blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272666 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Avoidable or C'est La Vie?
Poll
Question: Could I have escaped or is that just poker?
Avoidable - 5 (16.7%)
C'est La Vie - 25 (83.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avoidable or C'est La Vie?  (Read 3796 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »

I knew he had the aces,  I had a feeling in my gut, but I just couldn't stop myself from moving all-in.

My heart said fold, whilst my brain said, 'He could have queens or jacks.'

i know that feeling  Cheesy
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 01:37:27 PM »

just an hour ago i was deep in an online multi and had the same coup against the chip daddy. - he raises, i re-raise all-in, he calls. - c'est la f***ing vie.  difficult to get away from especially when the chip average has only 10 BB's!  In a cash game its different but still largely unavoidable (you could have re-popped him preflop then if he goes all-in you can fold).

Is that the same comp you busted me in?!?!?

When you got 'lucky' with AK to crack my AQ, lol

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »

just an hour ago i was deep in an online multi and had the same coup against the chip daddy. - he raises, i re-raise all-in, he calls. - c'est la f***ing vie.  difficult to get away from especially when the chip average has only 10 BB's!  In a cash game its different but still largely unavoidable (you could have re-popped him preflop then if he goes all-in you can fold).

Is that the same comp you busted me in?!?!?

When you got 'lucky' with AK to crack my AQ, lol
yes!, you fish! - wtf was that with AQ!! - you should know by now i don't bluff!

I went up to 16K shortly after disposing of you and then lost with my KK vs A-J, which he played like AA preflop, that left me on 3k (4BB's) i then worked my way back up to 15K and had the AA vs KK coup. - OUT! 14th
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 02:09:42 PM »

The AQ was a bit tragic, i was getting 2-1 and fancied u could be JJ-TT and fancied 2-1 was enough to call. I couldnt raise fold again my image was shot to shit. Factor in i would have to post BB and SB next 2 hands. If i folded i would be on 4k about to post 1/4 of my stack!

Gamboooooool

There is not much room for play in those comps unless you have lots of chips.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

The AQ was a bit tragic, i was getting 2-1 and fancied u could be JJ-TT and fancied 2-1 was enough to call. I couldnt raise fold again my image was shot to shit. Factor in i would have to post BB and SB next 2 hands. If i folded i would be on 4k about to post 1/4 of my stack!

Gamboooooool

There is not much room for play in those comps unless you have lots of chips.
agreed!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 02:17:10 AM »

It is only avoidable it he is the rockiest of rocks and you have that read on him. Then you can pop him back pre flop and then fold to the all in which is still an amazing lay down but if you think he only does that with aces, then you lay it down. Im voting unavoidable cos you haven't made that read and its impossible to tell once he hasn't re raised pre flop.
way_too_tight

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »

Hi snoopy,

I think I'd have to go with avoidable in this particular situation. I guess the reads / image will make the difference here though.

Unless you or he appear to have been playing aggressive recently then I think we can presume that :

You open raise UTG+1 (or in very early position), thereby stating - I have a big hand and it's so big I don't mind playing it out of position in a raised pot.

Everyone folds to your opponent who raises your obvious big hand, suggesting one of :

a) He's got a pair and doesn't believe you're on a big pair.
b) He's got a big pair too and wants to know if you've got him beat or not
c) He thinks you're full of it and is making a move on you
d) He's got aces and wants to build a pot
e) He's got an AK type hand (I wouldn't raise, but then he's not me)

If you raise him back here then he's likely to fold or call with A, depending on the size of the raise - and frankly either is good for you. Hard to say what he'll do with JJ on up, I suspect that pushing is unlikely with worse than KK. He'll fold if he's making a move, probably call you with AK and (hopefully) push it all-in with AA.

This isn't always going to work, of course, but if you re-raise here your hand looks ultra-premium - it's not AK anymore - it's at least QQ - if he can see that and then push it all-in - I think I pass here - it's just so likely to bullets as he has to believe that he'll be getting called by a premium pair.

Of course if he just flat-calls the re-raise, you're probably going to do it all on the flop - but that's unavoidable.

Just my opinion - YMMV.

Obviously this is all based on my limited experience playing 1/2NL levels.. It's not like I'm Bill Fillmaff or anything.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: