blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 05:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272849 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 145486 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2011, 09:28:26 AM »

obv if you have to have it then it should go in the cupboard however let's be honest, it's filth and really belongs in the bin

if your food tastes that bad that you have to disguise the taste with ketchup then your time would be better spent learning how to cook than worrying about where to store it

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »

obv if you have to have it then it should go in the cupboard however let's be honest, it's filth and really belongs in the bin

if your food tastes that bad that you have to disguise the taste with ketchup then your time would be better spent learning how to cook than worrying about where to store it

Show me a meal without tomato sauce and i will show you a shit meal.

Tomato sauce on everything apart from Indian food and Sunday dinners. Simples.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »

bump

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »

bump

Yer persistent, I'll give ya that!  Was only saying last night I need to get back here and post a catch up.  Will get to it over the next day or two...promise.

Notes to self...

Sue
Cat Lady
PW
DIY
Ireland
Home
Upcoming

Good god, I'll be ages at the catch up and promise there'll be no mention of ketchup!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2011, 12:47:26 PM »

Now then...where were we? 

For a start - Jack and I are still going strong in Leicester.  Despite all the DIY the poor man has been subjected to since I arrived, he's not given me the road.  To be fair, I think he was more concerned about my giving up the smokes.  He was a bit worried I'd turn into a cranky psycho.  Come to think of it, maybe that's why he's been so good about the DIY.  Fear of my 'snap' potential.   

But four weeks on without the ciggies, I haven't snapped and it's safe to say there's no fear of it now.  Well and truly happy.  Who woulda thunk it?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

Jack's sister Sue has been a great help with garden ideas and other stuff.  She's told me from the start to feel free to call over any time for a cuppa or whatever, but I've been 'woman on a mission' getting things done around the house.  Plus, I've still not figured out where she lives...despite it being just around the corner.  Sense of direction by me is pure and utter rubbish.  Luckily she calls over here now and then or we'd never have that cuppa.

Would be grand if it were straight forward getting around but there isn't just one way to get from A to B.  Jack's shown me every fecking way, besides sticking to just one.  Reckon it'll take another 6 months before I have a clue where I am or how to get where I want to go.  Good job I've lots to do around the house.  Keeps me busy until I figure out the area.  For a small place, it sure is big here.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:21:12 PM by Laxie » Logged

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »

Jack's sister Sue has been a great help with garden ideas and other stuff.  She's told me from the start to feel free to call over any time for a cuppa or whatever, but I've been 'woman on a mission' getting things done around the house.  Plus, I've still not figured out where she lives...despite it being just around the corner.  Sense of direction by me is pure and utter rubbish.  Luckily she calls over here now and then or we'd never have that cuppa.

Would be grand if it were straight forward getting around but there isn't just one way to get from A to B.  Jack's shown me every fecking way, besides sticking to just one.  Reckon it'll take another 6 months before I have a clue where I am or how to get where I want to go.  Good job I've lots to do around the house.  Keeps me busy until I figure out the area.  For a small place, it sure is big here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »

I've met the Cat Lady properly now!     But it wasn't loud music that broke the ice...it was washing up what did it.

We've a new power washer thanks to a late night fit of shopping madness Jack suffered a few weeks back.  I'd been itching to use it in the yard but had to wait until we got the proper attachment parts to do the job.  Once those were got, there was no stopping me. 

While I was at it, Cat Lady walked past.  I thought, "Marv.  She's going to give out to me now for starting this job so early in the day."  But she didn't.  Instead I was asked if I'd moved in and if so, she'd like to say "howdy neighbour" and introduce herself.  So now we're on a first name basis and I've this odd desire to keep the music down to a more respectable level so as not to upset her...or her cats.  Only a matter of time before I get to know a few more neighbours around here and then we can start organising the summer block parties.  Poor Jack.  He had such a peaceful life pre Laxie.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »

Ireland.  [ ] That was an easy trip to make. 

One jumbo size edit and delete later.  Went about doing the Ireland post, but that's going to take a bit of time and thought before I go at it.  Leave it with me and we'll get back to ya.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2011, 03:09:43 PM »

'Upcoming stuff' is an easy peasy post to do but I've to get meself together around here before we head out this evening.  So you'll have to wait for that one too. 

In the meantime, settle a debate for me...

Door handles - which way is correct?

A)  matching handles on each side of door

or

B)  different handles on either side to coordinate with décor?     

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »

A yer dozy fecker. X

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »

A yer dozy fecker. X

I agree.  Pity Jack doesn't.   idiot

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »

what sort of a loon would have different handles on the same door?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »

what sort of a loon would have different handles on the same door?

A Leicester Loon apparently 

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:10 PM »

A yer dozy fecker. X

I agree.  Pity Jack doesn't.   idiot

I think you've saved him just in time.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: