blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:05:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5581 5582 5583 5584 [5585] 5586 5587 5588 5589 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13480066 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83760 on: July 25, 2014, 08:14:34 AM »

The market is up

Lord Grumpy 4/5

Adz 3/1

Me 3/1

8/1 Bar

Nice 115% book with 4 runners no arbers or each way available Smiley

Chompy is going to be mortally offended, oioi. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #83761 on: July 25, 2014, 08:18:49 AM »

He is in the bar so to speak
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83762 on: July 25, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »

What will the ban be for calling the Clerk of the course a **** please?

Smiley

I'll bet you an even half crown that the poor old Goodwood Clerk of the Course, whoever he may be, or whatever he does, gets called a cock.

Who'll be first - Lord Grumpy, Adzy, Chompy, or you?

Wink

Good to see a Olympic Glory get an entry in the Sussex.  Connections know that Goodward in the middle of a hot spell in high summer is a good place to find his favoured soft ground.   Not sure why they bothered entering Toranado too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #83763 on: July 25, 2014, 08:27:53 AM »

Starting to come round to 8/13 Forest being a good price

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28466345

Thats another pre season friendly cancelled then, currently they have ONE game between now and the season starting against Burnley next Saturday.

Throw in the fact they will probably be very under cooked to still only have 8 players at the moment.

Be very hard to organise fixtures at this point even if they wanted to.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83764 on: July 25, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »

Starting to come round to 8/13 Forest being a good price

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28466345

Thats another pre season friendly cancelled then, currently they have ONE game between now and the season starting against Burnley next Saturday.

Throw in the fact they will probably be very under cooked to still only have 8 players at the moment.

Be very hard to organise fixtures at this point even if they wanted to.

It is bigger than Betfair too.  Would have thought any team would need a bit more time together too.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #83765 on: July 25, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »

Arsenal will rest their German players for the Crystal Palace game. Should we snaffle?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #83766 on: July 25, 2014, 08:31:06 AM »

A very long time ago - 2 years maybe? - & for reasons I can't recall, we backed, with Labrokes I think, the resuly of a hyped up potential match race betwen Usain Bolt & I've Forgotten His Name.

It never happened, of course.

Is the bet still, in theory, live, or did we get refunded?

I know Fred got on, & I imagine a few others did, too.

I managed to get £50 max on it, and when it was clear it wasn't going to happen I emailed Laddies who basically said it will stand til both are retired. However they chucked me £20 as a goodwill gesture!
They probably have latched onto my life expectancy being less than Usain Bolts remaining career.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #83767 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »

Shameless Seamus is a moron of the highest order. He will be pouring gallons on as we speak. There will not be a bloated reservoir in the Sussex area. Probably be lucky to get good/soft (described as good/firm) for day one.

Seriously upsets me this man. I love to punt at Goodwood but he seems intent on attempting to spoil it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:37:18 AM by Bad Beat » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83768 on: July 25, 2014, 08:34:24 AM »

A very long time ago - 2 years maybe? - & for reasons I can't recall, we backed, with Labrokes I think, the resuly of a hyped up potential match race betwen Usain Bolt & I've Forgotten His Name.

It never happened, of course.

Is the bet still, in theory, live, or did we get refunded?

I know Fred got on, & I imagine a few others did, too.

I managed to get £50 max on it, and when it was clear it wasn't going to happen I emailed Laddies who basically said it will stand til both are retired. However they chucked me £20 as a goodwill gesture!
They probably have latched onto my life expectancy being less than Usain Bolts remaining career.....

Brilliant.

So you'll get £70 in total? Genius.

Who was the other bloke in the supposed "match"?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83769 on: July 25, 2014, 08:35:08 AM »

Shameless Seamus is a moron of the highest order. He will be pouring gallons on as we speak. There will not be a bloated reservoir in the Sussex area. Probably be lucky to get good/soft (described as good/firm) for day one.

Seriously upsets me this man. I love to punt at Good wood but he seems intent on attempting to spoil it.

Weighed in.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83770 on: July 25, 2014, 08:38:43 AM »

Seriously upsets me this man. I love to punt at Goodwood but he seems intent on attempting to spoil it.

It does not take much to rev Lord G up first thing in the morning, he can be a right tetchy bugger. This'll help, too.

One of my lads goes out with the Trax Stick first but I always like to follow that up with my own three mile walk around the course, pushing my trusty walking stick into the ground. Ive instinctively learnt over the years from the feel of the turf what the going is likely to be and Im usually right, thank God.

http://www.sussexlife.co.uk/people/meet_seamus_buckley_goodwood_s_clerk_of_the_course_1_1570929

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:41:05 AM by tikay » Logged

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #83771 on: July 25, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »

It does not take much to rev Lord G up first thing in the morning, he can be a right tetchy bugger. This'll help, too.

One of my lads goes out with the Trax Stick first but I always like to follow that up with my own three mile walk around the course, pushing my trusty walking stick into the ground. Ive instinctively learnt over the years from the feel of the turf what the going is likely to be and Im usually right, thank God.

http://www.sussexlife.co.uk/people/meet_seamus_buckley_goodwood_s_clerk_of_the_course_1_1570929

Click to see full-size image.

Unbelievable, I wonder does he overall the Trax Stick? Which of course if they have one will be the official way to measure the going, what chance have us mere mortals got (unless of course you let Neil do all the hardwork). Law unto himself it sounds like.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #83772 on: July 25, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »

"pushing my trusty walking stick into the ground. Ive instinctively learnt over the years from the feel of the turf what the going is likely to be and Im usually right, thank God."

translates to

"i prod a 1920's stick in a few times if it goes in a bit i water all week, if it goes in a lot i still water most of it"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #83773 on: July 25, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »

another fav wins Sad
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #83774 on: July 25, 2014, 09:22:04 AM »

Race for Deeney very intense now.  Leicester still favourites I am told, and now we are trying to structure Vardy + King + £4 million for him.  Apparently West Ham are now in the race though following Carrolls injury with Everton outsiders.  Don't know if Swansea, QPR or Burnley will come back after having offers rejected.

Either way, seems unlikely Deeney will still be here next week given this level of interest.

Given this I think it is worth us having £5 e/w on Matias Ranegie to be championship top scorer at 100-1 with B365.  If Deeney leaves he will be a consistent starter up front in a likely high scoring team.  Last season when given the chance he scored a goal every other game and is a former Swedish international.   100-1 is wrong given the current transfer situation. 

Obviously if Deeney stay the bet is likely dead, but at 100-1 we should take the chance.
Pages: 1 ... 5581 5582 5583 5584 [5585] 5586 5587 5588 5589 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: