blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 144245 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »

HTC Sensation

Help

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2011, 03:52:26 PM »

Landed safe and sound back in Leicester last Saturday and had a lovely 'rest of the week-end' with Jack...despite his attempts to get me shopping.  I've said it 101 times on the forum, lost count of how many times I've said it in person, yet on Sunday - we went clothes shopping.  [ ] Yay!

There's actually a great wee shopping centre near here.  Probably not great by most people's standards, but works perfect for me.  Has exactly the shops I do head into once or twice a year and not much else to clutter the mind.  We'd to get a pair of trousers for Jack.  I called them 'pants'.  Luckily I hadn't said it too loud in the Men's Department of Marks and Sparks.  Apparently not quite the same translation from what I'm told.

Anyway.  Once we'd his 'trousers' bought, we wandered around the place til we hit the Women's Department.

"Have a look around."

"I've told you...I don't do shopping."

"Ah go on.  Here.  Try this on."

With that, a wee hat was propped on me head.  To be fair, it did look kinda cute.  Only I'd nothing to match it.  Sigh.  I stumbled across a top that might do and said I'd try it on.  Meanwhile, he'd another top found and told me to try that one too.  Fer feck sake.  He wasn't even keeping with the theme of 'match the hat'.  He was just randomly shopping! 

Off I went to try on the two tops and had made up my mind that one was deffo coming along and the other was a coin flip.  That's about the time the changing room clerk said, "Is there a Dawn in here?"  Sigh again.  I opened the curtain, put up my hand to say that was me and had two more tops landed into the hand.  He'd been busy.  With that, I'd a quick change to check out the next two and in my mind decided I'd get the coin flip one and leave the last two behind.  But I needed to change quick before he landed with more stuff.  Managed it and also managed to show zero interest in anything else during our wandering for fear he'd make me try it on.  Apparently I'm a let down to the entire female race when it comes to shopping.  Sorry ladies.  Just don't have it in me.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »

HTC Sensation

Help

Well, unless you want to spend a day here figuring it out, you'll have to wait until APAT Worlds at DTD.  Don't have a Sensation but I've an HTC Desire so it can't be that difficult to sort yours.  Since when did you become a Tikay?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »

HTC Sensation

Help

Well, unless you want to spend a day here figuring it out, you'll have to wait until APAT Worlds at DTD.  Don't have a Sensation but I've an HTC Desire so it can't be that difficult to sort yours.  Since when did you become a Tikay?

Since the last phone broke and I was eligible for an upgrade

I wanted the biggest screen with the best hope of using the internet on it

Was handed a Sensation

It's been downhill from there

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2011, 04:03:01 PM »

HTC Sensation

Help

Since the last phone broke and I was eligible for an upgrade

I wanted the biggest screen with the best hope of using the internet on it

Was handed a Sensation

It's been downhill from there

Well, get yer arse over here and we'll sort the phone for ya.  Just bring the stuff that came with it so I've half a hope and you should be cruising blindfolded by the time we're done.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »

Yesterday we went to visit Jack's ex mother-in-law in hospital.  Yep.  You read right.  He's been divorced with 13 years, yet he's still there for them if needed.  That's just the kind of guy he is and one of the reasons I fell for him.  I go with him nearly every week and don't mind it a bit.  Have even met a few of the ex-family (including the ex-wife) and they've all been grand.  Can be pretty comical though when ya try to explain who we're hanging out with for the evening.  Never a dull moment, even when it's something as simple as a hospital visit.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2011, 04:42:46 PM »

APAT Worlds at DTD end of this month will be my first live poker since that fateful trip to APAT Newcastle in April.  Really looking forward to it on soooo many levels!  Lots of friends to see and going to take the poker proper serious too for a change.  Not here on holidays any more.  Here for the long haul and need to cop on when it comes to the poker.  Looking forward to the challenge.  Be warned.  You might get a proper poker post some time soon.  WTF?!  lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »

And with that, the new week-end is here.  There's talks of pub, fry up and garden centre this week-end but not necessarily in that order and nothing set in stone.  Even if it's not great, we seem to find a laugh in things.  So whatever happens and regardless of the order...it'll be good.

That's 'most' of the latest.  If it's missing, it's because my brain's forgot.  If it comes back into the brain, I'll post it.  Otherwise it wasn't meant to be.  Either way, hope you all have a good week-end too.  xx

Rod

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2011, 06:18:40 PM »

APAT Worlds at DTD end of this month will be my first live poker since that fateful trip to APAT Newcastle in April.  Really looking forward to it on soooo many levels!  Lots of friends to see and going to take the poker proper serious too for a change.  Not here on holidays any more.  Here for the long haul and need to cop on when it comes to the poker.  Looking forward to the challenge.  Be warned.  You might get a proper poker post some time soon.  WTF?!  lol

Serious questions about this not sure if you want to answer them but if not you can always just ignore them :-)

Are you setting any poker goals for yourself?
What events are you going to play at DTD?
Now you are living in this country will you be trying to play more events as you are quite close to DTD?
Other than DTD and Vegas are you both planning on attending any further APAT's this year? (Luton?)

Non poker question

Are you still going to DTD on the Friday (that's two weeks today!!)? If so what time should we expect you?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »

Serious questions about this not sure if you want to answer them but if not you can always just ignore them :-)

Are you setting any poker goals for yourself?
What events are you going to play at DTD?
Now you are living in this country will you be trying to play more events as you are quite close to DTD?
Other than DTD and Vegas are you both planning on attending any further APAT's this year? (Luton?)

Non poker question

Are you still going to DTD on the Friday (that's two weeks today!!)? If so what time should we expect you?

I don't mind answering questions.  In fact, quite enjoy it as it means other people actually read these ramblings.

Poker goals?  Main thing is to take it more serious when I enter a live tourney.  I'd a bad habit of travelling over here from Ireland and thinking of it more as a holiday than a poker event.  In some ways it's good because I don't play scared.  But it's bad because I was also playing reckless and I know it.  Want to try and keep the 'fearless' whilst kicking the 'reckless' to the curb. 

Was thinking about it the other day and once I run out of DIY jobs to do around here, I'll take the online grind more serious too.  Right now I only play a couple of small league tourneys a week and I'm ticking away ok with them, but deffo not making a killing.  I used to play all day while kids were at school and quite enjoyed it.  When I enjoy it, I seem to play better.  But I've found I don't enjoy the odd one starting at 8pm or after any more.  Need the daytime play to bring the love of online back for me again.

For the Worlds I've only signed up to the 6 max so far.  Kicking around the Omaha as well, but I've not decided yet.  Been ages since I had a good gander through the PHA board, but always feel better for it when I make the effort.  Effort on PHA board first and then I'll decide. 

With the expense of Vegas, I'm not sure what else we'll play the rest of 2011.  DTD and APAT are preferences obv, but APAT Luton is the most likely one as it's nearby.  Nothing written in stone yet.

We arrive in Notts on Friday around 4pm.  Wouldn't miss that night out so check yer liver until Saturday.  Should be a great night!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2011, 09:31:31 AM »

Please help settle this morning's debate...

How many spaces should you put between sentences?

One or two - you decide.

Yes, I know...we reeeeeeeeeeeeally need to get out more   

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

not  2  2  2  2  2  2

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

not  2  2  2  2  2  2

After extensive research (bit of googling and a facebook poll) that seems to be the case.  However, I'd like to point out it wasn't always the case.  Conclusion...I'm old and Jack's a techno geek.  And Jack finally wins a debate.  I'll have to suffer through hours of random 'told ya so' grins now.  Marv.

marcro

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »

HTC Sensation

Help

Dump it and get an iPhone!
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »

I sat in the waiting room for well over an hour.  This seemed a bit odd because we'd been told once she was settled in, we'd be sent on our way and not to come back for a few hours.  I was dreading a few hours alone with Tim trying to make small talk, but already an hour had dwindled away and no clue what was happening.  

Eventually Tim landed out to tell me, "They're not operating today.  She's still too stuffed with the cold to go through with it."  

"Oh fer feck sake.  I KNEW it!  Told the pair of you last week she wouldn't be seen if that wasn't sorted."

"I know and that's all that's bothering her at the minute.  She's worried you're going to want to kill us now for making the wasted trip over."

"Sigh.  I'm not going to kill ye but I am going in to see her now.  And for the record - you ARE an eejit for not getting that cold cleared."

Off I went to see Sarah.  The poor girl was nearly in tears.  As it was, they'd kept me hanging about booking the trip with their talks of postponing the op and heading to Brooklyn, NY instead.  Got to the point where I was pretty stuffed on the airfare for this one and they knew it.  

Gave her a hug, "I'm not going to kill ya, ya eejit."

"Are you sure?  I'm sorry.  Dr. Leader said I'd be grand but they don't think I am."

"I know goose.  I knew ya weren't grand and would have been surprised if they'd gone ahead with it to be honest."

"So you're not cross?"

"Not at all.  But to be honest, I probably won't be coming back over for the re-scheduled date.  Not much point when only one parent can be with you, yeah?"

"I know.  Just glad you're not cross with us."

Is this serious?  Laxie were you serious when you said this???

Sorry Laxie ... I read this bit and and thought OMFG what parent can say this to their child?

I cant read anymore.

Sorry. That hurt to read.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:55:26 PM by HOLDorFOLD » Logged

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: