blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:45:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 131075 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2013, 10:00:32 PM »

Love that this has quickly become the shameless dog pics thread.

This is what my sister did to my Mums dog yesterday

Click to see full-size image.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2013, 12:06:19 AM »

lol wtf, that is just not normal  Cheesy

I like dogs, but there is some weirdo dog lovers out there   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:12:28 AM by Woodsey » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2013, 11:17:28 AM »

Tis true. We are weirdos, but imo, the right kind of weirdo. I don't dress my dog up or anything btw. Its a generalisation of course but I genuinely believe dog owners are more likely to be friendly/fun/generous. I think most dog owners in some way treat their dog like, or have a dog as, a child substitute. That is certainly the case with me and Gina, at this point in our life we are really feeling the pressure to have children from friends and family, but we don't want them. The dog probably satisfies whatever small paternal urges we have there.

I'm 33 now, Gina is 28, and we obviously don't want to wait too long if we are going to have kids, but the inclination is really not there at all with either of us. I do hate the idea of never having them, but we really don't want them at the moment.   
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »

Never actually followed then unfollowed this particular chap on twitter like he said, but what a delight he must be:

Lee @pokersternfan
@Barry_Carter hey you fucking asshole, you just followed me a few days ago, I followed back and now I see you've unfollowed me
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2013, 12:47:11 PM »

I don't dress my dog up or anything btw.

hmmmmmm pretty sure that there is proof on blonde you do! Superman?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »

I don't dress my dog up or anything btw.

hmmmmmm pretty sure that there is proof on blonde you do! Superman?

That was actually my sister again with my dog, and it was wonder woman.

I'll have to dig that one out actually.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2013, 12:59:24 PM »

Never actually followed then unfollowed this particular chap on twitter like he said, but what a delight he must be:

Lee @pokersternfan
@Barry_Carter hey you fucking asshole, you just followed me a few days ago, I followed back and now I see you've unfollowed me

I never get stuff like that. I'm not sure what it is about twitter and followers etc but I want people to follow me for content (not that i tweet often so pretty moot) not because I'm following them. Its playgroundesque behaviour

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2013, 07:33:07 PM »

Wtf of the day goes to this video created by John Mcafee, he of McAfee Anti Virus

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:36:51 PM by DaveShoelace » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »

Does anyone here use Linkedin? I mean really really use it, rather than just having an account?

My profile keeps getting endorsed by people, which is nice, but does that mean they are expecting me to say thanks, or endorse them?

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »

Does anyone here use Linkedin? I mean really really use it, rather than just having an account?

My profile keeps getting endorsed by people, which is nice, but does that mean they are expecting me to say thanks, or endorse them?

it sometimes means this, sometimes doesn't. Particularly a written endorsement (which you haven't asked for...) should lead to at least a 'thanks', but if it's just the 'X has endorsed you for skill Y' then this can just be general button clicking/gamification of linkedin and doesn't really require a response.

that said, i'm basically the rudest human on the planet, so...best person to ask would be Jonas -- he's a power linkedin user Smiley
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »

Deffo one of the coolest things about this job is you get thrown a few freebies and get in on the ground floor about a few things. I'm quite friendly with Taylor Caby of Cardrunners fame so I managed to get my hands on an advanced screener of the Bet Raise Fold movie.

There have been three poker documentaries since Black Friday (All in: The Poker Movie and Drawing Dead being the others) and I actually liked all three. BRF is pretty much exactly what you expect, told very much from the serious players perspective. I'll be doing a full review next week 'next door' (as Tikay would say) but I think most serious players and most of the folks on this forum will enjoy it.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »

Had a lovely night out on Friday with FUN4FRASER and our respective missuses. Fraser and I became friends a year or two back outside of poker at our local gym, in fact he was my gym buddy for a while and I certainly owe a good 5 or 6 of the 20lbs I lost to fit in my wedding suit to him. I bragged about not having had a hangover in over 18 months that night and was of course rewarded with one the next day after a mere four pints....four pints! Amazingly I have ducked a hangover for a very long time, which included my stag do last year where I think I possibly drank more than I've ever drank in my life. To finally be brought down by just four pints was quite humbling.

This is my hangover cure btw:

The hangover I had 18 months ago was the worst I've ever had. It was the European Poker Awards in Paris, I've been a judge for the last four years and I love it, because its just a great do to take the missus and its a free bar. I accepted an award for Sam Trickett that night pissed out of my skull and mumbled something along the lines of 'he's British, I'm British, that's why I am accepting the award, I played against him once in Sheffield and he seemed like a nice bloke'. They then lost his award and I'm starting to think it might have been my fault.

Anyway it was a free bar and we all stayed really late to celebrate Jesse May winning an award, but there was no beer, it was only wine and champagne (bloody French). As a result, worst hangover ever. I was virtually crying the next day it was so bad, all I did the next day was weep, apologise to Gina, and throw up for two hours straight on the EuroStar.

Pictures from said event

(Jesse May is literally propping me up as I hide in the background)

Gina & Kara Scott, who became good mates. IMO Kara Scott is the best all round poker tottie and a great person, so this pic went into my 'special' collection.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »

Meanwhile for the dog lovers, here is my impatient mutt as we found him, just before we were about to give him his brekky.

dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »

Lol, great dog pic!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »

Brag alert

Guy wins WSOP Four Max event, sings the praises of a certain book in the winner's interview.

It's not the first big win by one of Jared's clients, he has had them win bracelets and EPTs before. In fact he has a couple of clients who have won really significant events, but he doesn't publicly say who his clients are unless they volunteer that information themselves. In fact despite working together for four years, he still doesn't tell me who his clients are (bloody ethics). As you can imagine that's frustrating for me, the marketing side of the operation.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what impact this has on sales, and more importantly, how am I going to milk this for all it's worth?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: