blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  out in my first live multitable - did I play this right?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: out in my first live multitable - did I play this right?  (Read 1543 times)
moritzey

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:13:27 PM »

Hey,

just played my first ever live multitable tourney. Well, three tables only so nothing big, really. Anyway, here's how I went out, was just wondering if I could get some feedback on that hand. Have my own ideas, about how I went wrong, but it would be good to hear the opinion of people who actually manage to get further than level 4 / place 19 out of 22  ...

Had lost half my stack earlier on with queens against someone slowplaying his aces Sad, was down to about 1800 (starting with 1500, lots of rebuys/addons, so average at about 4000).

Blinds are 75/150

I'm on BB, get dealt
next player with a stack of about 5000 raises to 300, everyone folds down to me, I flat call.

Flop comes

I think for a minute, then raise 250. The other guy calls.

Turn brings a 10c - I still have top pair and an open straight draw.
I raise 500 and the other guy thinks for 20 seconds or so and then puts me all in.

He's been playing quite aggressive, and by that time I'm pot committed anyways, so I call.

He shows , giving him bottom pair, the same straight draw and a flush draw.

rivers and I'm out ...

Well, so much for my first multi-tabling experience. If I were to play the same hand again, I'm not sure if I would have done anything different, well, I lost, but not sure how I could have played it instead .. had I made it a bigger raise on the flop, I probably would have kicked him out, but then I felt I was ahead at that stage, and wanted him to call.

By the time we got to the turn, I was sure he hadn't made his straight yet, put him on KJ or Kx, possibly Ax, just by the way he looked at the flop and flat called me on the flop .. but had I moved all-in at that point, would he have called? I had about 1200 left, with 1100 in the pot..

Would be great if I could get some opinions on that..
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 08:35:04 PM »

50p for a well disguised bad beat story.

You played the hand very well.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
moritzey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 12:02:45 AM »

Yay, free cash. my partypoker name is moritzey, please send it there Wink
not gus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 03:11:50 AM »

While I agree with wardonkey that this sounds more like a bad beat moan than anything else, here is my opinion. You have to move in on the turn here. With 1100 in the pot he is unlikely to call and you really dont want to peel off another card here - there are simply too many ways to lose. If you are already behind, so be it - little stacks cant be too picky where they get their money in. And if you are you have outs to at least tie. In tournament poker, priority number one is to win the pot when it hurts you not to, even if you have to sacrifice a potentially bigger payoff.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 03:23:38 AM »

You misunderstand, the 50p is a penalty for telling a badbeat story. You may donate it to the charity of your choice.

I agree with not gus in that moving in on the turn is a better move here. It's a matter of degrees tho' you haven't misplayed it horribly or anything.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 09:55:12 AM »

Your bet on the flop was weak, you don't have enough chips to bet that weakly and have him fold unless he is a very weak player. You are screwed at the turn, i doubt he will fold to any bet here.

Bet the pot on the flop and take it there.
mystery721
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »

the only thing u did wrong here was not betting enough on the flop, it makes no difference wot u do on the turn the guy aint gonna throw an up and straight draw and a flush draw, NO WAY. if it was me i woulda reraised preflop.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »

You misunderstand, the 50p is a penalty for telling a badbeat story. You may donate it to the charity of your choice.

LOL Cheesy

Perhaps a bad beat forum would be an idea with the understanding that if you want to post then you stick 50p to charity each time (you could save up over the year!)

I'd post there !

moritzey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 02:03:23 PM »

Cool, thanks for the comment. Actually went back there after posting this to play in the cash game, and when I asked the other guy later on, he said he would've called my all-in on the flop, too, so really a bad beat story more than anything else, it seems Smiley

Does the big issue seller count as a charity?
not gus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 04:50:14 PM »

Sorry misread hand. Didnt realise he was up and down on turn aswell. I agree he doesnt fold to any bet on turn. Your only way out of this is if you bet big pre or post flop. But if the guy says he calls allin preflop with  then he is hardly likely to fold having hit the flop so hard (bottom pair, an overcard and a couple of runner runner draws). Roll Eyes So it seems your only real way out was to fold preflop. No shame in that with KQ to a raise in the blinds.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: