blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6360 6361 6362 6363 [6364] 6365 6366 6367 6368 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13469429 times)
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #95445 on: February 25, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »

Yes we have bookmaker affiliate deals, how exactly do you think they might work? You try to make it sound like we are doing something wrong, and we aren't. I'll answer your posts in the dedicated BE thread separately in more detail regarding this. Maybe you never worked for a bookmaker or a poker site...

Why don't you answer this here?

Betting exchange and poker affiliate deals give the affiliate a % of rake and it is in the interests of the affiliate have his customers win as they will keep generating rake.  Bookmaking affiliates (in general) make money only when their customers lose.

(Just saying)

I didn't want to repeat myself and the questions were asked in the other thread. I felt the answer fitted better there. As you request, I'll post that here too.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60211.765

------------------------------
Quote from: bobby1 on February 24, 2015, 02:38:56 PM
Quote from: TightEnd on February 24, 2015, 01:20:48 PM
the message reads

"If you've had your Sportingbet account restricted in the past we may be able to get you back in action there. Email support@bettingemporium.com"

worth a shot/nothing to lose

Prepare to be given a list of things you can't do, like bet on horses in the morning, bet ew in races they don't like and can only bet to win a pretty small amount.

Of course there is also the option of opening a new account using the affiliate link that BE have with a Sportingbet. Where when you lose they win, so it makes a difference to them if you can get more on. Do people that get re activated with Sporting Bet  by BE get moved on to the BE affiliate deal upon reactivation Rich?

--------------------

Phil,

What's it got to do with you and why do you care?

Yes we have various affiliation deals with bookmakers. Yes our business makes money from those affiliations. Some are based on profits and some on turn over or CPA. There is nothing at all wrong with that - it's all pretty standard. The deal we have affects the punter in no way whatsoever. The only difference or benefit a punter may have through signing up through BE is that we have some offers that are not generally available and often more importantly we have great relations in the industry that can help sometimes.

If our members only bet on our suggested selections they would win. It's that simple and we would be very happy if that was all they did. Betting £10 a point on all bets is showing a profit of over £13,000 (an average bet would be about £150 or 15 points). Do you think that our members should not be entitled to use their accounts how they wish? Should they have other bets that lose we may earn from our affiliation. We are running a business and we make no apology for that. It's one of the ways that we make money running our business. Or do you not think that people should run businesses? We are running a business that employs staff and pays taxes. Do you think we should do all the work we do and all the energy we spend on running it for free or something?

With regards to Sportingbet. They are aware that a number of accounts in the past have been heavily restricted. They also know that we are aware of a lot of these and a lot of BE members are restricted. Yes there may be certain rules that accounts have to follow to get unrestricted such as not always backing horses in the morning or night before that shorten or not line tracking on Oddschecker. If by agreeing to things like that you can get your account unrestricted so you can use it then great. It you don't want to agree to that then that is your loss. We have succeeded in getting a number of accounts unrestricted already and have many happy punters. Some have even thanked us for helping them to understand why accounts get restricted and what bookmakers look for.

Fair play is better than no play.

I'm a bit confused. Do you think that everyone should be able to bet on anything for any amount at any time of the night or day? You seem disappointed that you can't and you seem to be criticising us as a result. Do you think you could have a word with your bosses at Bet365 to get my 0.1% account unrestricted please?

So take your cynicism elsewhere Mr Quayle. I would have thought someone who had been in the industry working for high profile bookmakers would know better. Or are you just having another snipe at BE and our business?

Adz, If your account is restricted as you say then you wouldn't have been able to get the £50 ew without contacting @sportingbetruss on Twitter first. If you would like your account looked at we can get that sorted out for you. We have a good success rate but it's not 100%, some accounts are unsalvageable and we'll explain details if you email us. Please email full name and username to support@bettingemporium.com and we'll see if we can help.

With regards to the Cheltenham Preview night, yes Sportingbet and Sky will be doing special offers and enhanced prices for attendees. Why not come along and meet the people involved? You might just learn something, have some fun, and get a decent bet at the same time.

Evening all.

Interesting day it seems!

Joe. Lets be clear, I didn't try to put £50 ew, it was a tiny £5 ew on Jezki(Neils ew suggestion), 3rd favourite in the Champion Hurdle, and I was restricted to £4 ew. I tried this purely to test the claims of RW and Sportingbet when advertising  BE evening(It wasn't even the best price in the village ffs).

By 7th March I guarantee I will be all researched/preview evening'd out, and the real draw of the evening was potentially getting some innovative markets and some lumps on potential ricks made on the night.

I didn't want to travel from the Cotswolds to London, the weekend before the festival, without testing the claim. It was hollow.

Not sure what else I can say. There are bigger firms happy to take my bets, even as a winning punter, and tbh, SB are rarely top, or near it, on anything I wish to back. Its no loss.(the wife still has an account, but I cant see her wanting to go to a preview evening just to get me a tenner on!! ).

I don't do the twitter thing, so had no idea I should have gone direct to RW, but again, being honest, I don't feel I should be asking a bookmaker to take £5 ew on a horse, in the Champion Hurdle, regardless of the amount I really wanted. They don't seem much of a bookie. As I said, I only wanted to test the claims. I have even posted the link which has BE all over it, so please, don't cop out and call me a hater for daring to raise the issue!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ui57TcZFu4

I also don't see the need to open an affiliate account where if I lose, it feels like I am losing the bet and also putting a percentage(no matter how small) in someone elses pocket. Feels like a double loss to me. I also don't fancy anyone else knowing my betting history, which I somewhat forfeit if an affiliate gets paid on my losers.

Just voicing a simple concern that if promises are being made about, what is one of the most expensive Preview Evenings on the curcuit this year, then it should at least live up to the hype.

I'm sure it will be very entertaining, and I am sure it will go very well for you, but the mantra I have read on BE is that its for serious punters. If you are going to align yourself with a bookie, then you deserve for it to be a serious bookie!

If. I lose at the bookies I'd much rather Joe and Neil get a bit as opposed to the bookie getting the lot. It doesn't cost me anything. I thought the bookies were the enemy ?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #95446 on: February 25, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »

Each to their own sonour. But if I have paid someone to tip me winners, and then when I lose they get a share of it, it doesn't sit too well with me.

If the info was free....different kettle of fish

Emotive subject huh?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #95447 on: February 25, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »

Each to their own sonour. But if I have paid someone to tip me winners, and then when I lose they get a share of it, it doesn't sit too well with me.

Emotive subject huh?!

Yes, but interesting and entertaining. I can't understand people who stop posting on Blonde because there are a few squabbles.
Though I totally understand people who get attacked who stop posting.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #95448 on: February 25, 2015, 09:54:18 PM »

Emotive subject huh?!

Yes, but interesting and entertaining. I can't understand people who stop posting on Blonde because there are a few squabbles.
Though I totally understand people who get attacked who stop posting.

Yeah, but I soon dust myself down, and keep coming back!

#badpenny Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #95449 on: February 25, 2015, 09:55:54 PM »

Someone once posted that my tips were so bad they should only be put on a different thread. But I am still here !!

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #95450 on: February 25, 2015, 10:41:57 PM »

Some folk just don't get the internet.  Its not 2000 anymore. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95451 on: February 25, 2015, 10:45:21 PM »

I was still on CM2 then...

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #95452 on: February 25, 2015, 10:51:41 PM »

CM94 when Domark made it and it was on the Amiga was the muts nutz. 

Remember there were 2 boys who played for Cambridge in the game that were game developers who were cheats when you got them in your team. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95453 on: February 25, 2015, 11:19:26 PM »

CM94 when Domark made it and it was on the Amiga was the muts nutz. 

Remember there were 2 boys who played for Cambridge in the game that were game developers who were cheats when you got them in your team. 

I remember Rob Taylor was really good on CM2 97-98, and there were a few others, too.

I actually had it on an emulator on my last desktop Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #95454 on: February 25, 2015, 11:58:36 PM »

FML Monaco look like doing the double tonight.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #95455 on: February 26, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »

Someone once posted that my tips were so bad they should only be put on a different thread. But I am still here !!

hmmm that was me and I believe it was cos you had a mad idea rather than your normal tennis and rugby goodies, but at least you've got over it lol

hector's harpoons I think I suggested
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #95456 on: February 26, 2015, 12:42:22 AM »

The European super team Arsenal tonight are the same price as what they are vs Everton in a weeks time, both games at home.
Are Monaco that bad? Never watched them but just looking at both prices, seems ridiculous.

Thoughts?

Mighty Monaco!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95457 on: February 26, 2015, 02:16:11 AM »

The European super team Arsenal tonight are the same price as what they are vs Everton in a weeks time, both games at home.
Are Monaco that bad? Never watched them but just looking at both prices, seems ridiculous.

Thoughts?

Mighty Monaco!

Marv, missed this :/

Well done again mate!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #95458 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »

http://www.ladbrokesplc.com/~/media/Files/L/Ladbrokes-V2/Press-releases/2015-02-26-pr.pdf

Lolbrokes annual results summary.  You really have to laugh at how bad Lolbrokes are but how much they try to delude themselves they have turned a corner.  In a world cup year where all the firms had it right off (Ladbrokes made £28m on the world cup at a 24.3% clip) they are still trying to blame their bad annual results on losing £8m on boxing day on football.  You were probably £8m ahead of ev on the world cup lads so it balances out over the year.

At the same time their machine revenue is reported to be up to £996 per machine per week in the final quarter of 2014 (gross win per shop up 10% on the machines alone even though their overall profits are down and the machines make up a huge % of their total profitability).  Assume 2100 shops and 4 machines per shop the annual machine gross profit is roughly £450m alone.  Obviously exs/tax to come off of these but it does show that without the machines Ladbrokes is pretty much worthless.  Ladbrokes market cap is currently £1.1bn which is less than 2.5 years machine gross earnings.  

Yet they still have shocking overall results. Just shows how badly run the rest of their business is. In the three page summary there is literally no mention of horse racing at any point. They must be praying for a Tory Govt to maintain the machines as they are for the next 5 years otherwise it could be curtains for lolbrokes.  The CEO really must wonder how he has stayed in charge on his multi million pound salary for the full length of his multi year contract prior to his departure this year.  

Anyone fancy clubbing together £1.1bn to buy Lolbrokes and just run the machines into the ground for 5/10 years (we should get minimum of 5 more years now Labour majority is a 20/1 shot), close down the rest of the business in total because it is all about the machines now anyway and after 3 years we will be freerolling the profits!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:30:58 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #95459 on: February 26, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »

these parts of the account notes were funny as well.

'This has helped off-set the ongoing decline in traditional products, in particular horse racing where we saw a continued reduction in customer interest throughout the year.'  Why don't they replace it with the truth - 'we don't like laying horse racing bets now of any size because it is too hard to win on horses even though there is sufficient customer demand to place bets we choose not to accept them'

'Greyhound tracks account for £11.7m of amounts staked and £7.6m of gross win in 2014 (2013: £11.5m amounts staked and £7.4m gross win)' - I assume their incredible hold % at the two betting shops at their 2 greyhound tracks is more to do with customers placing bets there and collecting them elsewhere otherwise they need more shops at dog tracks if it that easy to have a 65% profit on stakes!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:48:44 AM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6360 6361 6362 6363 [6364] 6365 6366 6367 6368 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: