blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 189466 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »

good stuff mate, that post above was a good read.

Cheers.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 02, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »

Have a complete and utter nasty head cold, with my eyes watering, my sinuses inflamed and a dirty snotty nose.

I went on beast mode last night and fought through this, by getting up first thing loading up on vitamin c and and cold/flu tablets and getting to work on a 10 hour session.

Atm i am in more of a rollover and die mood and want to embrace the sickness and moan about it on here. Will get up eventually because this is a nightmare.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 02, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »

3.5k for 4th, so that is in the bag, 8.7k for first or summin like that, we were probably about to make a deal as this was the first hand 4 handed and then....

PokerStars Hand #74919485508: Tournament #507243466, $8.00+$0.80 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXIII (140000/280000) - 2012/02/02 21:34:42 WET [2012/02/02 16:34:42 ET]
Table '507243466 36' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Pokerbiasm11 (3510452 in chips)
Seat 2: luciaibz (3489515 in chips)
Seat 3: taaffey (4084628 in chips)
Seat 4: anup returns (3901405 in chips)
Pokerbiasm11: posts the ante 28000
luciaibz: posts the ante 28000
taaffey: posts the ante 28000
anup returns: posts the ante 28000
taaffey: posts small blind 140000
anup returns: posts big blind 280000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to anup returns [ ]
Pokerbiasm11 said, "you have to press the info button"
Pokerbiasm11: folds
luciaibz: folds
taaffey: raises 3776628 to 4056628 and is all-in
anup returns: calls 3593405 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (183223) returned to taaffey
*** FLOP *** [ ]
*** TURN *** [ ] []
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
taaffey: shows [ Two Clubs] (a flush, Ace high)
anup returns: shows [ ] (a flush, King high)
taaffey collected 7858810 from pot
anup returns finished the tournament in 4th place and received $3550.68.
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7858810 | Rake 0
Board [ ]
Seat 1: Pokerbiasm11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: luciaibz (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: taaffey (small blind) showed [ Two Clubs] and lost with a flush, Ace high
Seat 4: anup returns (big blind) showed [ ] and lost with a flush, King high
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:17 PM »

Cashed in the above for 3.5k dollars and in another win for 2k dollars tonight. In another 13 tourns with none too promising atm.

Redic results are coming my way, i don't know what quite to make of it.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 03, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »

getting 3 bet all in owned by my table on poker stars if u guys fancy a rail.

27 left, with 5k dollars for first and i have 20 bigs.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 03, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »

and out for around 20th, don't bother. 3 left.  Gonna do a count up a little later as the last post of the night.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 03, 2012, 01:33:37 AM »

Gonna stop posting on here for the brags during a grind, or when i am doing crap, it seems to either make me play worse, which it doesn't really, but my luck turns, that is for sure.

Plummeted out of every other tourn for not much more monies.

Have myself up 3570 dollars tonight, which is awesome but find myself knowing that could and should have been more yet again after a slightly loose kj call when a deal was on the cards. Not too unhappy with the hand history a few posts ago because he has less than kj more often that not and if i win that pot there are basically 3 left and i can make them fight for second and sail into taking the tournament down.

Since last friday i have made i nice go of it and have decided that i am coming up to Nottingham to lump up 550 quid for the deepstack later on today. Pretty spur of the moment stuff but will look for a cheap hotel, play today, if i go out tonight then contemplate whether i re-punt, but that may be unlikely and i might just grind from the hotel room on the saturday night. Then on a sunday stay with a mate who will also be grinding the sunday session online with me.

Will try and say hello to basically all of you that i have seen a pic of or recognise I haven't really met any blondes aside from, Amatay, Greekstein, F3nix35 and a brief hello with Mondatoo in the UKIPT Notts, him obv lasting longer than me. Go to my twitter link below if you want and have a look at the pic, then aim for me at the tables.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 03, 2012, 01:39:18 AM »

Gonna stop posting on here for the brags during a grind, or when i am doing crap, it seems to either make me play worse, which it doesn't really, but my luck turns, that is for sure.

Have myself up 3570 dollars tonight, which is awesome but find myself knowing that could and should have been more yet again after a slightly loose kj call when a deal was on the cards. Not too unhappy with the hand history a few posts ago because he has less than kj more often that not and if i win that pot there are basically 3 left and i can make them fight for second and sail into taking the tournament down.

Since last friday i have made i nice go of it and have decided that i am coming up to Nottingham to lump up 550 quid for the deepstack later on today. Pretty spur of the moment stuff but will look for a cheap hotel, play today, if i go out tonight then contemplate whether i re-punt, but that may be unlikely and i might just grind from the hotel room on the saturday night. Then on a sunday stay with a mate who will also be grinding the sunday session online with me.

Will try and say hello to basically all of you that i have seen a pic of or recognise I haven't really met any blondes aside from, Amatay, Greekstein, F3nix35 and a brief hello with Mondatoo in the UKIPT Notts, him obv lasting longer than me. Go to my twitter link below if you want and have a look at the pic, then aim for me at the tables.

I sometimes wonder how you win  Wink

Jury's Inn is a good hotel right next to train station, glgl.

The KJ hand, did you think villain was jamming atc ? I'd be more interested in making correct ICM decisions than folding to make a deal, jus' saying.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 03, 2012, 01:47:45 AM »

The KJ hand, did you think villain was jamming atc ? I'd be more interested in making correct ICM decisions than folding to make a deal, jus' saying.

Defoo not atc, the low end of his range is a q8 suited i would say. and of the K high hands he goes as far down as K7 and obv any ace and any pair. So i placed my hand quite high in terms of how i could beat him. However, maybe i should have tightened it up as the money jumps were huge. Saying that i wouldn't have forgiven myself for the fold so i don't mind it after all.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 03, 2012, 01:57:57 AM »

Lol, tbf i have been languishing with a low br for my whole poker playing days, gotta hope this isn't out and out good variance and i am actually in for a joke amount of consistent winnings. Remember i am getting these scores on pokerstars and before about a month ago i never really properly did a big grind on there. Here is to dreaming lol.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 03, 2012, 02:09:37 AM »

Lol, tbf i have been languishing with a low br for my whole poker playing days, gotta hope this isn't out and out good variance and i am actually in for a joke amount of consistent winnings. Remember i am getting these scores on pokerstars and before about a month ago i never really properly did a big grind on there. Here is to dreaming lol.

I was just taking the piss mate with you saying looking at blonde makes your luck turn, seem to be doing really well, glgl.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 03, 2012, 02:25:47 AM »

I was just taking the piss mate with you saying looking at blonde makes your luck turn, seem to be doing really well, glgl.

lol yeh i know, i just wanted to turn the tone from jovial to desperate in my hope of continued success.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 03, 2012, 03:42:07 AM »

Hotel and train booked, will be at DTD for day 1a of the 550.
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 03, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »

Hotel and train booked, will be at DTD for day 1a of the 550.

Good luck..  Fancy staking me?Huh?
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 03, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »

Nice heater Ant. Well done m8

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: