blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:56:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Cambridgealex World Series Auction SOLD OUT at 1.26
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cambridgealex World Series Auction SOLD OUT at 1.26  (Read 19649 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2012, 03:02:42 AM »

Busted 2.2k bounty in huge pot AKhh<TT in a standard spot. 5th comp out of 5 in vegas I've busted in dbl or treble avg pots. Not fun.

Still time to get out of it for the stake so not to worry, still #lovethegame Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »

Decided to swap todays 1100 for exactly the same comp this time next week. I feel like a day off from tournaments and also if I made day two, I'd miss the world series event tomorrow which I don't want to do.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »

TR from yesterday:

The 2200 was a 1700 plus 500 bounty, the field got 140ish runners, so first prize was in the $60k region. Felt like a really manageable field size and a winable comp, rather than the daunting fields the $1500 ws events get. I thought it'd be a soft field since it clashed with a ws $5k so I thought most of the sickos would be in that. Alas, it was actually quite tough and there were very few spots on the two tables I was on, and plenty of tough opposition - Trigg, Le Knave, Keith, Keys, ChipRich plus the guys I didn't recognise all knew what they were doing.

I chipped up nicely to get my 20k starting stack to 25k, then lost quite a big pot with (lost so many big pots with AK this trip, it's getting silly!). A dutch looking geezer in his 30s or 40s raised in early position (I think at 100/200/25) and I 3bet in late position to 1200 and he 4bet to 2600. We were 20k deep, I was in position and it was suited in blue so I thought I could profitably peel here, even though I think his range is quite nutted, it'll contain the odd bluff, plus hands where I have one or two overcards to hit plus vgood implied odds if I make a flush, so for 1400 more I thought it best to peel.

The flop was QQQ and he checked. I thought he probably had JJ/AK or a give up AJ, AT, KJ. Most likely the former range though. He SOMETIMES has AA and KK here and decides to check for deception, but I have two blockers so I basically discounted them from his range. No point me betting, I checked behind. The turn was a brick and he bet 3200. I can fold here, and perhaps should, but I felt he could just be taking a stab with AK, AJ, AT, and if he is betting JJ/TT I have 7 outs. I called and he bet 4500 on a blank river and I fold, seemed vunlikely I could ever be good anymore. I asked him after the table broke if he had Jacks and he said he did.

I then took a pretty insane line vs a really bad/think he's amazing, really FPS young player. I'd seen him 3b and utg opener from utg+1 with and then peel a 4b. He floated a cbet on Q96 checked behind K turn and then took a stab on A river.

In this hand Trigg raised utg (had been raising almost every pot since I'd been there, not much showdown except T8o which he raised utg+2. Villain peeled from MP and I was on the button with . I hadn't played a hand since I moved to the table, so I thought a squeeze would get a lot of credit, especially since Trigg has opened utg. I think Trigg's range is wide enough for this to get through a lot, there was deece antes at this stage too and I had a hand that can flop top pair, and the suited equity is quite important, can barrel lots of flops and turns with decent equity. Since the FPS guy peeled in the middle I don't like it so much, since he's less likely to fold that Trigg imo, but since I think he's pretty awful I don't really mind him peeling.

So Trigg folded and he called and the flop was . He checked I bet 2k into 4.8k. He raised to 5.2k. I had 16k back. He's repping almost nothing, 44, 99 and JJ he 3bets pre (perhaps not 99 but I discount it say 50%) he might peeled J9ss. It's such a thin range he's raising for value, having seen the T7o hand, I thought it more like to be an airball than a set. Also if he had a set or two pair, why does he need to raise when he can just let me hang myself, there's no bad turns and stacks are perfect for me to just b/b/j so I didn't think he'd raise a set there that often. I didn't want to shove and have almost no equity when called, I thought it'd be better to click it back to 8500 which looks super strong, I genuinely expected him to fold a high % of the time, but he snap shoved and I had to fold of course.

I'm not sure I like it since perhaps he's raising QT or T8 just to get it in, they're the only draws and I'm actually ahead of those hands. So maybe I should jam, I think that's probably better. I can't really bring myself to fold the flop vs this guy who's value range is so so narrow (almost non-existent) and my perceived range is so strong.

I think I probably got bluffed off the best hand and he had QT, I don't really know what the best play is. In before fold of course.

First big move I've made here and it went tits up - bit of a shame. But I've not built up big stacks in live tournaments in the past by just value betting, so it's part of my game and I usually pick my spots well - can't always work out though - sometimes you just run into a big hand, however unlikely it might be.

Anyway, we actually went on a fun spin up, doubling KK>33 then T9 vs 98 on T237, bricked the river, back to 25k which was just under average. Very next hand I get in vs TT in a totally standard spot and we brick despite turning a flush draw.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »

Trigg, Le Knave, Keith, Keys, ChipRich

How that work?!

You go all the way to Vegas & end up with that lot on your table!

PS - was great to see you yesterday, & all the boys. Never seen so may Brits in a Vegas room at the same time, everyone was there.

How did Shola get on?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2012, 08:54:28 PM »

How that work?!

PS - was great to see you yesterday, & all the boys. Never seen so may Brits in a Vegas room at the same time, everyone was there.

How did Shola get on?

She came 4th for 19.6k, everybody is losing except her so far!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »

How that work?!

How did Shola get on?
I think if you reg together you will be on the same table although you can ask for it to be mixed.  On my 1st day I regged for the Venetian 1k just after it started and saw Pab etc walking in behind us.  I was on Pab and LeKnave's table and I think Rich and Trigg were on same table.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2012, 01:10:37 AM »

J94 hand is pretty annoying he really shouldn't have a hand.

I guess his value rane would be 3 combos of qq+. J10+ (a lot of combos here) half the combos of 99/44 about 4 combos of 9x that he's just like fuuuuuuuu and then maybe 3 combos of q10 that he wants to spin. It's always more than you think when you actually go into the combos but think ur line in a vacuum is probably ok theoretically just sucks that when we fold we've done on a big part of our stack.

Gl in next one

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2012, 01:27:08 AM »

Knew you'd sympathise pads! #lovethegame

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »

Just got this:

"Hey thigh, hope yr good, could u post on my staking thread this message "turned up at rio to find a queue that I was told would be at least an hour and a half, which would mean starting with 4500 chips halfway through 25/50, plus all that time queuing, I decided to skip it and play the 1k at the Golden Nugget instead, on my way there now. Massive shame, but I think its the best decision all round and lesson learned, I'll know for next time to buyin b4"tyx

And say I'm swapping the two and will refund the 500 difference with mu. Didn't want to waste time getting every backers approval, made the excutive decision and I hope you all approve and understand."
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

Just sat down, decent wifi here so couldve posted anyway- thanks thigh all the same.

Disappointed because I was so well prepared for this, I went to bed early, had an early morning gym session and a swim, I feel fantastic. Had no idea there'd be such a queue to get in.

This Golden Nugget is good though, over 300 runners, so will be lots ftw. No bracelet though Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2012, 08:42:18 PM »

There is a bracelet actually!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2012, 09:17:53 PM »

Awesome - feel I'm destined to win this.

Seen Tikay on the next table though, probably have to settle for 2nd.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »

Sick field.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2012, 09:38:06 PM »

Sick field.....
The poshboy is bum hunting Tony. Don't listen to his long queue story Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2012, 09:43:48 PM »

Speaking of sick, just bet KJ8 with T9, turned the Q, bet, called a raise. River 4, he jams 2/3 pot.

I have 2nd nuts, he may have same hand, may have two pair. Or he's called me on the flop with a gutshot on a flushing board...

How can he call Tikay?!

Had to pay the man, now have 10k from 25k starting at 50/100 Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: