blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:45:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  State of the Forum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the Forum  (Read 30602 times)
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2008, 10:13:36 AM »

Why Blonde is a Family Forum for Me.

To say that my other half introduced me to Blonde, would be a massive understatement, Boldie and Blonde are an item and I knew that marrying into the Boldie family also meant marrying into Blonde.

On our first date, the chat was all about international economics and that really did worry me, so when, on subsequent dates, the conversation turned to poker and of course Blonde, this seemed far more acceptable and as the weeks and months went by I became intrigued….

Only a few months after we married, I was introduced to my first Blonde bash.  At that stage, although still intrigued, I had read very little of the forum and was, I don’t mind admitting, terrified at the prospect of meeting the family!  However, not only did I thoroughly enjoy the weekend, I really began to understand the reasons behind the obsession.  I met a lot of kind, friendly and fun people and from that day on have been reading, occasionally posting and even more occasionally playing on Blonde.

These days, you will quite often find us at either end of the dining room table of an evening both logged into Blonde, happy as Larry.

I never thought I would hear myself say that I would accept a Blonde/Blondes along with my husband into a marriage, but I have and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Tikay, I hope that your post inspires others to think of the positive effects the forum has on their lives as it did for me – perhaps that will make a small difference and dispel some negativity.

Wendy
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »

She's an eloquent one, my wifey Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »

I didn't think the forums were in such turmoil and would not have guessed that the mods were on Prozac due to the pressures that come along with looking after these small dwellings Sad

I do believe however Blonde and in particular the mods seem to be very eager to be transparent in all their decisions and try and please everyone. It's sometimes best just to do something and not have to explain it in simple terms to the troublemakers that complain at every minor alteration and change. We must trust those who have put in the time and efforts behind blonde and not give them a hard time.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

Carlsberg don't do poker forums.... but if they did

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »

+1

I know i'm a newbie but this forum is by far the best.

I've been a member of a lot of forums and the general tone of this one is far far better than anything else out there imho.

So much so that i'll now be playing all my STT's and MTT's at blonde poker.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:50:28 AM by pokefast » Logged

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2008, 10:48:33 AM »

+1

I know i'm a newbie but this forum is by far the best.

I've been a member of a lot of forums and the general tone of this one is far far better than anything else out there imho.

Yes, playing the forum challenge at the Virgin festival made a lot of us appreciate the fact we'd made a correct choice somewhere along the line in being here.
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2008, 10:54:11 AM »

I've never had an urge to play live poker either until i joined here but am looking forwards to joining a blonde bash,playing some rubbish poker and having a laugh.

Who knows i may even offer some extra value at one of these Luton tourneys that i often read about on here.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »

I've never had an urge to play live poker either until i joined here but am looking forwards to joining a blonde bash, playing some rubbish poker and having a laugh.

Who knows i may even offer some extra value at one of these Luton tourneys that i often read about on here.

That's just me and Kin mate..the rest of them actually try their pretty little socks off Smiley

Look forward to seeing you at Luton in september.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2008, 10:56:44 AM »

On our first date, the chat was all about international economics and that really did worry me,

Such a smooth talker is boldie.  

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »

On our first date, the chat was all about international economics and that really did worry me,

To be fair that'd be better than his normal patter Wink

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »

I bet he was playing FTSE under the table.
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »

I bet he was playing FTSE under the table.

Without a Guardian either!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »

It's all about getting the girl to have low expectations at the start...anything after that is an improvement and makes you look good, you see? Smiley

pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »

I've never had an urge to play live poker either until i joined here but am looking forwards to joining a blonde bash, playing some rubbish poker and having a laugh.

That's just me and Kin mate..the rest of them actually try their pretty little socks off Smiley

Luton September?

I feel i'm missing something?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »

Luton September?

I feel i'm missing something?

Blonde Bash 7, September 20th (that weekend) Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: