blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272688 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Lost" fans
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Lost" fans  (Read 81730 times)
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »

Flash version was fine for me

http://www.ninjavideo.net/cat/1330

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 21, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »

Sad thats where i usually watch them dunno why flash isnt working for me tonight!

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2009, 10:59:40 PM »

Sad thats where i usually watch them dunno why flash isnt working for me tonight!

http://www.sidereel.com/Lost/_season/5/_episode/6/_search

One of these links is bound to work.
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »

nice 1 longy cheers

cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2009, 11:53:25 PM »

pretty gd episode cheers again longy

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2009, 06:16:06 PM »

mutha fuckin amazing episode cheers again longy

FYP

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »

just seen the latest episode - ooooooooo!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »

Copied & Pasted from The Lost Official Forum.

For once, last night’s episode was quite narrow in its focus and most of what I picked up on pointed in the same direction. However, it did put a new perspective on the overall storytelling for me.

So Ben Linus was shot by Sayid as a kid?! This was an awesome and unexpected twist and as this event always happened in Ben’s past it means that Ben will undoubtedly survive this attack.

Sayid made an attempt on young Bens life because he was utterly oblivious to Faraday’s talk about “whatever happened, happened”. Sayid no doubt figured that killing young Ben would mean that he himself would never be sent around the world, assassinating people in 30 odd years or thereabouts. He also no doubt figured that he would be preventing a lot of DHARMA deaths, child kidnappings and saving many people from Ben’s intense manipulation and scheming.

And then, after it all finished. It dawned on me.

In a somewhat more complicated version of the chicken and the egg paradox, it struck me that Ben has gone through his whole life knowing that he was shot by Sayid and he would have known this 30 years in his future when he was caught in Rousseau’s net, facing an equally young looking Sayid. You could say that from Ben’s perspective, Sayid appears to have the same anti-aging phenomenon as Alpert, expect this of course comes with the illusions caused by mysterious time travelling islands where polar bears roam free wondering where they put their sunglasses.

It seems to me that Sayid’s actions will have a massive impact on a currently innocent young Ben Linus. A good kid who wants a better life for himself and cares about the underdog. A kid who is hated by his father who also blames him for his mother’s death. In terms of motivations, we have an interesting situation where Bens motivations in later life I am sure will be sculpted from Sayids assassination attempt when he was a kid, but Sayids assassination attempt only happened because of the way he was treated by Ben in Ben’s future. Who caused what? Who provoked who? You tell me. I’m certainly interested to find out where Sayid is off to now though – maybe Alpert will take him on as a Hostile in the jungle? I also ponder whether Ben was caught in that net on purpose once 815 had crashed. It’s pretty clear that he was expecting Flight 815 to crash in the way he reacted to it when he saw it and having Hawkin on the outside at the lamppost seals this for me. I believe he needed lists from Goodwin and Ethan to see how many of these people he knew from his past as these people would need to remain on the island until it travelled back in time. This is why he was so adamant about keeping everyone on the island, he knew they had a job to do in the past and he felt he needed to get them there.

I imagine that towards the end of Series 6, we will see a circular arc such as the one described above with most of the characters.

As an example, let’s look at Hurleys story. He was committed to Santa Rosa mental asylum after developing an eating disorder which he believed was the death of two people when a deck collapsed. In the asylum, he overheard Leonard repeating ‘the numbers’ over and over and ended up playing them on the lottery, which he of course won. This seemingly cursed Hurley as one traumatic experience followed another and he eventually felt compelled to locate the source of the numbers, discovering that they were overheard at a listening post in the South Pacific which is the reason he was on Oceanic 815.

Now that Hurley is back in the 70’s and heavily (pun intended) involved in DHARMA (albeit from a catering point of view at present), I wouldn’t mind betting that he will play an instrumental role in the implementation of those particular numbers being that he knows them better than anyone. Rumour has it that we will find out towards the end of this series what the ‘incident’ was at the Swan which required the protocol of those numbers to be input into the computer, but I reckon Hurley will have something to do with it. It would be nice if he was the one that scratched the numbers on the hatch door as well so others would remember them.

I don’t know about you guys, but if I was ever unsure that we wouldn’t get all our answers by the end of Season 6, I am getting more and more confident by the episode that the writers knew exactly what they were doing the whole time

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2009, 08:15:50 PM »

Thanks for posting that - good stuff. Lost is the best TV series ever. FACT.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »

I guess you don't watch 24

PS Lost has been quality this season

PPS Jack bauer isn't in lost
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2009, 08:48:19 PM »

Thats a great post, I thought Hurley might have been the one that scratched the numbers last night too. I think the whole reintroduction of the Dharma initative has breathed new life into the show and its as awesome as ever.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2009, 08:52:28 PM »

2 months ago I thought Lost was the greatest show ever and had never seen 24. I decided to buy the 24 first series box set to see what all the fuss was about.

Im now starting season 3 and hate to say it: Lost is awesome but 24 pisses on it from a great height. Jack Bauer is the ultimate super hero, I hope seasons 3-7 get even better.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2009, 09:05:40 PM »

2 months ago I thought Lost was the greatest show ever and had never seen 24. I decided to buy the 24 first series box set to see what all the fuss was about.

Im now starting season 3 and hate to say it: Lost is awesome but 24 pisses on it from a great height. Jack Bauer is the ultimate super hero, I hope seasons 3-7 get even better.

So sick that it does actually get better it's ridiculous i don't even like tv and i watched 16eps in a day it's blatantly the greatest show ever made one episode is more exciting than a whole series of some of the big shows out there (not including lost in that).Jack bauer is the greatest he pwns all FACT

BTW Can get every eps perfect copy off pirate bay and other places if u want to save few quid,enjoy mbsfn to be you and have them all to watch  thumbs up
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2009, 11:00:38 PM »

24 was great to begin with but the last 2 series I gave up after about episode 6 each time.

So unbelievable!!

Of course Lost the greatest tv show ever is totally believable!!

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 31, 2009, 12:39:35 AM »

He is in Call of Duty tho, ducy?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: