blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:37:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand Analysis/Coaching
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand Analysis/Coaching  (Read 4666 times)
Flash92

onesickhunt.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 06:04:33 PM »

Ash, welcome to blonde, you've had quite an entrance to PHA, you have to post more now, no lurking in the shadows for you anymore :-p

Ha, I'll try and come forward more! :p
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »

dramatics lol, think Pleno's dismissive nature has been clearly misinterpreted. Hes still a short git that doesnt drink beer though (definitely something wrong there). One of the best posters on here even though i disagree with him a fair bit, think thats what pushes a knowledge base on, good debate.

Reality is variance is pretty huge at smallstakes due to normally lower winrates (tougher games believe it or not- due to rake and player pool), a few years ago id have said 100k hand sample was sufficient. Id go with minimum 250k and preferably 1/2mil before you see anything converging towards true win/lossrate.
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »

a lot of over-reactions here imo.

Over-reaction to Pads' initial post, and an over-reaction from Pads' to the over-reactions, and if i'm honest a lil over-reacting to Pads' over-reacting to everyones initial over-reaction.

^^ This x1000000

Only thing I want to say is to remind everyone that Patrick spends many hours of his time every week giving away his knowledge for free on PHA.

Agree with Stu and Dave here.

Threads like these are embarrassing for the community as a whole, and not at all productive. If somebody has an opinion about Pads or his demeanour on the forum, make a thread about it. Don't de-rail a thread which could potentially have been a great example of community spirit, instead it's been brought back down to personal opinions ONCE AGAIN.

Sometimes I feel like certain members of this forum lose perspective entirely and forget the reason why we are all here in favour of fulfilling their own petty personal vendettas.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:35:03 PM by Nit Tendencies » Logged

Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »

As far as actually helping this clearly friendly lad out, I'm not sure I can post anything which will do the post itself justice because I think that it would take far too much time to post in detail about the nuances of LSNLHE.

What I will say though Flash, is that I converted to cash games about a year ago, starting at $25nl to get my head around it, and now play higher but if you want me to do a sweat session on Team Viewer with you I'd be happy to do that (as I find it actually helps me to vocalise strategy) and I can point out some of the more fundamental problems with your game that may be hindering your progress, and more importantly highlight the things that you are doing well and briefly explain how to capitalise on them.

I'd take Pleno up on his offer too, as he is much better than me and has actually coached me in the past and I've found it very helpful. Just PM me and I'll give you my Skype name if you're interested.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: