blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 88303 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »

See you at DTD later mate Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »

Last night was pretty drab for the most part, got more fun toward the end of the night.

Spent most of the XXL nursing a <10bb stack, every time I got over 25bb's I got in a flip or got it in crushed and did a lose. Dunno whether it's worth my time playing these, guarantee is so good though for the buy in.

Sat on 1/1 and buy the time I'd put my stack down I was already looking for another table. Only one real hand of interest where I checked  from straddle 6 ways and board came  , I lead £8 and guy with £25 stack calls, I just put him all in on the turn  two hearts and he calls, riv is  and I lose to  , his friend then makes a comment "You put him all in with just a 7?" and looks absolutely astonished, took everything I had to not give him a huge lecture but I took the high road and just gave him a smile.

Later proceeded to stack him, karma's a bitch.

Alex was beckoning me over to a 1/2 that didn't look deep at all, and not a lot of "sicko's", only person I noticed apart from alex was Sean Randall who's more of a tournament player afaik? Might be wrong, won't be the first time I've offended someone in the diary by accident. 

Played the last hand on 1/1 where I opened  and a "non-solid" player does a peel. He's the only one relatively deep at the table but says things like "You only check when you don't have anything" so we did a check on  and predictably he leads a  turn, we do a raise and he snaps. Riv is a brick  and he bombs and we snap him. He proudly shows 

Moved to the 1/2, alex leaves shortly after cause I'm an intimidating mother fucker, or he went to get drunk with Melissa, you pick.

Soon pick up  in the big over a straddle, 2 limps and Randall makes it £14 OTB, I make it £45 (thoughts on sizing?) and he peels, he has me covered with £290 effective.

Get a pretty good board of  and I go for the "I have AK mate, check it down?" play, he bets £50 pretty quick. I do a wager of all betting discs and he tanks for 30 secs then calls.  turn and the bricktastic  river, I flip the JJ and he looks VERY tilted and snap quits the game. TT?

Took a forced one hour break, don't ask. Game broke when I'd come back.

Sat in a 1/1 again with a good friend, she's solid but obv wasn't finding anything all night, gets a full triple with set over set and overpair Grin Moaning it in for the win.

Some of the people from the 1/2 had moved to the 1/1 and a very random guy was on my right with a deece stack, we play a pot where I check  from the straddle with 5 limpers (Incl drunk guy who's trying to start a fight with a guy on the next table) board comes , I lead for £7, 3 callers incl villain. Brick turn, bet £22 and he's the only caller. Get a marv  and he announces "40" but actually puts 70 in! It's ruled as 40 thank god as I would of puked at a £70 river lead, so hard OTR here, obv two big draws get there but I've seen him do some very weird things in the last few hands, min c/r'ing with bottom pair etc, so we go for the negreanu play of wanting to see the best hand and do a call, he flashes  , I turn A9 and he folds.

One of the last hands of the night was very tilting where a guy from a previous post where I value cut myself with  vs  shows up again. Drunk guy opens £3 and he peels along with confusing guy from above, I peel  from the big.

I donk £9 and he ponders and calls OTB, his pondering seemed more like hollywood than an actual decision, decided to go with this read and evaluate turn. Turn is  two spades and I lead small £17 and he raises pretty quick to £35, obv now I know the flop is hollywood and he likely has a pretty huge made hand. He has £150 behind and I decided to do a call and then lead a non 8/board pair/club river. Riv is  and visibly he looks more comfortable than the turn, I check and he pretty quickly bets £68, I don't think for long before folding, hurts obviously but I'm pretty glad I didn't get stubborn and call the river, just can never see him betting worse.

Alex and Melissa are hilariously drunk at this point, watching Alex kiss Gavin while I'm pondering my river fold certainly cheered me up Grin

Left about a £200 winner for the night, bought in for the 6max on friday which I'm excited for, a nice little run in that will boost morale a lot.

Tonight really isn't gonna be fun, I'm tanking a trip to Gala due to a few things. But just got a text from a really good friend I've not seen for like 8 months who's going DTD tonight and I want to see him so..  Either way if I'm in a less jovial mood tonight you have my premature apology.

Monthly results coming up Sunday, and you'll see why I don't really like my job for the world's greatest supermarket on a bowl wage.

Wink

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »

£45 sizing for JJ 3bet is exactly what i'd make it, nh

im up for causing more trouble tonight Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »

£45 sizing for JJ 3bet is exactly what i'd make it

Haha I've been paying attention. Wink
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »

£45 sizing for JJ 3bet is exactly what i'd make it

Haha I've been paying attention. Wink

I thought you just folded everytime I 3bet you regardless of how big I made it Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »

Alex and Melissa are hilariously drunk at this point, watching Alex kiss Gavin while I'm pondering my river fold certainly cheered me up Grin

Wink

First George was sexy, and now a kiss for Gavin, a pattern is emerging...

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »

Wink

Not interested mate, sorry Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »

Wink

Not interested mate, sorry Cheesy

devastated Cry

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »

Last night was pretty drab for the most part, got more fun toward the end of the night.

Spent most of the XXL nursing a <10bb stack, every time I got over 25bb's I got in a flip or got it in crushed and did a lose. Dunno whether it's worth my time playing these, guarantee is so good though for the buy in.

Sat on 1/1 and buy the time I'd put my stack down I was already looking for another table. Only one real hand of interest where I checked  from straddle 6 ways and board came  , I lead £8 and guy with £25 stack calls, I just put him all in on the turn  two hearts and he calls, riv is  and I lose to  , his friend then makes a comment "You put him all in with just a 7?" and looks absolutely astonished, took everything I had to not give him a huge lecture but I took the high road and just gave him a smile.

Alex was beckoning me over to a 1/2 that didn't look deep at all, and not a lot of "sicko's", only person I noticed apart from alex was Sean Randall who's more of a tournament player afaik? Might be wrong, won't be the first time I've offended someone in the diary by accident. 

Played the last hand on 1/1 where I opened  and a "non-solid" player does a peel. He's the only one relatively deep at the table but says things like "You only check when you don't have anything" so we did a check on  and predictably he leads a  turn, we do a raise and he snaps. Riv is a brick  and he bombs and we snap him. He proudly shows 

Moved to the 1/2, alex leaves shortly after cause I'm an intimidating mother fucker, or he went to get drunk with Melissa, you pick.

Soon pick up  in the big over a straddle, 2 limps and Randall makes it £14 OTB, I make it £45 (thoughts on sizing?) and he peels, he has me covered with £290 effective.

Get a pretty good board of  and I go for the "I have AK mate, check it down?" play, he bets £50 pretty quick. I do a wager of all betting discs and he tanks for 30 secs then calls.  turn and the bricktastic  river, I flip the JJ and he looks VERY tilted and snap quits the game. TT?

Ha nice to be recognised.  That in itself is a compliment. I venture onto cash games but seem to run sooo bad at dtd, atm. (Feel like belton) Had played for a couple of hours aa,kk,kk. Not paid properly once. Ak v 63; k33 flop, etc,etc. goulden one outplaying me Sad(((. But had made a few bluffs to stay level. My lift was hassling me to go and I should have left a good 1 hand before THAT hand; that along with the run out caused me to tilt more than usual.  Anyway nice catch, I'll go back to torns ...
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2013, 01:03:59 AM »

Ha nice to be recognised.  That in itself is a compliment. I venture onto cash games but seem to run sooo bad at dtd, atm. (Feel like belton) Had played for a couple of hours aa,kk,kk. Not paid properly once. Ak v 63; k33 flop, etc,etc. goulden one outplaying me Sad(((. But had made a few bluffs to stay level. My lift was hassling me to go and I should have left a good 1 hand before THAT hand; that along with the run out caused me to tilt more than usual.  Anyway nice catch, I'll go back to torns ...
This is fast turning into a car crash of a diary. Genius in my opinion.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2013, 01:05:39 AM »

Like a butchered poker hand that gets there. Good luck over the weekend mett.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2013, 01:15:57 AM »

Sat on 1/1 and buy the time I'd put my stack down I was already looking for another table. Only one real hand of interest where I checked   from straddle 6 ways and board came   , I lead £8 and guy with £25 stack calls, I just put him all in on the turn  two hearts and he calls, riv is   and I lose to   , his friend then makes a comment "You put him all in with just a 7?" and looks absolutely astonished, took everything I had to not give him a huge lecture but I took the high road and just gave him a smile.

Played the last hand on 1/1 where I opened   and a "non-solid" player does a peel. He's the only one relatively deep at the table but says things like "You only check when you don't have anything" so we did a check on   and predictably he leads a   turn, we do a raise and he snaps. Riv is a brick   and he bombs and we snap him. He proudly shows  

Soon pick up   in the big over a straddle, 2 limps and Randall makes it £14 OTB, I make it £45 (thoughts on sizing?) and he peels, he has me covered with £290 effective.

Get a pretty good board of   and I go for the "I have AK mate, check it down?" play, he bets £50 pretty quick. I do a wager of all betting discs and he tanks for 30 secs then calls.   turn and the bricktastic   river, I flip the JJ and he looks VERY tilted and snap quits the game. TT?

Ha nice to be recognised.  That in itself is a compliment. I venture onto cash games but seem to run sooo bad at dtd, atm. (Feel like belton) Had played for a couple of hours aa,kk,kk. Not paid properly once. Ak v 63; k33 flop, etc,etc. goulden one outplaying me Sad(((. But had made a few bluffs to stay level. My lift was hassling me to go and I should have left a good 1 hand before THAT hand; that along with the run out caused me to tilt more than usual.  Anyway nice catch, I'll go back to torns ...

Who's this sorry? Sean I assume?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2013, 07:24:48 AM »

Fml. I have been reading this for days. Needs the title changing as I thought this was you.

Click to see full-size image.

Hey Ho anyway. If #2 is the girl in the car on Facebook I would be chip dumping to her if I were you. She can do better you probably can't Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2013, 10:25:42 AM »

Sat on 1/1 and buy the time I'd put my stack down I was already looking for another table. Only one real hand of interest where I checked   from straddle 6 ways and board came   , I lead £8 and guy with £25 stack calls, I just put him all in on the turn  two hearts and he calls, riv is   and I lose to   , his friend then makes a comment "You put him all in with just a 7?" and looks absolutely astonished, took everything I had to not give him a huge lecture but I took the high road and just gave him a smile.

Played the last hand on 1/1 where I opened   and a "non-solid" player does a peel. He's the only one relatively deep at the table but says things like "You only check when you don't have anything" so we did a check on   and predictably he leads a   turn, we do a raise and he snaps. Riv is a brick   and he bombs and we snap him. He proudly shows  

Soon pick up   in the big over a straddle, 2 limps and Randall makes it £14 OTB, I make it £45 (thoughts on sizing?) and he peels, he has me covered with £290 effective.

Get a pretty good board of   and I go for the "I have AK mate, check it down?" play, he bets £50 pretty quick. I do a wager of all betting discs and he tanks for 30 secs then calls.   turn and the bricktastic   river, I flip the JJ and he looks VERY tilted and snap quits the game. TT?

Ha nice to be recognised.  That in itself is a compliment. I venture onto cash games but seem to run sooo bad at dtd, atm. (Feel like belton) Had played for a couple of hours aa,kk,kk. Not paid properly once. Ak v 63; k33 flop, etc,etc. goulden one outplaying me Sad(((. But had made a few bluffs to stay level. My lift was hassling me to go and I should have left a good 1 hand before THAT hand; that along with the run out caused me to tilt more than usual.  Anyway nice catch, I'll go back to torns ...

Who's this sorry? Sean I assume?
You assume well. Nice diary btw...
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »

Fml. I have been reading this for days. Needs the title changing as I thought this was you.

Haha! Now I'm insulted Wink

Hey Ho anyway. If #2 is the girl in the car on Facebook I would be chip dumping to her if I were you. She can do better you probably can't Smiley

Haha. Women ain't on my mind at the moment. #gaycliffhanger

You assume well. Nice diary btw...

Cheers pal, hope to play with you again soon think that was the first time?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: