blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272696 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 167937 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 01, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »

Pretty sure that Benger himself said that he just lost the plot, and was embarrassed watching it back.

Someone who can react like that after the All-in….I personally wouldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth…and I mean off the poker table too!

The fact he keeps shouting that the king coming "won't change my life" could be just that evidence if what Rick Trigg said is right about him owing 7 figures before this tournament!

Someone who is that under it, is going to be doing well not to lose the plot, imo.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 01, 2016, 05:58:18 PM »

When you are at the last 3 tables of the main event, I think we can excuse bad behaviour to a great extent.

The pressure these guys are under is unlike anything they will have experienced before and stress makes people do stuff that is way out of character.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 02, 2016, 10:08:49 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 02, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »

At the break

Nguyen 233m

Vayo 116m

anyone watched it?

Vayo got a runner runner double to stay in it?

My eyes are open wide
tiger

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 02, 2016, 11:11:53 AM »

Some strong accusations flying round on Twitter about Nguyen.

Anyone watched it? Any possible foundations?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 02, 2016, 11:22:45 AM »

At the break

Nguyen 233m

Vayo 116m

anyone watched it?

Vayo got a runner runner double to stay in it?

Just watched the updates.  Nguyen has bossed the whole thing.  Vayo could have hit a 5 on that runner runner flush, but confirmed lucksack.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 02, 2016, 11:30:44 AM »

What sort of accusations?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 02, 2016, 11:34:15 AM »

He has x-ray specs Cheesy

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 02, 2016, 11:37:51 AM »

Stuey mk2?!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 02, 2016, 02:45:25 PM »

Stuey mk2?!

Pleno was on Joe Ingram's podcast, which I switched to when I went to rail it in bed, and Pads said that his friend text him saying Vayo asked for a deck change in one of the breaks, because he was suspicious.

alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: November 02, 2016, 03:48:13 PM »

Links?

Twitter - @leeavy
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 03, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »

Will k was gonna fold..Benger employed an all time great speech to get him to shove..audacious

Vayo's hair is lovely

I agree, Benger put on the pathetic strop to get WK to call as it had started to look like WK was considering folding. So well played to him for that.
However, his reaction after WK calls and wins the hand is despicable imo and showed off his true colours, as obviously those actions were not just used for the skill of a hand.

Have to completely disagree with the bolded line and totally agree with the underlined/italic line...

I did think the same briefly that this was a ploy to get WK to snap and shove, however when you see Benger after the hand and he continues on his blow-up it's very obvious to me that it's just an utter meltdown from Griffen Benger, he is lucky that it's the mega cooler and there is no way he can really cost himself any money. It's close to impossible for WK to fold but if it's a genuine blow-up from Benger (which it was) then I think the only hand he can possibly have is AA. Easy to say isn't it when you're watching, if WK actually had a close decision, like AKo or JJ or something like that then I think Benger could easily have cost himself the hand, WK has enough about him to probably realise that GB wouldn't break like this if it was a light 4bet.

If it was an act from GB to get action then you would have seen him a bit calmer after the all-in (after all it's an act, right?) when he continues to totally lose his mind it's very very clear I think he's just absolutely cracked.

Lucky boy.

Do you not think its possible he is capable of playing the hand well (i.e. in doing something outrageous to pee off his opponent into shoving) AND he is an absolute dirtbag and was letting his true personality come out AFTER WK shoves?

I personally think WK was maybe contemplating (incorrectly) about outrageously letting it go and that unprovoked personal attack (coupled with that to$$er Vayo piping in aswell) gave him the final sway into shoving (even though that was obviously the correct play anyway).

With all the speech play the same from WK, I just think Benger wouldn't have had that strop at all if he had got a beatable preflop hand and didn't want WK to shove (i.e. if he had AK, JJ, QQ and would therefore be leaving himself to call for a flip at best for his life) which suggests it was an act.
Theres no need for him to be that wound up about his tournament life being on the line, because if it is, its about to be on the line in the best spot a poker player can really dream of with 17 players left in the Main event.

Because he has the nuts, he was just going to keep quiet and hope for the shove, but then WK starts putting on pressure with his talk about laddering and "90k is 90k right?" etc and it is at that point Benger twigs that a strop would come across much weaker than keeping shtum.

Note the words he uses in his strop "you're being abusive to me, you're being abusive, its called verbal abuse'' and all that "check your privilege" nonsense….not really the words used in a genuine strop at someone imo.

Everything after the all-in is genuinely him being a scumbag though.

Is WK not on Blonde, really could do with his take on this?

I think Benger is capable of it, I am 100% convinced that this wasn't the case here, he blew up, I actually dont think he would have let himself melt-down if he had something like AKs or QQ where he was a little venreable, if WK had of folded because of it it would have been AMAZING Smiley

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 07, 2016, 06:08:03 PM »

the WK PR bandwagon rolls on...

http://www.pokerstars.tv/en/tv/channels/2016/11/will-kassouf-no-holds-barred.shtml

My eyes are open wide
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 07, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »

WK: "if you're not good enough [to take the barrage of verbal] then you shouldn't be playing the main event". Seems he wants to chase off all the recs then. Because your average farmer from Utah doesn't want to be exposed to this when he wants to play some cards.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 07, 2016, 09:54:28 PM »

WK: "if you're not good enough [to take the barrage of verbal] then you shouldn't be playing the main event". Seems he wants to chase off all the recs then. Because your average farmer from Utah doesn't want to be exposed to this when he wants to play some cards.

He has a point.. I'm sure they'll all love chucking their ten grand in, so they can listen to a parrot on speed all day.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: