blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Can he have anything?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can he have anything?  (Read 2364 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2008, 06:21:18 PM »

Full Tilt Poker Game #7018271511: Table dmandon (6 max) - $3/$6 - $240 Cap Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 13:15:42 ET - 2008/06/29
Seat 1: trackyou ($690.50)
Seat 2: MacMcNiggs ($738)
Seat 4: The Norse Horse ($886.75)
Seat 5: tiltingDONK ($1,406.25)
Seat 6: anna59 ($493)
tiltingDONK posts the small blind of $3
anna59 posts the big blind of $6
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to The Norse Horse [X X X X]
trackyou raises to $21
MacMcNiggs folds
The Norse Horse calls $21
tiltingDONK folds
anna59 folds
*** FLOP *** [Two Clubs ]
trackyou has 15 seconds left to act
trackyou checks
The Norse Horse checks
*** TURN *** [Two Clubs ] []
trackyou checks
The Norse Horse checks
*** RIVER *** [Two Clubs ] []
trackyou bets $51
The Norse Horse has 15 seconds left to act

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »

Can you have anything?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »

doesn't seem like it..smells like an overpair to me..might have hit his back door FD but that's it..If i had a set I might call this.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »

Can you have anything?

45 or a flush?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »

OK - I don't play much omaha full stop - rarely cash and certainly not at these levels, so my thoughts are probably a load of bollox.  I'm going to post them anyway because I'd like to learn to play the game better - feel free to shoot me down!!  I'd lean towards being a non-believer here - if he's hit a straight or flush I'd have expected him to bet his draws.  Likewise I'd expect him to bet a set and probably two pair on the turn once the heart draw is there.  I can't imagine the has helped him unless he's hit a baby flush, though I'm thinking that's less likely given the pre-flop raise.  Over pair maybe?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »

any previous with villian?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »

any previous with villian?

None been playing about 5 minutes, tiltingdonk was the only guy i had a line with.

OK - I don't play much omaha full stop - rarely cash and certainly not at these levels, so my thoughts are probably a load of bollox.  I'm going to post them anyway because I'd like to learn to play the game better - feel free to shoot me down!!  I'd lean towards being a non-believer here - if he's hit a straight or flush I'd have expected him to bet his draws.  Likewise I'd expect him to bet a set and probably two pair on the turn once the heart draw is there.  I can't imagine the has helped him unless he's hit a baby flush, though I'm thinking that's less likely given the pre-flop raise.  Over pair maybe?

Exactly my thinking Claire, although i think he prob checks to win with an overpair, a baby flush probably doesn't be the pot as well was my other thought.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 07:44:26 PM »

is it possible he has AKQX  OR    AKJX  type hand and has backed into  J or Q high flush ?

and why are you not betting flop or turn ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:47:20 PM by booder » Logged

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 10:09:27 PM »

I didn't bet the flop because i feared a CR, i didn't bet the turn because i thought i might have the best hand and if not a lot of outs to improve.

I called his river bet as it made no sense to me with

He tabled   and was not too happy with me....

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 10:27:06 PM »

Lucky call
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 10:36:35 PM »

I didn't bet the flop because i feared a CR, i didn't bet the turn because i thought i might have the best hand and if not a lot of outs to improve.

oh - I thought you were going to raise and get him to fold.  I think its acceptable to doctor hand histories for entertainment purposes if it doesn't affect the outcome.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 11:38:58 PM »

oh - I thought you were going to raise and get him to fold.  I think its acceptable to doctor hand histories for entertainment purposes if it doesn't affect the outcome.

lol its legit, if he bets less than pot i fold but it just couldnt be anything but a bluff or the nuts i thought and its rarely the nuts

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 11:54:44 PM »

Lucky call

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 09:40:52 AM »

What do you think long term EV is with calls like this?

I make them quite often because I never believe a pot bet on the river following this action. I often find that I was right to think he's bluffing but he's got the seven or something equally as sickening. The read was right but the outcome went wrong if you know what I mean.

I can understand that it's not worth raising because he's either got nothing or the nuts but nothing could easily be a pair at omaha.

Middle pair just seems very risky and I just wonder how it works out long term.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »

What do you think long term EV is with calls like this?

I make them quite often because I never believe a pot bet on the river following this action. I often find that I was right to think he's bluffing but he's got the seven or something equally as sickening. The read was right but the outcome went wrong if you know what I mean.

I can understand that it's not worth raising because he's either got nothing or the nuts but nothing could easily be a pair at omaha.

Middle pair just seems very risky and I just wonder how it works out long term.

That was my worry, what if he is bluffing with a 7, i think i this hand that's unlikely i have checked twice i pretty much never have anything by then so he checks behind. I don't make a habbit of calling with 3rd pair in PLO, lol

If i had air as well i might well min raise here but obviously then i am getting evens as opposed to 2-1 which is far less attractive!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: