blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:55:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 403837 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: July 03, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »

That seems to be stunning value, especially considering the talent in that squad.

What would a similar ticket cost at, say;

Man Utd

Arsenal

Stoke City

Think they start at around £550/£600 at united (maybe someone can confirm?)

Arsenal's are (I believe) slightly different as they include all cup games as standard without the option to just have the 19 league games, think prices are 4 figures minimum but again maybe someone can confirm?

Stoke's are buy one get 6 free probably......or maybe £400+.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 03, 2017, 07:35:51 PM »

That seems to be stunning value, especially considering the talent in that squad.

Man Utd

Arsenal

Stoke City

Arsenal's are (I believe) slightly different as they include all cup games as standard without the option to just have the 19 league games, think prices are 4 figures minimum but again maybe someone can confirm?

Well to be fair, Arsenal season ticket holders do get tremendous value.

Plus, they have the bonus of having a history. Very important, that. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 03, 2017, 07:52:42 PM »

Man Utd

Arsenal

Stoke City

Credit where its due, they do have a solid history of the most expensive season ticket in the league.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 03, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »

Man Utd

Arsenal

Stoke City

Credit where its due, they do have a solid history of the most expensive season ticket in the league.

You get what you pay for.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 03, 2017, 08:27:33 PM »

We at Arsenal own our brand spanking new state-of-the-art stadium and generate our transfer budget from income generated by the club -  all paid for on our own hard-earned dime and ably managed during the last two decades by Arsene Wenger - and I for one am proud of that.

We also have a contract with Alexis Sanchez for at least another year and currently hold the whip-hand in all negotiations.

Anyone want an even £100 Alexis is a citeh player in September 2017?*

*I will happily pay this if the Alexis/Aguero swop goes through. Smiley

I think the cheapest AFC season tickets are around £800 - just mentioning this in an attempt to get this back to the original thread - I blame Tikay and his blathering...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 03, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »

We at Arsenal own our brand spanking new state-of-the-art stadium and generate our transfer budget from income generated by the club -  all paid for on our own hard-earned dime and ably managed during the last two decades by Arsene Wenger - and I for one am proud of that.

We also have a contract with Alexis Sanchez for at least another year and currently hold the whip-hand in all negotiations.

I think the cheapest AFC season tickets are around £800 - just mentioning this in an attempt to get this back to the original thread - I blame Tikay and his blathering...

As a matter of interest, during Arsene's 20 year tenure, how many Managers have Man City had? Must be at least 10.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 03, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »

Hollywood must be a fun place to live.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 03, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »

Unsure why Wenger is adamant he won't sell Sanchez to City, claiming he doesn't want him sold to PL rivals.

But its not Everton sniffing around him, Arsene?

I'll take the overs on 10, Teeks.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 03, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »

Looks like Alves will be confirmed tomorrow. Reading a deal with his agent has been agreed and he'll move to City on a 2 year contract, free transfer.

Excellent bit of business....hope I haven't bokked it though!

With strong rumours still circulating around Sanchez (hi Ralph), Walker, Mendy and Bertrand, we could have one hell of a squad next season. Exciting times.

Still the same names as main targets and hopefully the official announcements to start shortly, Sanchez excepted which will no doubt drag-on.  Then potentially others depending on movements out etc.

Did you get a good seat with your value gold?

Confed cup and players going on holiday (the cheek of it) looks like its delaying things. Think some transfers are only a matter of time (Mendy) whereas others hang in the balance somewhat (Bertrand, Sanchez). We're in a sweet spot with Sanchez, Arsenal are effectively in a no win situation with him as its patently obvious he isn't gonna sign a new contract.

Yeah looks like I struck gold (no pun) with my seat; CB3, block 324 so the block between half way line and penalty area. Great, expansive view which I much prefer over being pitchside like I was last season. When you have Pep in charge, you need to see as much of the pitch as possible!

£299 to watch the football we dish up is an absolute joke. Could you imagine paying double or treble that to watch the dirge that Maureen orchestrates over in Salford? Smiley

I'm next door near the front in 323. Great view and much prefer being high up.

Standard ST  prices in 324  range from £565 to £715. Superb bargain you've got there.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 03, 2017, 09:17:59 PM »

Biggest price you can get on him being at a new club in Sept is 2.5. That bet would have looked really attractive about a week ago when he was odds on everywhere to move.  Hearing today (supposedly reliable Chilean journalist) that he is staying.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 03, 2017, 10:24:28 PM »

Biggest price you can get on him being at a new club in Sept is 2.5. That bet would have looked really attractive about a week ago when he was odds on everywhere to move.  Hearing today (supposedly reliable Chilean journalist) that he is staying.

Think that sounds about right. Looked promising a couple weeks ago but think its way more 50/50 at the moment.

Problem Arsenal have is do they want to have an unhappy £50m asset on their hands for a season? To then just lose him for nothing this time next year.....

Unless he pulls a 180 and signs a new contract, but that shit only happens in Hollywood.

Best Bitter.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 03, 2017, 11:02:03 PM »

Not trolling but that price for a season ticket is incredible value, so why is there or always seems to be on tv games a lot of empty seats dotted around ?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 03, 2017, 11:20:14 PM »

Not trolling but that price for a season ticket is incredible value, so why is there or always seems to be on tv games a lot of empty seats dotted around ?

Generally speaking, there isn't. Most games are sold out. Season tickets sold out just last week. Eastlands operates at almost maximum capacity every week.

However, City fans' punctuality is woeful, often rocking up 10 minutes after kick off and pissing off after 75 mins. This is a bone of contention amongst fellow blues. Admittedly, this can look pretty bad when we're on TV or on the highlights that night. Sometimes you see blocks with swathes of empty seats either early doors or late on, though that same block will generally look full at 25 mins in, or 65 mins in etc

I appreciate all that ^^^ sounds a bit silly but threads on blue moon about late arrivals/ early leavers can run for hundreds of pages Smiley

Obv there are other things like some people just not turning up, or a game not selling out. Cup games, including the early CL ones, will rarely sell out. Another issue is that whilst City have some cheap season tickets (my £299 being a perfect example), their standalone match day pricing can be ridiculously expensive for even the less glamourous games; wanting 50 quid for a visit from West Brom, or Stoke, or Burnley is just silly and that pricing structure really needs looking at.

Worth pointing out that the £299 season tickets are pretty limited, and you have no say over where you sit. It's just the club trying to fill single seats dotted around the stadium. So whilst this wouldn't be feasible for some people, it suits me perfectly. Direct debit too so its only £30 a month from July to April Smiley

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 04, 2017, 03:43:48 AM »

So those £299 seats are just for folks with no friends, right?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 04, 2017, 04:22:16 PM »

So those £299 seats are just for folks with no friends, right?

Confirmed.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: