blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:24:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272654 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 103407 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »

I will be amazed if Sherwood gets the job

If he does i will be even more amazed if he betters your position this season

Why? Don't understand the hatred. He is their most successful youth team manager ever, and has a good win ratio with limited experience full of a team of players who do not want to play for him.

Our CEO used to be Spurs's CEO too.

Let's go british, 1 in 10 managers in last 10 years have been foreign (excluding irish) and only ever ONE has got promoted to the Prem (Di Matteo).

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »

Anthony Gardner seems to think our budget is only going to get smaller, so see another year full of nothing.

Glad to see Brighton not going anywhere, be a shame to see a fickle club like Brighton in the top flight.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2014, 01:47:01 PM »

Anthony Gardner seems to think our budget is only going to get smaller, so see another year full of nothing.

Once Mandaric finds the right buyer, then investment will flow. Exactly as it did when the last club he sold. Until then its stay up and hold station

Glad to see Brighton not going anywhere, be a shame to see a fickle club like Brighton in the top flight.

lol. plonker, nothing wrong with Brighton. Good club, well supported, great ground, going places

right appointment here and they should be thereabouts next year.

think Wigan win the division next season

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 16, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »

It's the footballforums.net famous troll.

Why exactly are we 'fickle'? When have we changed our loyalties? If anything you are fickle. Shit team, shit attendances, yet once had good attendances when you were good many many years ago.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 16, 2014, 02:59:20 PM »

Brighton was only a few years ago playing in front of 3-4,000 each week. Yes I appreciate it you could not get many more, but you was never taking a potentially huge away support to other grounds whilst you sat in such an awful football ground.

Now you have a brand spanking new stadium and you fill out, yet whilst in the race for the play-offs you can not even take a thousand to away matches.

I doubt you would even fill your stadium in a different situation to be quite honest.

As for us, we have never had huge attendances, I can';t remember in my lifetime even the Premier League days where we have averaged 30,000+. However we still get 20,000+ each week and go and support the team rain or shine in whatever location we go.

I really don't think you have a set of fans that deserve to see Premier League football. Genuinely hate to see a club like Brighton in the Premier League, imo. It's not just Brighton though btw, other clubs too.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 16, 2014, 03:52:01 PM »

Brighton was only a few years ago playing in front of 3-4,000 each week. Yes I appreciate it you could not get many more, but you was never taking a potentially huge away support to other grounds whilst you sat in such an awful football ground.

Now you have a brand spanking new stadium and you fill out, yet whilst in the race for the play-offs you can not even take a thousand to away matches.

I doubt you would even fill your stadium in a different situation to be quite honest.

As for us, we have never had huge attendances, I can';t remember in my lifetime even the Premier League days where we have averaged 30,000+. However we still get 20,000+ each week and go and support the team rain or shine in whatever location we go.

I really don't think you have a set of fans that deserve to see Premier League football. Genuinely hate to see a club like Brighton in the Premier League, imo. It's not just Brighton though btw, other clubs too.

Weird, weird argument. Luckily no one else lives in your obscure world.

You do realise we have the second furthest to travel on average in the league, yet always average top 7 away averages?

Anyway, we all know Sheffield Wednesday are only going downwards, while clubs like us who do not deserve premiership football are only ever going upwards Smiley

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 16, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »

You do realise we have the second furthest to travel on average in the league, yet always average top 7 away averages?

Anyway, we all know Sheffield Wednesday are only going downwards, while clubs like us who do not deserve premiership football are only ever going upwards Smiley

You are excusing it by distance.

Highest bums to seat ratio, but pitiful away following.

As for Wednesday we are not going downwards.

We have improved last 3 seasons.
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 16, 2014, 04:13:25 PM »

You brought 755 fans to the Amex.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 16, 2014, 04:15:21 PM »

You brought 755 fans to the Amex.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 16, 2014, 04:20:01 PM »

The Brighton game was a 7.45pm kick-off on a Tuesday/Wednesday.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 16, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »

The Brighton game was a 7.45pm kick-off on a Tuesday/Wednesday.

Tuesday Brighton 1-0 Leeds Att 27,700 Aways 1,960

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 18, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »

For balance, I just checked away attendances in Championship for 12/13

Brighton average 1,378
Wednesday average 2,513 (second highest in league)

Leeds were top 2,878

Good luck to Brighton, a team on the up and having a go at promotion. Think they lost £14.7m last year though - not sure how long they can carry on doing that.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 18, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »

I would add that Wednesday's attendances usually in top 6 for home support and top 3 for away support in the Championship should be viewed against a back drop of a horrendous last 15 years where the club has seen no real investment and floundered around in the lower levels of the Championship and League One.

There are not many clubs in the country that would see that level of support after such a sustained period of failure and football which has been an embarrassment to watch over almost all that period.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 18, 2014, 01:35:04 PM »

I believe the vast majority of that loss figure was due to the purchase of land and building costs for Brighton's new training ground. Bloom is obviously a massive shrewdie and got that loss out of the way before the FFP really could do any damage.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:44 PM »

yes a shrewdie but for FFP spending on training facilities, academy, stadium etc offsets any overspend on wages, so the more you pump into the long term future of the club it credits against any wage overspend relative to revenue

in this case the brighton loss is a complete red herring

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: