blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This forum is dying - discuss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This forum is dying - discuss  (Read 41260 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 12:50:39 PM »

+1 to missing Tom, though, he gave us great balance.

It swings & swongs, but the Post-Count is on the up.

I'd best try & find the y-o-y analysis I did recently.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »

It's an old debate, but I would imagine the diaries don't help.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »

The view-count suggests exactly the opposite.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »

I did an analysis 3 or 4 weeks ago, I'll try & find it, the Post Count this year is up around 20% year on year. (See "Forum Stats"). 

The "Views" count is harder to measure & compare, but appears to me to be up by 30% or so y-o-y.

As to the Members currently Posting not being interesting, I can't measure that. The quality of a Forum EXACTLY reflects what the Members put into it, no more, no less. It is what Members make it.     

Agree with the last bit, the first bit is nonsense of course..stats, blah blah blah

sola virtus nobilitat
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

Why do you think that? I think its exactly the opposite at the moment.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »

I did an analysis 3 or 4 weeks ago, I'll try & find it, the Post Count this year is up around 20% year on year. (See "Forum Stats"). 

The "Views" count is harder to measure & compare, but appears to me to be up by 30% or so y-o-y.

As to the Members currently Posting not being interesting, I can't measure that. The quality of a Forum EXACTLY reflects what the Members put into it, no more, no less. It is what Members make it.     

Agree with the last bit, the first bit is nonsense of course..stats, blah blah blah

Do an analysis that cuts out the outliers and it might tell you more about the success or moribundity of the place

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »

Do an analysis that cuts out the outliers and it might tell you more about the success or moribundity of the place

I get the point, I think, that the breadth of the place is narrower than previously and I agree with that

Not sure what the right word is but that breadth is "organic"(?) ie it can't be artificially created too much, its up to people actively posting to change it

If you want to discuss Women Bishops, as someone did this week, get a discussion going...multiply that by 20 and we have the breadth you seek (if I read you correctly)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »

It's just diaries, a single punting thread, sorry Fred and why is Herbie such a loser
take the kids to the pictures and come home to this you back stabbing tw@ts Smiley

Rob did offer to have my account closed when I spoke with him last weekend. I thought I was appreciated around here but guess not.

Right I'm off to sign upto Foxy bingo

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »

Where is Tom then?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »

Where is Tom then?

Just doing his thing, he is fine.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 02:13:02 PM »

Where is Tom then?
I saw him at Dtd a few weeks ago for £150 or he may have even been in a different comp.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »

I spoke to Nirvana about this a couple of weeks ago. I believe the tie in with DTD is what's holding Blonde back. I know its a double edged sword and that Blonde need the sponsorship but there is definitely too much censorship.

I love DTD and I love Blonde but I can't see Blonde getting the depth and breadth back while its neck is being throttled.

Ah! The element of surprise
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »

I spoke to Nirvana about this a couple of weeks ago. I believe the tie in with DTD is what's holding Blonde back. I know its a double edged sword and that Blonde need the sponsorship but there is definitely too much censorship.

I love DTD and I love Blonde but I can't see Blonde getting the depth and breadth back while its neck is being throttled.

agree with this.

whilst tips for tikay is obviously amazing, it kills the board for anybody who just wants to go and browse/chat about sports as so much to catch up on. LMS kinda shows this.

Similar with Honeybadger/Alex diary, people like to speak about topics, if there is a topic in a thread title its more inviting to post.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »

Think the actual Blonde Poker website needs sorting out, new people coming across an out of date homepage are very unlikely to even get to the forum so that wont help bring new members into the forum.
Been a lurker/memberof Blonde for along time now and still read pha/ diaries etc pretty much every day.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »

yeh my bookmark is blondepoker.com/forum, which I think should be the homepage. The actual homepage must get little or no use.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: