blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 07:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Spungeh - Online to Onlive
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spungeh - Online to Onlive  (Read 8344 times)
Spungeh

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »

Hi,

So I havn't really been around this forum before, but after reading some blogs, and seeing how everyone is I thought it may be a pretty decent place to start a new kind of blog.

Lets have some background..

So I live in Birmingham, moved here 3years~ ago when I came to university here.. Pretty much just played poker and got drunk, and now just basically play poker, as well as some business stuff, but this is about poker Smiley (ask if you want some business talk) I played online 100%, and rarely played some random low BI MTTs at broadway or Gala In Birmingham.. I only played about 10 of them, and I think in total i made about £20 from the whole trip, and MTTs just wasnt my thing. It was always cash, and with being scared of sitting down with £200 on any table, It took me a while to get there with a decent BR..

So I went back online, I grinded upto 1/2 and played some 2/4.. and now Im playing Live 5nights a week, 1/2 and 5/5.. - Although Im fairly new to the live scene, Ive meet a few interesting people, and havn't fully adapted to the LAP games that everyone offers, and with my 33/30 game online, its a huge change Cheesy

The first time I ever walked into a 1/2 game, I went down -800.. mainly a  vs  Cooler spot, but it never even affected me, why had I taken so long to take the shots at live? I didn't really understand.

I play 95% of my live action at star city, and 99.9% of my action online at Pokerstars, I'm a super BRM nit, and am way overolled for every limit I play for a living, I have 100bi for anything online and 50bi for anything live.. which isnt huge huge, but... when you comfortable beat the games I guess its a little excessive, esp when that 50bi is for the highest games i play.. 5/5 and yet play most my volume on the 1/2 tables, but when your graph looks like this at certain points, you become a BRM nit Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.

nice be ev line.. but hey.. I do beat these games.. honest Cheesy

obviously the swings arn't so mad live play, which is why I use 50% of the BRM as I do online.

So Ill start posting some interesting hands, stories that I come across in my little journey, and hopefully get to know allot of the blonde community allot more, and maybe even make more friends/poker buddies in the journey that Im about to embark on..

Catch you sharks later.
Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:08:21 PM »

Should be fun to see how my SH game online, changes to the FR games onlive.. Tongue

Im having the weekend of, after a solid few grinding sessions last week, and then im back on it on monday for some fun Cheesy
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »

Sick graph. Do u play zoom or normals? Ive played quite a bit of 200nl zoom so if so probs played with u some. GL making some $$$.
Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »

Yeah I think all those hands are on zoom Cheesy

So probably been bluffing you with 7 high at some point Cheesy
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »

I'd like to talk business - what sort of things you involved in? Also how do you split your time between poker/your business interests and how tough do you find that?

Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »

I'd like to talk business - what sort of things you involved in? Also how do you split your time between poker/your business interests and how tough do you find that?

Technology mainly, Developer of mobile apps, Make websites, A Marketing company, and also moving into a new business with Agency work, and possible investment opportunities..

I tend to just do business whenever im not playing poker, I tend to split it 50/50.. unless I need to push one or the other, recently its been 80/20 poker/business just because I'm obv not the only one working on these things.. But its 50/50 again now.. I just make the most out of the 24hours a day that Im giving.. and hope to get as much done as possible, with playing live.. I do all the emails, reports etc on my ipad at the poker table.

Business is hard to get started, and the first business was exciting and I didn't find it to stressful, but if you play poker for a living for a while, it comes as second nature not to tilt, and keep emotions out of it. So it comes in very useful in that aspect.

Are you interested in business and/or in one ?
Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »

DTD this friday and saturday, to take care of my DTD virginity Cheesy
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 02:37:10 PM »

Confirmed Spungeh sighting at 100nl zoom yesterday.
Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »

Confirmed Spungeh sighting at 100nl zoom yesterday.

hah yep, nl100 is fun to play Cheesy and still a decent hourly there Smiley
Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »

So setting up all my stuff for DTD on fri-sat..

transferred money from moneybookers to my bank account last wednesday and still havn't received this.. have a 5/10 game tomorrow, so im hoping its in by 4pm tomorrow, so that I can still play this..

Will make a detailed post about my DTD trip when I get back on the sunday, and hopefully make it an interesting read.

Until then im reading tommy angelo's old school book on live poker, and finding the read fairly interesting, if anyone knows any more books based around live poker?
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »

transferred money from moneybookers to my bank account last wednesday and still havn't received this.. have a 5/10 game tomorrow, so im hoping its in by 4pm tomorrow, so that I can still play this..

Will make a detailed post about my DTD trip when I get back on the sunday, and hopefully make it an interesting read.

Until then im reading tommy angelo's old school book on live poker, and finding the read fairly interesting, if anyone knows any more books based around live poker?

not a book but if you can find his online series 'Eightfold path to poker englightenment' much of it deals with live play and is a must watch series imo for any poker player.

ill keep an eye over here, interested in fellow grinders - esp ones at the levels just above me.. Cheesy

Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »

not a book but if you can find his online series 'Eightfold path to poker englightenment' much of it deals with live play and is a must watch series imo for any poker player.

ill keep an eye over here, interested in fellow grinders - esp ones at the levels just above me.. Cheesy

I will check it out,

what levels are you playing? live or online?
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »

online at 25nl at the moment, think im my own worst enemy 95% of the time.

Live I've played up to 2/5, but mainly 1/2 and 1/3 mostly.  Been doing well live in the last 12 months, hoping to find my way to playing professionally eventually, but we will see.

Spungeh

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »

online at 25nl at the moment, think im my own worst enemy 95% of the time.

Live I've played up to 2/5, but mainly 1/2 and 1/3 mostly.  Been doing well live in the last 12 months, hoping to find my way to playing professionally eventually, but we will see.

ha, yeah. You are always your own worst enemy Cheesy

Is this at DTD? Ive only recently started playing live a few months ago, so still trying to swap from my aggro 2/4 game to the not so aggro 1/2 games Cheesy
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 06:05:44 AM »

Other than practical reasons, what makes you want to play online and what makes you want to play live?

Is it partly down to mood, where you've been winning recently, how soft the games are, being sociable?

How easy do you find it to focus on two things at once - I.E. work e-mails and reports, while grinding live? Do you find your quality of work for one or both drops off at all, or are you able to prioritise effectively and make sure you don't miss out on key info?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: