blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:30:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272664 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 403757 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: January 15, 2017, 04:40:16 PM »

If city don't get top 4, currently the title odds show Chelsea Liverpool Tottenham arsenal shorter, and don't win the champions league, is pep gone
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 15, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »

If city don't get top 4, currently the title odds show Chelsea Liverpool Tottenham arsenal shorter, and don't win the champions league, is pep gone

Surely not pal he's a master tactician according to this thread! Plus has a fantastic eye for transfers, managed to grab Bravo who is great with his feet Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 15, 2017, 05:03:45 PM »

Pardiola, imo.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 15, 2017, 05:06:21 PM »

Back to Barca end of season when both teams fail to win anything meaningful  I reckon
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 15, 2017, 05:36:28 PM »

Best manager in the world they said
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 15, 2017, 08:01:46 PM »

Drama was always a fun subject at school Smiley

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 15, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »

Not me - AW has always been my man Smiley

I thought Pep did well in today's post-match interview btw although he might be well-advised to invest in a handkerchief.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 15, 2017, 08:21:04 PM »

Not me - AW has always been my man Smiley

I thought Pep did well in today's post-match interview btw although he might be well-advised to invest in a handkerchief.

Grin

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 16, 2017, 05:36:22 PM »

Last time I went Goodison was in 1996, the ground has not changed one bit the away end concourse still resembles York city in the 1990 away day trips, one loo literally two urinals, and 5,000 city fans wooden seats painted was quite embarrassing taking my lad to another one to visit on his list. Local pub was friendly Tom Frost, parking secure for £5.00 although we did see some £15.00 spots. Shocking second half performance, full backs no good, can't remember last time I seen Bravo make a shit stop save, Pep won't bring Joe back as he is to proud to be seen as wrong to let him go. Sure joe would have saved at least one of them goals yesterday. Sergio needs someone not the young lad ( can't spell him) Kelechi Iheanacho, too soon but why a club like City have no back up on the bench beats me. Sunderland next away day but they may be down by then.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 16, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »

As for the bigger picture, we are a fair way off at the moment. Some of the stuff we have played so far has been a total joy and right up there with the best I have ever seen in the many years I've been watching football. That's why I think he is a genius. But then there is the inconsistency - individually and as a team. Not surprising because a lot of what he preaches takes a long time to fully bed in.

As for personnel, the likes of Zaba, Clichy, Kolorov (despite his initial transformation)  are no longer up to it at the top level and replacements for them can only be around the corner.

Quoting myself from back in October after a heavy defeat in Barcelona following a couple of draws and a relative battering at Spurs. My view hasn't waivered.

Since then against the biggest teams we have won 2 (Barcelona & Arsenal) and lost 2 (Chelsea & Liverpool). The loss at home to Chelsea was my biggest disppointment of the season because it was such a good performance, made more diffcult by awful refereeing with a seasonal knock on effect and we should have put the game away in anycase before the meltdown. Then there was the horror show at Leicester and yesterday.

Yesterday, I thought we were playing well in the 1st half and clearly should have had a penalty as well but what happened in the 2nd half was comedy. Finally, I reached the end of my tether with Bravo. He has not had much to save in recent games because we have been really tight in terms of conceeding opportunities but when he does get the opportunity like yesterday he inspires zero confidence. My early defence of him on here was inspired by OTT criticism of him after just 1 game which is just plain stupid considering his CV.  Now I wouldn't be the remotest bit unhappy if Pep gives him some time out but suspect that won't happen. In Pep and the plan we trust etc...

Pleasing to hear today from probably the most  respected ITK on a City board that he will be signing an extension to his contract. Not a surprise in the slightest if he does and I really can't see him going anywhere - CL qualification or not - because the Club think he is the best for their plan. And that's a plan likely without 6 or 7 of the 10 over-30s in the squad. Far too many.

As for where we are so far, it is obviously disappointing to be out of the title race in January. Still, bang on par for the pre-season spread of 76 points and last 16 CL.  Currently 42 points which would have been good enough after 21 games for between 2nd and 4th place place in each of the last 10 seasons AND (with the exception of 1 season) a clear margin to 5th place. So different this season with the big 6 domination of the league so far.  2 of Mourinho, Guardiola, Wenger, Klopp and Poch to "fail" with the 1st 3 looking most likely at the moment.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 16, 2017, 07:13:30 PM »

Last time I went Goodison was in 1996, the ground has not changed one bit the away end concourse still resembles York city in the 1990 away day trips, one loo literally two urinals, and 5,000 city fans wooden seats painted was quite embarrassing taking my lad to another one to visit on his list. Local pub was friendly Tom Frost, parking secure for £5.00 although we did see some £15.00 spots. Shocking second half performance, full backs no good, can't remember last time I seen Bravo make a shit stop save, Pep won't bring Joe back as he is to proud to be seen as wrong to let him go. Sure joe would have saved at least one of them goals yesterday. Sergio needs someone not the young lad ( can't spell him) Kelechi Iheanacho, too soon but why a club like City have no back up on the bench beats me. Sunderland next away day but they may be down by then.

Can't disagree with any of that Smiley   Hoping Jesus hits the ground running.

I keep hearing there is more to the Hart story than just his goalkeeping and that there was another "issue" meaning he had to go.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:15:20 PM by Archer » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 17, 2017, 11:57:52 AM »

who might he be looking to offload?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 17, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »

who might he be looking to offload?

Contracts end this summer and all on their way:
Navas (31)
YaYa  (33)
Zabaleta (32)
Clichy (31)
Sagna (33)
Caballero (35)

Going into their last year of contract to 2018 are:
Fernandinho (31) - superb athleticsm and hopefully will get another 1 or 2 years
Kolorav (31) - hopefully on his way but seems to defy gravity year after year

After that for contracts ending 2019 and beyond it is harder: Fernando, Delph, Nolito (supposedly home sick and had a fall out). Bravo Smiley and  Kompany is a problem as well because of the injury woes.

Possibly a surprise as well with one of the big guns.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:27:34 PM by Archer » Logged
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 17, 2017, 07:29:04 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38656748

That's a lot of birthday cakes!
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 17, 2017, 07:57:27 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38656748

That's a lot of birthday cakes!

Possibly the last person I'd expect would turn down a big money move in his prime let alone in his current spot.

Maybe the 200 bags he gets per week for free at City are enough
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: