blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  scotty2hatty's London Adventure
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scotty2hatty's London Adventure  (Read 16183 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »

Fav Nandos order?

Do you like black pudding suppers?

Double chicken breast on pitta, extra hot. Chips and one other side, sometimes double chips. And some extra hot wings.

Love black pudding, but not as a supper, prefer white pudding. Brings up something interesting though, nipped to a nearby chipper last week and all you can order is fish, chicken, jumbo sausage or pie - WTF?
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 10:02:32 AM »

whats white pudding??

never tried battered black pudding maybe i should try and source one

Just me
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:11 AM »

What a great diarrhoea you are Mr S2H. Looking forward to more.

Polite request -  More pics please, and include of of yourself and the GF.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »

Fav Nandos order?

Double chicken breast on pitta, extra hot. Chips and one other side, sometimes double chips. And some extra hot wings.

Love black pudding, but not as a supper, prefer white pudding. Brings up something interesting though, nipped to a nearby chipper last week and all you can order is fish, chicken, jumbo sausage or pie - WTF?

Nawwww, they gave me white pudding in scaberdeen last week by mistake Sad chippys in England, well, def London are the worst. I average one black pudding supper per day whenever I go to Scotland. Totally addicted. Thank fk I don't live there or I'd be fat Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »

Not sure where about in London you're going to be living Scotty, but there's a chippy called Kennedy's on Goswell Road. It's a 5-10 minute walk from both Angel and Barbican stations. I'm not a huge fan of fish and chips, but whenever I've gone there with someone, they've absolutely loved it. There's also a lot of black cab taxi drivers that eat there, and I'm guessing they know the score. I think it's slightly more expensive than your average chippy, but probably worth it.

Enjoying the thread btw.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 07:13:36 PM »

Good read Scotty, must be pretty daunting moving down if you lived in Dundee your whole life... Bit of a culture shock! Hope it works out for you and the gf...

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read the thread to date and apologies for the lack of updates but as you will have previously read I don't have the internet in my flat yet. I've since organised that but who knew that it takes over 3 weeks for someone to come round to sort everything out.

I'm going to reply to all of the responses right now and then give an update as to where I am at present with the whole flat thing etc.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »

Fav Nandos order?

Nawwww, they gave me white pudding in scaberdeen last week by mistake Sad chippys in England, well, def London are the worst. I average one black pudding supper per day whenever I go to Scotland. Totally addicted. Thank fk I don't live there or I'd be fat Smiley

White pudding supper > black pudding supper ainec.

Slice of black pudding > slice of white pudding ainec.

A whole black pudding is far too dry and it doesn't tend to go well with a sauce (brown or tomato). Brown is best btw, but I guess that is another debate.

I've since had a visit to a different chippy and ordered a battered sausage supper which is just ok and definitely not as good as back home. Although chips have been of a high standard in both establishments thus far.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »

whats white pudding??

never tried battered black pudding maybe i should try and source one

From Wiki Paul.....

White pudding or oatmeal pudding is a meat dish popular in Scotland, Ireland,[1] Northumberland, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland. White pudding is very similar to black pudding, but does not include blood. Consequently, it consists of pork meat and fat, suet, bread, and oatmeal formed into the shape of a large sausage.

It's delicious.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 02:46:16 PM »

Not sure where about in London you're going to be living Scotty, but there's a chippy called Kennedy's on Goswell Road. It's a 5-10 minute walk from both Angel and Barbican stations. I'm not a huge fan of fish and chips, but whenever I've gone there with someone, they've absolutely loved it. There's also a lot of black cab taxi drivers that eat there, and I'm guessing they know the score. I think it's slightly more expensive than your average chippy, but probably worth it.

Enjoying the thread btw.

Staying in Finsbury Park, North London. I'll attempt to give this one a shot when I get a chance if it isn't too far of a trek.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 02:49:46 PM »

I met a stripper in Kavos who was from Finsbury park. Assured her that I would marry her one day.. sure ever went there.. Look out for an incred blondie called Danielle and say Big Dave says hi and sorry for not marrying you. Not that you ever go to strip clubs ldo.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

Good read Scotty, must be pretty daunting moving down if you lived in Dundee your whole life... Bit of a culture shock! Hope it works out for you and the gf...

Hey T Mar.

If I'm being honest, I wasn't daunted at all. I think I had prepared myself for the move.

Now the culture shock part is definitely true. The area I live in is amazingly multi-cultural and I love walking past all the little takeaways and restaurants, each of a different culture. There must be about 10-15 on my street alone, and have seen Ethiopian, Jamacian, Indian and Greek - amongst others.

My store has about 150 staff and I indirectly manage all of those, whilst directly managing around 20 and, without being racist, the names are a disaster to remember. I'm calling everyone by the wrong name. Not many Jethadul's or Dabees' back home.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »

I met a stripper in Kavos who was from Finsbury park. Assured her that I would marry her one day.. sure ever went there.. Look out for an incred blondie called Danielle and say Big Dave says hi and sorry for not marrying you. Not that you ever go to strip clubs ldo.

Pics or GTFO
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »

Pics or GTFO

When I got married I destroyed all pictorial/video evidence of past flings/relationships. Obv this wasn't voluntary. #1OfMyBiggestRegrets Sad

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »

Which part of Finsbury Park are you in - this shitty bit or the really shitty bit?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: