blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:04:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Playing into a paired board
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing into a paired board  (Read 3526 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 05:36:01 AM »

Great to see the Pro posting in this forum on hand analysis 

Ta

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
DTM488

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 09:49:39 PM »

I remember Rob Holinck (that bloke from Holland anyway) fooling Brandon Schafer at a final table on the EPT.

Flop was 77T RH moved all in (at the time they were virtually fifty fifty) holding A7

Mr Schafer had a T and called and then lost.  If you are up againt a 'solid' player and it is heads up I would be tempted to trick my opposition like that.  Even he passes you have at least taken the pot and the other player thinks he has been bluffed off the pot, which could set you up nicely to cash in on some tilting later in the game.

When Tony G is on it aint worth watching
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 12:11:55 AM »

I find that leading out with the 7 on the 77j flop is the best play. Many players will call with their jack. Some will call to represent the 7 later because they dont think you have it because you have bet.

If you check call the alarm bells start sounding off anyway so I always like to bet out first.

I think DC won a good pot in a tourny last year by betting his 10's on the button which looked for all the money like a bluff. If you are there Dave, do you remember this hand?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 09:18:39 PM »

An interesting example from CinCin's live £100 rebuy:

I raised to 3*BB with QQ in first position with blinds at 25/50 (stacks 6000), and got two callers - including Rob Yong in the small blind (who was taking the mick of the small size of the raise).  Flop came Q Q 6.  How could I possibly get paid on that flop?  Rob Yong checked and I decided I had to bet out and hope Rob would make a move on me.  The other guy folded and Rob called. Rob bet 500 on the turn and I pondered for a bit before calling.  River came and Rob bet 2500, I could barely contain myself and moved all in causing an instant fold.  I showed my queens and he was laughing about it saying he was trying to represent a queen.

I think betting out is nearly always the best play, especially against aggressive players.
mystery721
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 03:26:15 AM »

i lead out with trips probably 80% of the time,
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: