blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:14:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272681 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  League Format Qualifiers - EPTs/GPS and more...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: League Format Qualifiers - EPTs/GPS and more...  (Read 2661 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »

What do stars think?

That was going to be my question to.  As the games are on their software, they might consider it a good thing, but as they're running their own satellites in a format that suits their business model - they might not be too happy.

Also, what have Genting said about this?  Surely they want satellites for the GPS to be run on their skin, rather than on PokerStars?

The games are private games, we can allocate the money to whatever we like.

Currently talking about setting up a live format, as the format can bring in more buy ins.

OK, but are you allowed to advertise them as such? 

The same way DTD ran tournaments with a 'Vegas Package', but they couldn't advertise it as a WSOP ME satellite, and they couldn't force anyone to use their prize-winnings to buy into the event either.

Just being devil's advocate.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Czyz29

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »

What do stars think?

That was going to be my question to.  As the games are on their software, they might consider it a good thing, but as they're running their own satellites in a format that suits their business model - they might not be too happy.

Also, what have Genting said about this?  Surely they want satellites for the GPS to be run on their skin, rather than on PokerStars?

The games are private games, we can allocate the money to whatever we like.

Currently talking about setting up a live format, as the format can bring in more buy ins.

OK, but are you allowed to advertise them as such? 

The same way DTD ran tournaments with a 'Vegas Package', but they couldn't advertise it as a WSOP ME satellite, and they couldn't force anyone to use their prize-winnings to buy into the event either.

Just being devil's advocate.

Maybe not, but they haven't mentioned anything atm, and if so changes can be made. Also in talks with a very big company in the poker world atm, but can announce yet.

Finally make a final after freerolling every tournament []
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »

Sorry to be a sourpuss here but there is no way you will be able to do this long term in the current format.

Paypal do not allow gambling transactions of any kind, this will include escrow. If they found out what you were doing, and they sometimes do audit the accounts that have shopping carts, they could well freeze your account and freeze the funds.

I think Stars would also take a dim view, they do reserve the right to stop you running home games, whether they are private or not.

No doubt both are on the look out for this kind of thing too since US players have been shut out of online poker, but still can play stars home games.

You could probably get away with it privately, but not when you have a website stating what you are doing.

You potentially have a good idea here if you could get an online room to cooperate and officially run this, but I think most poker players would be very nervous about entering into something which clearly ruffles the feathers of every poker room and payment processor involved.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »

FINANCIAL GAIN

7.1Home Games is intended solely for your personal entertainment (whether you use it as a Club Manager or Member) and must not in any way be used to create any financial gain or other pecuniary advantage to you or to any other User of Home Games. Prohibited conduct in connection with use of Home Games includes (but is not limited to) the following:
        setting up an escrow account or any other method, scheme or system, whether online or offline, in order to distribute funds to any person based on the results of any Home Games ring game or tournament;
        charging or receiving from any Member a fee for joining the Club; or
        without derogating from Clauses 6.1 or 6.2, earning money or gaining any other form of remuneration from advertising revenue.

From the Home Games T&C page

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/terms/
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »

ya lol incred naiveity. no danger stars will allow this as explained.
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 12:11:44 PM »

Still being announed via the FB page as going ahead 24/2 and mention of a freeroll launching next week to win one of two prizes - entry into micro-league and entry into main-league.

Might now be the time to answer player concerns ITT Dean?

For what it's worth, I hope it takes off, makes you a little money, and gets a load of small-stakes players into live tournies outside their roll - me included.

GL
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 12:17:07 PM »

APAT ran some satellite tourneys recently where the winner got funds allocated for a seat and 2nd 3rd 4th got decreasing % of them

Seemed a decent idea although they haven't run any since that first week's worth

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »

I cannot acces the forum untill I am at home, which isn't a lot of the time, but I will do my best. But I can tell you on here yes, the PayPal issue is false, as the account is completely verified and set up for 'gambling transactions', so there is no issue here. The thought of having a poker room endorse it has been tried but they want us to prove its worth first which is why we are trying to do. The home games policy means that we are removing the rake and making it a non profit system.
I hope this answes everything, we are just trying to offer a service to players that is new an can benefit people.

Thanks
Dean

Above is quoted from Dean's reply on his FB page.  What do blondes think to the reply?
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »

0% chance of Stars letting this happen

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 12:23:22 PM »

Done something similiar with mates to a couple of comps. Would be great if a deece firm took it on, too many pitfalls to run independently imo.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »

Yeah I might have got the paypal gambling transactions part wrong, but I'm still pretty certain you cant use it for escrow of gambling transactions - surely you would need a gaming license? Are you prohibited from accepting transactions from US players?

The reasons Stars forbids playing for escrowed money (despite the fact it stops them getting rake) is because US players can play their home games, but cant play for real money on PokerStars. As you can imagine, this does still happen in the US, but never publicly and advertised on a website.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »

Just wanna say Dean plays at Dtd pretty regular, is a blonde member and is a decent chap. No way will he be trying to lift anyone's leg. I have no idea if this will take off or is even allowed legally but hope he gets something up and running. I like the idea and wish him success

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »

Just wanna say Dean plays at Dtd pretty regular, is a blonde member and is a decent chap. No way will he be trying to lift anyone's leg. I have no idea if this will take off or is even allowed legally but hope he gets something up and running. I like the idea and wish him success

Certainly don't think he is trying to set up anything dodgy, he could well be onto a nice little idea here and is clearly very enterprising. It's just in the current format it's a grey area at best, and he runs the risk of getting shut down by the major operators he is using, or putting doubt in the mind of his potential customer base who would otherwise be interested.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »

Do people still make money from poker stuff like this? thought it was saturated to death.

Based on the website alone, I would have closed the browser 5 seconds after it loaded, if you paid http://www.netweaverdesign.com/ anything to do it, fire them.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »

Certainly don't think he is trying to set up anything dodgy, he could well be onto a nice little idea here and is clearly very enterprising. It's just in the current format it's a grey area at best, and he runs the risk of getting shut down by the major operators he is using, or putting doubt in the mind of his potential customer base who would otherwise be interested.

What Bazza said.  I don't think anyone wants him to fail, or thinks his goal is to do anything dodgy - it's just that the regulation around this sort of thing is very strict and he needs to make sure he's looked at all the possible issues in detail.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: