blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scotland v England
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scotland v England  (Read 8422 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2014, 11:42:22 AM »

If Sky hadn't bankrolled the EPL our national team would be far better

would be far less overseas players, far more more domestic players getting into starting line ups and the champions league and more of our top players would have gone to play abroad, helping them to become world class

--

the result of this game would have been different if it had been a) a competitive fixture such as a major event qualifier b) played before the Ireland game as a warm up

As it was England won comfortably as Scotland's terrific result againt Ireland took a lot out of the team
the man speaks sense

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »

Wor Hadrian had the right idea.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »

Wor Hadrian had the right idea.
yeah build a wall stop you guys robbing us blind

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2014, 12:47:35 PM »

Hmmm, not sure if many of these posts are trying to level Iron. 

England deserved to win no doubt but it was hardly emphatic.  That was England at their best imo, they don't get much better as has been seen in the last number of major tournaments they have been in. 

The entitlement that runs through many England fans is astonishing.  You have the most over hyped leage in the world, your best players aren't that great.  I generally can't recall the last world class player who was home grown who actually achieved anything, Becks perhaps? 

At least we Scots know we're shit and accept it.  But if there was a fair split of the revenues going into Scotland/Wales/NI leagues and Sky hadn't bankrolled the EPL things would be far dfferent. 

I don't think are any good at all. Worst england team I can remember. But this awful england team still made light work of Scotland.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »

England deserved to win no doubt but it was hardly emphatic.  That was England at their best imo, they don't get much better as has been seen in the last number of major tournaments they have been in. 

The entitlement that runs through many England fans is astonishing.  You have the most over hyped leage in the world, your best players aren't that great.  I generally can't recall the last world class player who was home grown who actually achieved anything, Becks perhaps? 

At least we Scots know we're shit and accept it.  But if there was a fair split of the revenues going into Scotland/Wales/NI leagues and Sky hadn't bankrolled the EPL things would be far dfferent. 

I don't think are any good at all. Worst england team I can remember. But this awful england team still made light work of Scotland.

I wouldn't say it was light work.  Best team on night won though. 

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »

How old are you George?

Graham Taylor picked;

Flowers,
Earl Barrett
Tony Dorigo
Pallister
Andy Sinton
Carlton Palmer
Ripley
Nigel Clough
Alan Smith

They were dark days indeed.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »

How old are you George?

Graham Taylor picked;

Flowers,
Earl Barrett
Tony Dorigo
Pallister
Andy Sinton
Carlton Palmer
Ripley
Nigel Clough
Alan Smith

amazing looking back at some of the characters who won england caps!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »

Taylor made some strange picks, but I don't remember that team being so bad.  The match where we lost 2-0 to Holland to fail to qualify for the world cup I remember us playing really well till we went behind.  Mind you I've just remembered how bad we were losing 2-0 to Norway. 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »

How old are you George?

Graham Taylor picked;

Flowers,
Earl Barrett
Tony Dorigo
Pallister
Andy Sinton
Carlton Palmer
Ripley
Nigel Clough
Alan Smith

How dare you include Andy Sinton in that list.

The tricky wing wizard deserved to win 75 caps.

(In my opinion)

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 04:56:54 PM »

How old are you George?

Graham Taylor picked;

Flowers,
Earl Barrett
Tony Dorigo
Pallister
Andy Sinton
Carlton Palmer
Ripley
Nigel Clough
Alan Smith

How dare you include Andy Sinton in that list.

The tricky wing wizard deserved to win 75 caps.

(In my opinion)

Carlton Palmer though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 05:04:01 PM »

Nigel Clough hardly proves your thesis about Taylor tbh

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »

Sinton was one of my favourite players as a youngster.  Remember that QPR team well - Sinton, Big Les, Bardsley, Clive Wilson, Wilkins, Holloway, Barker.  Nice team to watch.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »

Tim Flowers was a decent goalkeeper for the majority of the times, sure he had some howlers but most keepers throw in a wobbler now and then.  

Tony Dorrigo was a good left back, Pallister in is prime was a decent centre half the problem was the partnership imo at international level.  Ripley was decent from what I remember I'd suggest England never really played to hs strengths.  
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »

How old are you George?

Graham Taylor picked;

Flowers,
Earl Barrett
Tony Dorigo
Pallister
Andy Sinton
Carlton Palmer
Ripley
Nigel Clough
Alan Smith

Interesting choice of players. Some pretty good IMO.

No doubt we will be able to look back at Hodgson's time and do the same thing. Amazing stat I heard the other night was that 60 players have won caps in his 2 1/2 years at the helm. Most are still playing in the Premier League.

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/teammgr/Mgr_HodgsonPlyrsApps.html
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »

Sinton was one of my favourite players as a youngster.  Remember that QPR team well - Sinton, Big Les, Bardsley, Clive Wilson, Wilkins, Holloway, Barker.  Nice team to watch.

Wilson was fantastic. A Rolls Royce of a player.

Unruffled, never gave the ball away, quick and intelligent.

And never missed penalties.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: