blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272645 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 310493 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: July 13, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »

Lift music of choice

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 13, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »

LOL don't tar my lovely sister with my destructive brush!

v good though!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 13, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

aarrggghh - lift music piuts me on LIFE TILT

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 13, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »

Tuesday 9.30am

His mood is even worse today.

Verbatim, he has just had the following conversation with me on the way to the Media Area

"Jeeves, what on earth does Kinboshi mean by On here tikay engages his viewers/readers/audience/groupies, talks about things in his own inimitable style, joins in a dialogue with those who respond, etc.  It's what he does well - and people love it.  ?"

"I'm not sure sir, why not ask him?"

"I can't ask him Jeeves, can I? I'll ring him up and get 20 minutes on the Hadron Collider, 10 minutes on the holocaust, 20 minutes on homeopathy, 12 minutes on religion and then 36 minutes on do I know anyone that wants a bleeding portrait photographer in Nottingham"

tikay paused as his step quickened and then the monologue resumed

"I've had enough of forums Jeeves. RNG this, rigged that. Everyone is so unintelligent. I just want to get my twitter count up and now I being told everywhere about my inadequacies on it and...Oh Jeeves!"

Just as tikay's bottom lip jutted out the tell tale sign of an incoming email alert punctured the silence. tikay looked at the screen and let out an audible sigh of frustration.

"Listen to this google alert Jeeves. On "Ladies in Poker forum" they are having a discussion on which Tena pads are best to wear when 3-betting light Out of position to an aggro raiser.  Jeeves, why don't they all talk about trains and cranes and bridges and nature and all the wonderful things the world has to offer?"

I was struggling for an answer, but I thought that it was best to be placatory at this point or else the day could become unbearable

"Sir, just be true to yourself, post what you like, do the best job you can. Don't worry about anyone else. If you lead, those you want to follow will follow. Don't worry yourself about the inner machinations of the man on the Clapham Omnibus, just be true to yourself"

"Yes but Jeeves" tikay cried. "Look at this..."

and he thrust the mobile internet screen close to my face. There, in front of me was the latest tweet from Stephen Fry which read

"Time for Cardiff Uni ceremony. The darlings are making me an hon fellow. Sweet Matthew Rhys & Michael Sheen have given me Welsh to say. Eek!"

I looked across at tikay. I feared an explosion was nigh

"Darlings, Jeeves! Darlings! That's the sort of model I am meant to follow. No Jeeves, I can't do it. Sod Kinboshi. Sod Boldie. Stuart Bipkin Binking Hopkin can do one too. I've had enough Jeeves. I will go and take my photos and tweet my tweets and listen to no one"

and with that he strode off, myself struggling to keep three paces behind and one pace to the left.

A long day ahead did indeed beckon.

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 13, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »

Tuesday 9.30am

Verbatim, he has just had the following conversation with me on the way to the Media Area

"Jeeves, what on earth does Kinboshi mean by On here tikay engages his viewers/readers/audience/groupies, talks about things in his own inimitable style, joins in a dialogue with those who respond, etc.  It's what he does well - and people love it.  ?"

"I can't ask him Jeeves, can I? I'll ring him up and get 20 minutes on the Hadron Collider, 10 minutes on the holocaust, 20 minutes on homeopathy, 12 minutes on religion and then 36 minutes on do I know anyone that wants a bleeding portrait photographer in Nottingham"

"I've had enough of forums Jeeves. RNG this, rigged that. Everyone is so unintelligent. I just want to get my twitter count up and now I being told everywhere about my inadequacies on it and...Oh Jeeves!"

Just as tikay's bottom lip jutted out the tell tale sign of an incoming email alert punctured the silence. tikay looked at the screen and let out an audible sigh of frustration.

"Listen to this google alert Jeeves. On "Ladies in Poker forum" they are having a discussion on which Tena pads are best to wear when 3-betting light Out of position to an aggro raiser.  Jeeves, why don't they all talk about trains and cranes and bridges and nature and all the wonderful things the world has to offer?"

I was struggling for an answer, but I thought that it was best to be placatory at this point or else the day could become unbearable

"Sir, just be true to yourself, post what you like, do the best job you can. Don't worry about anyone else. If you lead, those you want to follow will follow. Don't worry yourself about the inner machinations of the man on the Clapham Omnibus, just be true to yourself"

and he thrust the mobile internet screen close to my face. There, in front of me was the latest tweet from Stephen Fry which read

"Time for Cardiff Uni ceremony. The darlings are making me an hon fellow. Sweet Matthew Rhys & Michael Sheen have given me Welsh to say. Eek!"

"Darlings, Jeeves! Darlings! That's the sort of model I am meant to follow. No Jeeves, I can't do it. Sod Kinboshi. Sod Boldie. Stuart Bipkin Binking Hopkin can do one too. I've had enough Jeeves. I will go and take my photos and tweet my tweets and listen to no one"

and with that he strode off, myself struggling to keep three paces behind and one pace to the left.

Worse - he'll bang on & on & on & ON about "speed does not kill", when it's patently obvious to even the dumbest of dumb that it DOES.

Blood pressure rising inexorably here.

It's not me, it's everyone else, don't you see?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 13, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »

Yes sir, I do see

There there, lets go for a nice latte and a custard cream, just like that nice Mr Kirkland used to give you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2010, 06:04:20 PM »

Yes sir, I do see

There there, lets go for a nice latte and a custard cream, just like that nice Mr Kirkland used to give you.

Mr Kirkland, OBE, if you please.

Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »

Yes sir, I do see

Apologies, sir.

If it would make you feel better, we can talk about JCB's too, if you'd like?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »

Yes sir, I do see

Apologies, sir.

If it would make you feel better, we can talk about JCB's too, if you'd like?

Sigh. I assume you mean "Hydraulic Backhoe Excavators". "JCB" has become a generic term for all such machines. Which is so wrong.

Not all vacuum cleaners are Hoovers, are they?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 13, 2010, 06:08:42 PM »

You are SO argumentative today, too. Desist, please.

Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »

Yes sir. Henceforth I will only speak when spoken too. Or I spot a particularly nice pair to snap for your private collection

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 13, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »

Yes sir. Henceforth I will only speak when spoken too. Or I spot a particularly nice pair to snap for your private collection

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: July 13, 2010, 10:43:16 PM »

Tuesday 9.30am

Worse - he'll bang on & on & on & ON about "speed does not kill", when it's patently obvious to even the dumbest of dumb that it DOES.

I said 'speeding' doesn't kill. 

Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 13, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »

Tuesday 9.30am

Wink

Yes, repeatedly, & monotonously, mantra-like.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: July 14, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »

Tuesday 9.30am

Wink

Yes, repeatedly, & monotonously, mantra-like.

Obviously not often enough, as you continue to misquote me.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: