blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  In the Well with JP Kelly
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In the Well with JP Kelly  (Read 73423 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »

Perhaps my 'get a sense of humour' tablet isn't working today but I'm not finding this funny at all.

By all means have a 'what we would like to ask JP thats not about poker' thread on the lounge but to hijack it with utter rubbish is a bit pointless imo.

This is an opportunity to ask a WSOP bracelet winner about poker, his approach to the game, hints and tips etc etc. Big up to JP for humouring you guys but what a waste of his time.

Thanks for the answer JP.

You are not alone there Tracey - maybe "a lot of us" (well me, if it pleases folks do have a focus for their anger) have had the same sense of humour bypass. Tighty, for one, is devestated. He spent weeks teeing this up - it's really not easy to persuade some of the excellent In-The-Well subjects to come do it, & Rich has secured some superb faces to do this.

To be fair, everyone seems to be taking the same line, so maybe it's an age thing, & I fully accept to have that thrown at me, "fair cop Guv".

One thing I can guaranteee - there will not be any further "In-the-Well's".

I shall use my 2000th post to formally apologise as I am one of the main culprits here, or at least the most active on this thread. I got a bit caught up in the moment along with clearly too much time on my hands. I think a lot of the guys who have posted actually know JP which might explain how very few have stood on ceremony.  He is probably one of the most respected players in the UK, in live and online circles with a bracelet to boot, it shouldn't have gone off topic so quickly.

Don't get me wrong, the daft questions are just as important and that's the difference between a 'well' and a normal Q&A, its a chance to ask things that would never normally be asked, but this did escalate a bit too fast.

Sorry JP, Rich, Tikay and co - please don't get rid of the Wells.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »

Booooo, JP is a good lad that most of us know & respect. We also know that he has a sense of humour and can handle daft question and sensible ones, there will be more sensible ones than daft ones as we are all keen to listen to what he has to say. Would be boring if people just pounded him for hints, tips and strategies imo.

Would you like to do an Audit of that Vinni?

I'll have a count up when we are all done. I blame greekstein personally for setting the tone of the questioning. I'm gonna pm stu hopkin and order a kicking for him.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »

You're very young and have been very successful in a short space of time - what more do you want to achieve in poker and do you ever see a change of path?

What do you see yourself doing in 10 years time?  

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2009, 02:37:39 PM »

Booooo, JP is a good lad that most of us know & respect. We also know that he has a sense of humour and can handle daft question and sensible ones, there will be more sensible ones than daft ones as we are all keen to listen to what he has to say. Would be boring if people just pounded him for hints, tips and strategies imo.

Would you like to do an Audit of that Vinni?

I'll have a count up when we are all done. I blame greekstein personally for setting the tone of the questioning. I'm gonna pm stu hopkin and order a kicking for him.

This thread is more than 10 posts Vinny! You sure you can count that high?

@GreekStein on twitter.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »

you get to name a 10 man stt,

who would you most like to share a table with and for what buy in?

a)what  9 UK players?

b) what 9  rest of world players?

c) what 9  online players?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »

I shall use my 2000th post to formally apologise as I am one of the main culprits here...

...Sorry JP, Rich, Tikay and co - please don't get rid of the Wells.

I'm sure that all's well that ends well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »

I shall use my 2000th post to formally apologise as I am one of the main culprits here...

...Sorry JP, Rich, Tikay and co - please don't get rid of the Wells.

I'm sure that all's well that ends well.

instaban.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2009, 03:14:23 PM »

christ, i really think some people are taking this a little bit too seriously. Its being done in a nice fun spirit, JP can just swerve the bs he doesnt want to answer (from the wrestling geeks) and its a great opportunity for a bit of congratulatory banter (wp on wsop ship, gr8 achievement) plus some very generous knowledge sharing. Have to say i think there has been a bit of an age divide in a few of the recent threads, which is probably because the younguns are being a bit too flippant and self-indulgent, wheras the oldies are being slightly haughty. cmon, CHILL!

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »

Congrats on the bracelet -  Respect!

How much time do you spend off the table working on your game, and in as much detail as possible what kind of work does that involve??

Is there anything specifically you would advise a player trying to improve their game to spend more time doing away from the table ??

Thanks in advance

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »

JP - I clocked u in the £500 GUKPT last week @ Luton. What happened to u in that tourney? Any stories to share?

And good luck on your current travels!

Tighty - given the dissapproval of the previous random comments and questions, can these not be mod'ed out/deleted, to prevent future Well'ers being put off?

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2009, 03:17:58 PM »

well done dewi, see what you've done.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2009, 03:25:16 PM »

seriously though i dont at all get this, is the point of blonde not to have good threads?
There's a lot of funny banter and winding up on this thread and it makes it a funny/good thread imo, i think you lot are looking at it from the point of blonde business corp as opposed to blonde community forum.

sets a dangerous precedent if we have threads set up by blonde hierarchy that are only allowed to go the way the site wants it to, becomes a bit too controlling and people are gonna get the hump to it and not want to post.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »

I reckon the thread would have evolved anyways and gone serious after a couple more hours.

that might just be me though.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2009, 03:33:31 PM »

christ, i really think some people are taking this a little bit too seriously. Its being done in a nice fun spirit, JP can just swerve the bs he doesnt want to answer (from the wrestling geeks) and its a great opportunity for a bit of congratulatory banter (wp on wsop ship, gr8 achievement) plus some very generous knowledge sharing. Have to say i think there has been a bit of an age divide in a few of the recent threads, which is probably because the younguns are being a bit too flippant and self-indulgent, wheras the oldies are being slightly haughty. cmon, CHILL!

Good post. As far as I can see this JP guy has been very successful at the pokers. He has just landed in Hong Kong, tomorrow it's Thailand, then onto Macau. MBN. I would imagine his life's running pretty good right now...so he's not really gonna get offended by a who wins a race between a baby camel and a sausage dog type question. If anybody else gets asked to do the well they will be running similarly life hot and also wont be bothered by a bit of frivolity. It is perfectly fine to show respect and also have some fun. They are not independant of each other.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2009, 03:33:49 PM »

the younguns are being a bit too flippant and self-indulgent, wheras the oldies are being slightly haughty. cmon, CHILL!

So true.

Alex 'the rangemerger' Martin sits somewhere inbetween.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: