blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This forum is dying - discuss
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This forum is dying - discuss  (Read 41261 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2012, 11:18:13 PM »

Expecting flamming.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2012, 11:19:21 PM »

Expecting flamming.

You're a twat.

The older I get, the better I was.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »

I think it's far more likely people are put off posting because of Aaron than put off because of how he's treated.

Comments like this do nothing but prove the exact point some people are trying to explain, a pointless post, directing abuse indirectly at another member for no productive reason.

Also would much rather see Aaron's posts regardless of how correct they are than a load of "+1" or "fold pre" with no explanation.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:20:44 AM by Killerkilsby » Logged
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

must be something going wrong as i only got 4 entrants for my latest last man standing... unbelievable. http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59408.msg1669555#new

I think its more because there has been so many already this season, people just need some time off from parting with their hard earned.

Personally I didn't enter as there were less than 10 runners so I didn't think it would run, same with Rich I think.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »

I think it's far more likely people are put off posting because of Aaron than put off because of how he's treated.

Comments like this do nothing but prove the exact point some people are trying to explain, a pointless post, directing abuse indirectly at another member for no productive reason.

Also would much rather see Aaron's posts regardless of how correct they are than a load of "+1" or "fold pre" with no explanation.
i agree with this but have to be honest and say I probably started a lot of the abuse given to Aaron. He had a go at a mate on sadbook and I got the hump about it.
After talking to him its all cool and I don't like the way he gets treated but he handles it well. I love the way he takes different lines to everyone else, whether it be his sports betting, poker hand analysis, X factor or life in general.  Obv at times he comes across as being, the best word I can think of is, a cock but that is just a Yorkshireman in my opinion. There are loads of Yorkshire men who think they live in gods country and Leeds is Mecca but once you start to understand them and their sense of humour, then they are sound.
I actually like the fact that he is not ashamed to speak up and take different lines to other voices on the forum and I know there are plenty of people who want to ask the questions he does but don't want to be ridiculed.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »

i agree with this but have to be honest and say I probably started a lot of the abuse given to Aaron. He had a go at a mate on sadbook and I got the hump about it.
After talking to him its all cool and I don't like the way he gets treated but he handles it well. I love the way he takes different lines to everyone else, whether it be his sports betting, poker hand analysis, X factor or life in general.  Obv at times he comes across as being, the best word I can think of is, a cock but that is just a Yorkshireman in my opinion. There are loads of Yorkshire men who think they live in gods country and Leeds is Mecca but once you start to understand them and their sense of humour, then they are sound.
I actually like the fact that he is not ashamed to speak up and take different lines to other voices on the forum and I know there are plenty of people who want to ask the questions he does but don't want to be ridiculed.

Great post Herbie.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »

Not sure if serious ?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »

I don't like to admit it but Alex is 100% correct here. I do not read/respond to any of Aaron's posts now due to his earlier pearls of wisdom that just infuriated me. I can only assume there are many others.

I gave him the benefit of doubt a few times and tried to explain situations he asked about but those were ignored and he just posted off the wall stuff he knew nothing about. Fine ignored, don't listen or read what people actually post then, not a loss to me.

Forums, especially well established ones with what in essence has quite a few chosen experts in the forums topic don't generally take kindly to what is perceived by the majority as someone coming in and essentially talking "bollocks". The pattern on blonde is a new member is given a period of time to change their ways or they will get hounded out. Like it or not that's life and unlike actual real life bullying anyone can stop posting on any given forum and walk away. Blonde really does not suffer fools kindly, although not as severely as previously I can imagine (without reading the latest stuff on Poker Analysis board) it was not pleasant. for him. But is he not the creator of his own problem here?  can anyone not judge the tone of position people take on the forums and act/post to blend in as to not upset/flame others?

It would be like me going on to a car forum (of which i am clueless on) and giving my misguided opinions on any topic that takes my fancy, then not listening to peoples more informed responses or feedback and continuing to post away. It only makes people wish the forum has an ignore function.

Just ignore if you don't like Smiley

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:18:11 PM by Acidmouse » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »

I don't come onto a forum and follow a herd, I'm my own person and therefore if you don't like it, ignore it, I don't mind it Wink

I've created talking points in here, wrongly or rightly & like said, this is a forum, if we all had the same opinion, what would be the point? I don't sit here & say what I've said is right, but I'm proud of the fact that I can stand and speak my own word, rather than hide behind a silly clique.

Some of the "abuse" here has been OTT, but it won't stop me from having an opinion now, tomorrow or the next day.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet, but forum needs outspoken people, humour and the regulars for it to be successful.

We move onto the next day! Anyway, we need to direct this away from me, if you don't mind...

PS - Thank you Jason
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »

If I was banned from DTD because of comments I made on the forum, then these comments must be really out of line. Can I see them?

Surely I should have been banned from the forum too?

To be honest, I can swallow the DTD ban no problem. Not like I can pop in from Phuket but it's disappointing when mods like Tikay, Tighty and Celtic who I also considered friends never commented on the situation. Sometimes a few words go a long way.

Fraser, your post was unfair. Of my thousands of posts on this forum, very few were out of line or aggressive but I guess you still remember me questioning one of your staking posts and it's stayed in your head. Good luck to you anyway.

I will be honest I thought you was a real pain in the arse...for not just me but I can imagine most people (excluding your close fan boys) on the forums when you joined. Never seen someone so angry with everything, looking for fights right left and centre, basically a 3-4 man job to mod you. Always asking why this was not allowed, why this was deleted etc...i think its save to say everyone grew tiresome. You along with a small minority put people off posting anything meaningful for a long time. It dont take someone with a degree to realise you was gonna be banned from DtD for the slightest negative posting becasue frankly people had run out of patience with your constant niggles.

I am happy this changed when you went off on your jolly abroad and realised there was more to life than arguing with mods on a forum. You for me turned it around 100% and became a nice person who posted some cracking stuff on your trips. I see you still have some illusion of your importance on the forums history, sadly an illusion fanned by a few lost souls who are yet to see the light, but i guess we cant have everything.

For me, the year or two when all we got was crap arguments and pushing the mods daily was a dark period, maybe it generated more traffic but apart from the shareholders who cares about that? We have now baring a well established troll and a newer rather dumb one a relatively peacful, respectful forum.

May it continue.

(i know i might get flammed for this but i know for a fact, its what people really think..)

I don't like to admit it but Alex is 100% correct here. I do not read/respond to any of Aaron's posts now due to his earlier pearls of wisdom that just infuriated me. I can only assume there are many others.

I gave him the benefit of doubt a few times and tried to explain situations he asked about but those were ignored and he just posted off the wall stuff he knew nothing about. Fine ignored, don't listen or read what people actually post then, not a loss to me.

Forums, especially well established ones with what in essence has quite a few chosen experts in the forums topic don't generally take kindly to what is perceived by the majority as someone coming in and essentially talking "bollocks". The pattern on blonde is a new member is given a period of time to change their ways or they will get hounded out. Like it or not that's life and unlike actual real life bullying anyone can stop posting on any given forum and walk away. Blonde really does not suffer fools kindly, although not as severely as previously I can imagine (without reading the latest stuff on Poker Analysis board) it was not pleasant. for him. But is he not the creator of his own problem here?  can anyone not judge the tone of position people take on the forums and act/post to blend in as to not upset/flame others?

It would be like me going on to a car forum (of which i am clueless on) and giving my misguided opinions on any topic that takes my fancy, then not listening to peoples more informed responses or feedback and continuing to post away. It only makes people wish the forum has an ignore function.

Yo Acidmouse, I am confused.

Your first post describes blondepoker as a respectful and peaceful forum, mostly without trolling, and you hope that continues. Yet in the same post you yourself troll multiple members. You call one a real pain in the arse, one a dumb troll, one an established troll, and numerous other members fan boys. In fact I would say your first post contains more trolling and condescending words than any other in the thread. So kinda confused by that.

Your second post which follows on from the hopes for a peaceful forum post is just flaming, saying this aaron talks bollocks and Blonde isn't prepared to suffer fools. I'm confused here because it appears you don't like or want trolling unless you personally don't like the member and then trolling is ok. In fact you troll to a quite a high standard, that Greekstein illusion of importance fanned by lost souls stuff was rather artistic and well-written.

And what is this? Blonde give people time to change their ways or they get hounded out if they talk bollocks? Who is this Blonde you talk about? Is there some Blonde panel you sit on who select candidates to be hounded out? Or is it just your personal opinion? My opinion is a forum needs entertaining posters, aaron1867 is an entertaining poster, and it is you who is talking bollocks. So do you get hounded out now?

And finally all these comments about aaron1867 mean you are ignoring your own advice about 'just ignore it if you don't like it'. So yeah confused, prob a level or whoosh or something.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2012, 05:10:12 PM »

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »

I don't come onto a forum and follow a herd, I'm my own person and therefore if you don't like it, ignore it, I don't mind it Wink

I've created talking points in here, wrongly or rightly & like said, this is a forum, if we all had the same opinion, what would be the point? I don't sit here & say what I've said is right, but I'm proud of the fact that I can stand and speak my own word, rather than hide behind a silly clique.

Some of the "abuse" here has been OTT, but it won't stop me from having an opinion now, tomorrow or the next day.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet, but forum needs outspoken people, humour and the regulars for it to be successful.

We move onto the next day! Anyway, we need to direct this away from me, if you don't mind...

PS - Thank you Jason

You walk into a pub, shout your mouth off, shout down all the locals & then proclaim "I'm proud of the fact that I can stand and speak my own word, rather than hide behind a silly clique", see how that works for you.

Of course having an independent mind is an good thing, but there's independent & then there's arrogant. The clichéd use of 'they don't agree with me, they're a clique' suggests you may have crossed that line.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »

If I was banned from DTD because of comments I made on the forum, then these comments must be really out of line. Can I see them?

Surely I should have been banned from the forum too?

To be honest, I can swallow the DTD ban no problem. Not like I can pop in from Phuket but it's disappointing when mods like Tikay, Tighty and Celtic who I also considered friends never commented on the situation. Sometimes a few words go a long way.

Fraser, your post was unfair. Of my thousands of posts on this forum, very few were out of line or aggressive but I guess you still remember me questioning one of your staking posts and it's stayed in your head. Good luck to you anyway.

I will be honest I thought you was a real pain in the arse...for not just me but I can imagine most people (excluding your close fan boys) on the forums when you joined. Never seen someone so angry with everything, looking for fights right left and centre, basically a 3-4 man job to mod you. Always asking why this was not allowed, why this was deleted etc...i think its save to say everyone grew tiresome. You along with a small minority put people off posting anything meaningful for a long time. It dont take someone with a degree to realise you was gonna be banned from DtD for the slightest negative posting becasue frankly people had run out of patience with your constant niggles.

I am happy this changed when you went off on your jolly abroad and realised there was more to life than arguing with mods on a forum. You for me turned it around 100% and became a nice person who posted some cracking stuff on your trips. I see you still have some illusion of your importance on the forums history, sadly an illusion fanned by a few lost souls who are yet to see the light, but i guess we cant have everything.

For me, the year or two when all we got was crap arguments and pushing the mods daily was a dark period, maybe it generated more traffic but apart from the shareholders who cares about that? We have now baring a well established troll and a newer rather dumb one a relatively peacful, respectful forum.

May it continue.

(i know i might get flammed for this but i know for a fact, its what people really think..)

Forums, especially well established ones with what in essence has quite a few chosen experts in the forums topic don't generally take kindly to what is perceived by the majority as someone coming in and essentially talking "bollocks". The pattern on blonde is a new member is given a period of time to change their ways or they will get hounded out. Like it or not that's life and unlike actual real life bullying anyone can stop posting on any given forum and walk away. Blonde really does not suffer fools kindly, although not as severely as previously I can imagine (without reading the latest stuff on Poker Analysis board) it was not pleasant. for him. But is he not the creator of his own problem here?  can anyone not judge the tone of position people take on the forums and act/post to blend in as to not upset/flame others?

Yo Acidmouse, I am confused.

Your first post describes blondepoker as a respectful and peaceful forum, mostly without trolling, and you hope that continues. Yet in the same post you yourself troll multiple members. You call one a real pain in the arse, one a dumb troll, one an established troll, and numerous other members fan boys. In fact I would say your first post contains more trolling and condescending words than any other in the thread. So kinda confused by that.

Your second post which follows on from the hopes for a peaceful forum post is just flaming, saying this aaron talks bollocks and Blonde isn't prepared to suffer fools. I'm confused here because it appears you don't like or want trolling unless you personally don't like the member and then trolling is ok. In fact you troll to a quite a high standard, that Greekstein illusion of importance fanned by losWesouls stuff was rather artistic and well-written.

And what is this? Blonde give people time to change their ways or they get hounded out if they talk bollocks? Who is this Blonde you talk about? Is there some Blonde panel you sit on who select candidates to be hounded out? Or is it just your personal opinion? My opinion is a forum needs entertaining posters, aaron1867 is an entertaining poster, and it is you who is talking bollocks. So do you get hounded out now?

And finally all these comments about aaron1867 mean you are ignoring your own advice about 'just ignore it if you don't like it'. So yeah confused, prob a level or whoosh or something.

Yeah my Aaron post was naughty but tbh he posted exactly the response I wanted.  Ignoring the points I made.  I ain't perfect Wink but in general I don't see much hassle on the forums these days, to me a good thing.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »

I'm not ignoring on purpose, just want thread to stop being directed at me.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »

PS - Thank you Jason

You walk into a pub, shout your mouth off, shout down all the locals & then proclaim "I'm proud of the fact that I can stand and speak my own word, rather than hide behind a silly clique", see how that works for you.

Of course having an independent mind is an good thing, but there's independent & then there's arrogant. The clichéd use of 'they don't agree with me, they're a clique' suggests you may have crossed that line.

Good post. Do you agree Aaron?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: