blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:41:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3457 3458 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 3464 3465 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13503731 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51900 on: September 02, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

i am tight i would of traded out i am telling you free money is always good money for me

favourite 1st 2nd favourite 2nd

How much would you have made by trading out?
no idea i will off just layed off so i got my stake back and let it ride FTW so in essence i am getting a free bet but dont tell the camel he would kill me

Sounds very shrewd.

i used too do it all the time till camel rapped my knuckles about a year ago
now i just do it when i am getting a decent return

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #51901 on: September 02, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »

favourite into 1.31 on betfair for next race now

Is this a recommendation? Keen not to rebuff any nuggets.

Well if you have a Ladbrokes mobile account... You either make a tenner or convert your £25 in to a free bet.  Ofc really bad things could happen.

Is this all really + ev? backing 1.3 horses with a backdoor free bet that also may not win thus costing the original £25.. do we use the free bet for a proper bet?

yeah you bet on the top 2 horses 3rd horse just retired from blackpool beach too take up racing
so if the bookies are giving freebets if your horse comes 2nd in a 2 horse race by backing both you
are gtd a profit as long as you are planning on betting with them at another point

They do it with only 3 runners?  thought min was 4...didnt one of the bang favourites lose today?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #51902 on: September 02, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »

worse bets than herrera to stay at 7/2 with skybet

shame no other firm have it priced up

Bilbao unlike most clubs have no need to sell for any less than the clause

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51903 on: September 02, 2013, 05:51:36 PM »

i am tight i would of traded out i am telling you free money is always good money for me

favourite 1st 2nd favourite 2nd

How much would you have made by trading out?
no idea i will off just layed off so i got my stake back and let it ride FTW so in essence i am getting a free bet but dont tell the camel he would kill me

Sounds very shrewd.

i used too do it all the time till camel rapped my knuckles about a year ago
now i just do it when i am getting a decent return

This was kinda my point. How do you know you are getting a decent return, if you don't know how much you are getting?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51904 on: September 02, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »

Ironside, you aren't helping!

There is a 4 runner minimum, yes

Doobs can explain his maths and the EV of the free bets, Dean. Will be better than me cobbling it together!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51905 on: September 02, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »

the basis of it was copied onto the first post of the thread

"Say you had a £50 free bet.

If you back a 1/2 chance. Assume it has a 67% chance of winning, your expectated return is 0.67 x £25 = £16.67

If you back a 3/1 chance.  Assume it has a 25% chance of winning, your expected return is 0.25 x £150 = £37.50

If you back a 10/1 chance.  Assume it has a 9% chance of winning, your expected return is  0.09 x £500 = £45

If you back a 50/1 chance.  I think this is where the theory falls over.  A lot of 50/1 chances are 80/1 or so on Betfair, so chance of winning is only 0.0125.  So expected return =£2500 x0.0125 = £31.25, which is lower than the expected return on the 10/1 chance.

I think the correct answer is use your free bet to back a horse that is over 10/1 that the bookie is offering very close to Betfair prices on.

Do not back each way"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #51906 on: September 02, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »

Ironside, you aren't helping!

There is a 4 runner minimum, yes

Doobs can explain his maths and the EV of the free bets, Dean. Will be better than me cobbling it together!

cheers..as confirmed ice cream cant figure it

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Spudy

View Profile
« Reply #51907 on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »

Couldn't help myself. Had to have £20 on Arsenal at 16's to win the Premiership at Boylesports. Ozil done, Pastore possible as well as Ba.

Man Utd look a shadow of the team they were with Sir Alex in charge.

Man City looked very very ordinary against Cardiff.

Liverpool will surely blow up at some point.

Chelsea look the main danger.

Any thoughts?

Agree that Chelsea have best chance of winning the league from what I have seen so far, they have some difficult fixtures coming up though so we will soon know.

Did i ever mention that Napoli won a match once???
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51908 on: September 02, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »

Well if you have a Ladbrokes mobile account... You either make a tenner or convert your £25 in to a free bet.  Ofc really bad things could happen.

Is this all really + ev? backing 1.3 horses with a backdoor free bet that also may not win thus costing the original £25.. do we use the free bet for a proper bet?

yeah you bet on the top 2 horses 3rd horse just retired from blackpool beach too take up racing
so if the bookies are giving freebets if your horse comes 2nd in a 2 horse race by backing both you
are gtd a profit as long as you are planning on betting with them at another point

They do it with only 3 runners?  thought min was 4...didnt one of the bang favourites lose today?

it was an error doobs didnt know about the 4 horse minimum on WH but i will let him explain

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #51909 on: September 02, 2013, 07:16:22 PM »

it was an error doobs didnt know about the 4 horse minimum on WH but i will let him explain

Don't think there is much to explain more than was covered around 2pm.  They have offers on the mobile site that say t and c's apply, but I can't see them on the mobile.  Hence I didn't see that in the rules.  The bet would clearly be +EV if it met the conditons.  We could have put the bets on the other way round and we'd have been fine.  FWIW I got 8/13 about a 1/7 chance, wish all my fk ups were that +EV.  I think we still need to hear from Tikay because the t and c's talked about live racing on channel 4, so there may be a get out.

I backed another 3 winners that thread missed. I ran very well, thread ran very bad. 

Please stop all this talk of greening out, upsets Neil, and we like Neil here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #51910 on: September 02, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »

Please tell me you followed me into backing Stenson Tikay!  Stricker currently joint 2nd, Garcia has gone a bit backwards, unfortunately Stenson 3 clear.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51911 on: September 02, 2013, 07:22:01 PM »

Sorry guys, been busy next door again, so missed the last few horses.

Not bothered about the 3 or 4 runner thing., mistakes happen, we've placed over 2,000 bets, bound to be a few misclicks.

Will check my T & C's on it late, bit busy right now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51912 on: September 02, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »

Golf is rubbish for thread.  Keegan Bradley has just hit a 7 and Mickelson is well and truly gone.  C'mon Stricker.  Did you back Stenson off thread Tikay?

Fred is not on, but I am, yes. I got the hint earlier loud & clear! Thank you!

One of those days for Fred, it happens.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #51913 on: September 02, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »

worse bets than herrera to stay at 7/2 with skybet

shame no other firm have it priced up

Bilbao unlike most clubs have no need to sell for any less than the clause

now evens

shame no other firm priced it up
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #51914 on: September 02, 2013, 09:11:11 PM »

Does anyone know how Crystal Palace are getting on for number of signings vs the rest, got them at 5-1 earlier, now they are odds on so I presume they r doing well?
Pages: 1 ... 3457 3458 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 3464 3465 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: