blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:26:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Played this like a noob- what now???
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Played this like a noob- what now???  (Read 2137 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:26:42 AM »

OK probably played this scared cos of buy in (did satty in however)

PokerStars Game #23418770003: Tournament #129741231, $1000+$50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/12/30 21:22:56 ET
Table '129741231 42' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Roland62 (5365 in chips)
Seat 2: neverwin (5400 in chips)
Seat 3: gar2lapeche (10899 in chips)
Seat 4: QuasiFiction (2607 in chips)
Seat 5: VuaXi`Tô' (5438 in chips)
Seat 6: George2Loose (5405 in chips)
Seat 7: mysterio6044 (2035 in chips)
Seat 8: QTgirlE3 (2750 in chips)
Seat 9: JonnyMalc (2570 in chips)
mysterio6044: posts small blind 75
QTgirlE3: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to George2Loose [ ]
JonnyMalc: raises 275 to 425
Roland62: folds
neverwin: folds
gar2lapeche: folds
neverwin said, "rather play cash online and big tournies live"
QuasiFiction: folds
VuaXi`Tô': folds
George2Loose: calls 425
mysterio6044: folds
QTgirlE3: raises 1465 to 1890
JonnyMalc: raises 680 to 2570 and is all-in
George2Loose: Huh?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »

I don't think it matters how you play it because your chips are going in anyhow. If you raise the intial 425 to around 1k you are committing the UTG to the hand if he wants to play it. He's not putting 1k in from 2.5k to fold. And would you fold for another 1.5k if he pushed pre?

The other all-in has the same chips so you commit to that call as well if you raise. So raising your Queens commits you to standard call either of these all-ins and the hands could well be better after that action. But by just calling the UTG your hand is very well disguised. Any better hand that raises after this call e.g. K-K would still give you action if you raised, and the chips go in. The benefit of your disguise is that you now invite worse hands to raise. Hands that would have folded if you raised. That's good for you and is surely the reason you called in the first place. If raising pre gets you committed vs better anyway then you absolutely want calling pre to commit you vs worse at other times. Not even close. Snap this. You will run into better hands sometimes. Hands that you would have run into anyway raising. But nobody knows you have Queens so the trap has worked.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:22:17 AM »

Fold

sola virtus nobilitat
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 06:50:17 AM »

I think this is a pretty standard fold.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »

I call ftw- you've played it pretty girly so they dont expect you to have much- you'll still have plenty behind should you lose- oppo's range goes from 99-AA but with stack sizes also AK's so dont mind calling off for the treble through-I take it you folded??

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 10:06:51 AM »

get it in 100%.  u flatted so sum1 would squeeze so get it in now pls. also 3bet pre pls, utg is commited to the hand (most people aint gunna be raise/folding pre from utg with 16bbs in a 1k) so might as well get all the monies in rather than giving yourslef a ghey post flop decision if the flop brings an overcard or indeed if the flop comes awkward for his 88-jj and he might fold meaning u miss out on value. utgs range is owt hes willing to get 16 bbs in with so AQ+ 88+ imo.  bb i think isnt gunna be folding AQ or 88,99 since hes got a bit short imo so i put him on the same AQ+ 88+.  It helps if you know the flow of the game like if either of the villians had just lost big pots etc therefore possibly widening their ranges.
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »

No reads up to now george?
this is the mtt that isaac won at a guess?,i do not mind the flat call as JonnyMalc range would normally be QQ+ AKs+ in this situation and after his re-raise all in to isolate QTgirlE3 i guess you have to assume that it is now..Don't know much about
QTgirlE3 but looking at the stack size pre 18bb and has decided to shove an utg raiser then i'd be surprised if QTgirlE3 has
anything less than AK maybe JJ+ [it could be wider but i doubt it]
so i'd fold here george - 3 way odds wise QQ it is slim given villains ranges, if you had KK then it would be really close to a call... but fold once all the action gets back to you.

I'm guessing you folded,i hope you didn't call? my hunch is that QTgirlE3 will win the hand Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:03:37 PM by noble1 » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »

Snap and put your hands in the air.

Middy has range about right imo.

i do not mind the flat call as JonnyMalc range would normally be QQ+ AKs+ in this situation and after his re-raise all in to isolate QTgirlE3 i guess you have to assume that it is now

Don't know much about
QTgirlE3 but looking at the stack size pre 18bb and has decided to shove an utg raiser then i'd be surprised if QTgirlE3 has
anything less than AK maybe JJ+ [it could be wider but i doubt it]

Where do you get these ranges from?!

And if Malc's bizarre range is true how on earth is QQ a flat, surely its a fold?

QTgirlE3 must have a range larger than JJ+ AK

I am guessing QT had AK and Malc had 88-TT

I think you folded then thought, what the hell am i doing!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »

get it in 100%.  u flatted so sum1 would squeeze so get it in now pls. also 3bet pre pls, utg is commited to the hand (most people aint gunna be raise/folding pre from utg with 16bbs in a 1k) so might as well get all the monies in rather than giving yourslef a ghey post flop decision if the flop brings an overcard or indeed if the flop comes awkward for his 88-jj and he might fold meaning u miss out on value. utgs range is owt hes willing to get 16 bbs in with so AQ+ 88+ imo.  bb i think isnt gunna be folding AQ or 88,99 since hes got a bit short imo so i put him on the same AQ+ 88+.  It helps if you know the flow of the game like if either of the villians had just lost big pots etc therefore possibly widening their ranges.

FWIW I'm usually 3 betting this 99% of the time but for some reason the buy in froze me up and I started making gay calls like this one.

I know QTEgirl is a decent player- surely he's not squeezing light against an UTG player- I was more worried about his range than UTG

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 12:44:19 PM »

I know QTEgirl is a decent player- surely he's not squeezing light against an UTG player

UTG bets 425 and villain 2 calls the 425. You pick up A-A. What would you bet? Because betting 1,890 from 2,750 don't look like A-A to me. It's like more than 4x the original bet and leaves you with less than 1k and totally visibly committed to the hand. Would you play A-A that way...transparent like? I either bet 1025 or push. Prob push though because it looks like A-K and UTG will call with his pair. Betting 1,890 looks so wtf he doesn't beat Q-Q imo. But the action before this bet makes him look strong...which is why he is good I suppose. He would bet this amount with 10-10. He's therefore not pushing light....COS HE DON'T KNOW YOU HAVE QUEENS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:46:46 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »

FWIW I'm usually 3 betting this 99% of the time but for some reason the buy in froze me up and I started making gay calls like this one.

I know QTEgirl is a decent player- surely he's not squeezing light against an UTG player- I was more worried about his range than UTG

I dont think QTEgirl is ever doing this as a bluff with random suited connectors or owt like that but I also dont think he can find a fold if he picks up a hand. maybe he folds some AQo and 88-99s. but what do you do if your in QTEgirl's spot with AQs or 99?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »

I dont think QTEgirl is ever doing this as a bluff with random suited connectors or owt like that but I also dont think he can find a fold if he picks up a hand. maybe he folds some AQo and 88-99s. but what do you do if your in QTEgirl's spot with AQs or 99?

Shove and shove, but i run good pre.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »

the only reason i think QTgirlE3 is not 3 betting light here is because of JonnyMalcs stack size because with his position and what he has left behind i do not think he has raised light utg and he has a hand to go to war with.I expect QTgirlE3 to know this and to have the stronger hand..

I dont mind the smooth call with QQ to a utg raiser george , either way stack wise you have room to maneuver, with 33bb
behind after calling and position imo you can afford to see a flop once in a while.
3 bet in this spot is ok to , but given you only called and have now seen the action from the other 2 i think it is a fold.

JonnyMalc normally has a wide ish range from this position throw in 99 TT JJ AQ AJs KQs,but given his stack size here i am just assuming he has tightened that range up a bit Smiley  maybe right maybe wrong...

i still think QTgirlE3 has best hand though Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:07:32 PM by noble1 » Logged
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »

Just get it in ffs!

HI HELEN!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »

OK I pussyed out and folded QQ

QTegirl had AK utg had 99.

I woud have lost the race but should have got it in.

Moral of the story: Don't let the buy in intimidate your play (first time I've nitted up like this in a tourney)

I've also vowed to open fold QQ in future.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: