall but as sharky said its the lens that really makes the images shine. So a bridge does everything right from the getgo, yet you can get your canon 600 (great body) but with the standard lens your still sort of stuck as you need at least another zoom lens and you also mentioned close up, so a macro lens too.
Suddenly you have spent 3 x what you initially wanted to but on the other hand if your happy to expand your kit over time (or unless you balla) then i think dslr is a better tool long term.

So to recap:
If you want to buy something today and take a variety of great images ( close up, zoom etc) then go for a bridge.

If you want to build a collection of high quality equipment that will last for years to come (lens etc)

One last thing, i bought a 24-70 canon lens about 4 years ago and it has gone up in value, lenses seem to hold there price on the second hand market very well too so going the dslr route wont be burning money as they hold there value pretty well.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: April 02, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »

Whilst I am not really up to speed with the latest kit I don't think you will go too far wrong with any Canon DSLR. I got my 350D in 2005 and am still capturing some great images with it. In addition to the kit lens I also bought a 70-300 telephoto which is awesome.

Here are a few random images I have taken with this camera....

One of my fave images on this thread.

Geo

Thanks. That is one of my favourites too. I have it framed and hanging in the lounge Smiley

As a bonus it's right twice a day.

Great shot!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 02, 2012, 07:46:49 AM »

I must have read reviews on nearly every camera as well as watched videos of them in action yesterday. The winner for me was the Nikon Coolpix P510 bridge, just out this month, insane zoom and image quality and does everything I need really. I was nearly swayed by one of these supercompacts but I stayed strong.

Down to the final bet for the camera phase in the challenge, so if that all goes well I will be ordering it tonight and just like that my only excuse for taking bad shots will have dissapeared. Can't wait!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 02, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »

Sigh..........lost my fkn pocket cam when out on the lash last night :-(
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #774 on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:18 AM »

Sigh..........lost my fkn pocket cam when out on the lash last night :-(

I bet your face was a picture.   

The older I get, the better I was.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: April 03, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »

Back from my Vegas trip. Took a few snapshots around town, nothing particularly worthy though. Took the big camera out on the road trip (West Rim Canyon, dam). It's incredibly hard to show the scale of the canyon; even when you're there it's very hard to work out just how big/deep it is. Anyway:

I like this one - I seem to do better taking people than places to be honest. One of the friends I went with, first time at the canyon:

Love the colours in this one. Only tweaked the vibrance/saturation a very little bit

Old machinery theme - old guano mine workings:

Spot the cat helicopter

On the way back, we did the dam. First time I've seen the new bridge. Incredibly impressed with both the architecture and civil engineering achievement here. Fits into the landscape perfectly IMHO. Wide angle of both:

There's a artic truck on the bridge, gives some idea of scale

You can also walk onto the bridge, gives a great location to shoot the dam. Look how low that water level is - about 40 feet of bleached walls. Last time I went (at least 10 years ago), it was full

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 03, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

LOVE the Hoover Dam & Bridge photos!

Photos barely do justice to the sheer size & scale of it, as you note.

I try to spend a day there on every Vegas trip.

Stunning civil engineering, by any standards.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 03, 2012, 11:10:05 AM »

Amazing quality pics there rex!! Is that a dslr you are using?

Also the guy in the first pic isn't called Mark is he? looks exactly like someone i used to know and i'm sure i even remember him wearing that exact hat.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 03, 2012, 11:24:52 AM »

And Rex do you know John from England

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: April 03, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »

Amazing quality pics there rex!! Is that a dslr you are using?

Also the guy in the first pic isn't called Mark is he? looks exactly like someone i used to know and i'm sure i even remember him wearing that exact hat.

Was all on Canon 7D with either a Sigma 8-16mm UWA or a Tamron 18-270. Only got the 7D a few days before I left (picked up a 2nd hand one for a decent price). Same sensor as the 550D (that I'll be selling shortly), but focussing system is better, and the overall build and feel of the thing is amazing. Viewfinder is extremely impressive as well, prism rather than mirror and it does make a big difference to the clarity and brightness.

The guy is Graham, he's a Chelsea fan, but we don't hold it against him too much.

It's funny, I look at the photos and think of shots I should have taken. Just means I have to go back Smiley. I've not really been into photography for very long, but it's funny how you look at things differently, and try and find interesting shots. My photographers eye still needs some work I think.

One more, just for tikay. Could do with a fiddle to up the exposure on the foreground, but not bad

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: