blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Wazz VEGAS YEAAAAAH blog inc health & fitness boring stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wazz VEGAS YEAAAAAH blog inc health & fitness boring stuff  (Read 22393 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »

Good to see the run good! Hope it continues, enjoying the diary.

I'm also a PLO player but hated the PLO games in Vegas and Macau. Maybe it's just me and not adapting well enough from 6-max and short handed but I hate the full ring games. Do you ever find this? It often feels like just nut peddling is best.

Interested about the poker chat with the young guy also. Don't you think it's bad to talk about that stuff at the table?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »

ALL I CAN SAY IS #WHENWILLITEND #LIFEOFWAZZ

Did you put a buy-back clause in your staking thread??? Cheesy
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »

Interested about the poker chat with the young guy also. Don't you think it's bad to talk about that stuff at the table?

I can't see how it is ever good to talk strategy at the table. Don't get the fish thinking about getting better and that there is more to the game than playing their cards faceup. Thankyouplease
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »

I'm also a PLO player but hated the PLO games in Vegas and Macau. Maybe it's just me and not adapting well enough from 6-max and short handed but I hate the full ring games. Do you ever find this? It often feels like just nut peddling is best.

live ldo ofc it's nut peddling. gl getting short handed action Sad

also talking about GT I mean really come on......

BRING BACK THE TASCHE
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »

live ldo ofc it's nut peddling. gl getting short handed action Sad

also talking about GT I mean really come on......

BRING BACK THE TASCHE

CASH FOR TASCHE

I only have half of a half a clue about GT/GTO and what it is and how to apply it, but all the pros/people mentioning it here and there recently has meant it is something that I feel I should learn about properly.

Not the same but a similar example; I remember when I very first started playing poker I didn't know what an "out" was but heard it mentioned a couple of times and went round tables on ladbrokes asking until someone told me
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »

We talked next to no actual strategy, but were talking theoretically about whether it's possible to build a perfect GTO bot.

Game theory thinking infuses the strategic thinking of the best of the best - particularly the maths guys who play HU high stakes NLHE - but it's basically useless outside of that realm. I agree that it's generally a bad thing still to be discussing at the table but we did stop and we were (at least I was) trying to talk relatively quietly. It does sorta put a mark on my head as a guy that knows what he's doing and that means I'm sometimes going to lose action but a lot of the time I'll only lose action against guys who game select well i.e. guys who don't provide me with particularly good value. When we're actually at the table I want people to fear me.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

think it's just utterly pointless to discuss something so high level infront of a table full of people.

it's live, we don't want GTO we want super animal exploitation mode.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »

Last night I ate lots of steak, drank lots of whiskey and had lots of sex. So far today I've hung out at the pool and been to the gym. I feel incredible. Time to hit the tables.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 11:46:30 PM »

lol, we more people being honest about when they ship in Vegas  Grin
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »

Somehow despite feeling invincible I lost today! My god, the table was ridiculous - never seen so many arguments between the table and the dealers / floor staff - one heinous woman, Karen, brought security round twice to make sure we paid our time charges on time! I mean... wow, the Rio, huh.

Caught a couple of hours sleep, off to play $5/10 @ the Aria for a few hours, back home ~ 9AM to sleep a healthy 7 hours before the $5k 6max PLO tomorrow.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »

$5/10 PLO became $10/20/40, that was fun. Broke even and then lost a little when I moved back to $5/10.

Woke up at ~ 3.30 for the 5pm start in the PLO $5k 6-max. Happy with my sleep timings. Made day 2 with 33k, average is i believe 48k, blinds coming back at 400/800. Gonna get a good sleep and a workout in tomorrow morning before we restart.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

Loving the PLO stories, sounds like u playing good gl 4 the rest of the series.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 04:12:22 AM »

Busto the $5k 6-max, 6 off the money, sigh, there were probably a couple of spots where I made small mistakes but I made a couple of great plays (imo) and overall played pretty well. Bustout hand was 9865hh vs AK72cc allin on a 742cc flop, hit the turn but a club came on the river.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:19 PM »

WTF is this place? Felt fine after busting the 6-max - realized later that I'd made a mistake on my bustout hand but nonetheless felt ok. Have not left my hotel room since I got back. There's just a sense of despondency that this place can give you... I'm still up on the trip but I feel.... so very isolated.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 08:18:50 PM »

WTF is this place? Felt fine after busting the 6-max - realized later that I'd made a mistake on my bustout hand but nonetheless felt ok. Have not left my hotel room since I got back. There's just a sense of despondency that this place can give you... I'm still up on the trip but I feel.... so very isolated.

Do you have friends out there you can go and see?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: