blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:12:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 1146 1147 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2206307 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17130 on: April 08, 2019, 12:58:48 PM »

Out of. Interest. Does anyone still reading this think Brexit will happen? Perhaps it's counterintuitive but I think the only route now is a second ref.

Define Brexit.

I think at some point in the next three years we will no longer be a full member state of the EU.

Haha. Would take a better man than me to do that. But your characterisation is good enough for me. On balance I don't think that will happen although I can see that a very very soft Brexit voted through in a second ref could get us to that point.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17131 on: April 08, 2019, 02:12:50 PM »

Plenty of praise this weekend for Peter Oborne's article.  Not quite what you'd expect from a Daily Mail political correspondent, albeit he's writing here in a personal capacity:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/i-was-strong-brexiteer-now-we-must-swallow-our-pride-and-think-again/

this is my view, in his words

"I readily accept that the European Union is a dysfunctional body beset by all manner of problems. But the lesson of the last two years is that we are much better off working inside the EU... for reform and not as a hostile neighbour."

combined with Cox's comments last week in which he (very belatedly) acknowledged the difficulty in undoing 45 years of integration with the EU. Could have done with that being recognised and asserted in 2016 rather than attempting to tell people it would be a piece of cake.

fun few days ahead to see if the talks May/Corbyn hammer out something that avoid no deal at the end of the week

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #17132 on: April 08, 2019, 02:22:16 PM »

Good to see you posting Tighty, hope you are well!
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #17133 on: April 08, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »

+1
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #17134 on: April 08, 2019, 03:50:43 PM »

Hopefully things will be alot clearer/happier by Friday. I'm off on hols Saturday and are waiting for the Pound to rise before buying currency  Cheesy
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17135 on: April 08, 2019, 04:31:26 PM »

+1

+1, hopefully we can get some sanity back here, if there is such a thing where Brexit is concerned.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17136 on: April 08, 2019, 06:07:24 PM »

+1

+1, hopefully we can get some sanity back here, if there is such a thing where Brexit is concerned.

Nice to welcome Rich back but you think the best way to get people to behave pleasantly is to call the general level of peoples contributions insane

Honestly think I'm the only normal person left here

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #17137 on: April 08, 2019, 06:19:08 PM »

Welcome back Tighty

I can’t help but feel that regardless of the outcome now, we are facing a turbulent future. A very soft ‘Brexit’ would possibly be the worst of all outcomes: Brexiteers would see it as no Brexit at all, whilst Remainers would continue to complain, suggesting that that this is a far worse outcome than Remaining in the EU. Both sides would be right, IMO.

So, in a nutshell, virtually no one would be satisfied.

I wonder if the extension period could be used to negotiate EU Reforms so that a “Remain in a Reformed EU” could be put on a new Referendum ballot paper? Yeh, I know, I’m just dreaming - or insane. One of the two.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17138 on: April 08, 2019, 06:25:42 PM »

It's not fair, you're all individuals except me.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17139 on: April 08, 2019, 06:34:10 PM »

+1

Nice to welcome Rich back but you think the best way to get people to behave pleasantly is to call the general level of peoples contributions insane

Define normal.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17140 on: April 08, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »

Welcome back Tighty

I can’t help but feel that regardless of the outcome now, we are facing a turbulent future. A very soft ‘Brexit’ would possibly be the worst of all outcomes: Brexiteers would see it as no Brexit at all, whilst Remainers would continue to complain, suggesting that that this is a far worse outcome than Remaining in the EU. Both sides would be right, IMO.

So, in a nutshell, virtually no one would be satisfied.

I wonder if the extension period could be used to negotiate EU Reforms so that a “Remain in a Reformed EU” could be put on a new Referendum ballot paper? Yeh, I know, I’m just dreaming - or insane. One of the two.

Nutter

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17141 on: April 08, 2019, 06:40:51 PM »

+1

Define normal.

Haha, sharp for an old timer.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17142 on: April 08, 2019, 08:43:22 PM »

Who suggested working as a “hostile neighbour” was a good idea?

The endless stream of these wazzock adjectives makes my head hurt and robs me of the opportunity to digest salient points.

A partnership where one party is hostile wont work. Thus saying working amicably in tandem with partners is better than being hostile is like something a chimpanzee would high-five. Brilliant intellect from the Daily Mail chappie.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17143 on: April 10, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »

May arrives at EU summit. Still clinging to idea that she can get her deal done insisting she’s not prepared to delay Brexit any further than June 30. Two minutes earlier the Lithuania President arrived & said EU 27 would agree to a long extension

In reality, the EU will impose a long extension on May and she will accept. Her deal doesn’t look like it will pass in HoC. So then what?

A new Tory leader takes the extension and starts again, or moves to no deal? After an election?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #17144 on: April 10, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »

May arrives at EU summit. Still clinging to idea that she can get her deal done insisting she’s not prepared to delay Brexit any further than June 30. Two minutes earlier the Lithuania President arrived & said EU 27 would agree to a long extension

In reality, the EU will impose a long extension on May and she will accept. Her deal doesn’t look like it will pass in HoC. So then what?

A new Tory leader takes the extension and starts again, or moves to no deal? After an election?

They had the ex PM of Finland on TV earlier. I liked his thought of 30th June is the final end date.

"Go back to the HoC Mrs.May and you have 3 choices.......EU deal, no deal or revoke."
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 1146 1147 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: