blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 160581 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2015, 02:26:51 PM »

I think it wasn't to show how nasty Ramsey is (we all know that) but how quickly Sansa's 'new found power' or status as a 'player in the game' can be ripped away from her.

Disagree with this.

If anything it shows Sansa is more willing to play the game as she went knowingly into that situation. She'll come out of this stronger imo.

That's actually true. Or at least, it could be. Definitely a valid interpretation. She entered the marriage 'knowing' it wouldn't be comfortable, but did she know it was that bad? I guess the 'this is my home, you can't frighten me' bit supports this for sure.

I guess we'll find out Wink

I pretty much got this too. I probably would have had a bigger problem with the scene if I didn't still hold out hope she is ultimately going to do something badass in revenge.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »

Lots of people were upset by that scene, and while I completely understand why, I just don't get how anyone can make it through five seasons and still be sensitive to it. 

Lol at anybody who was upset by that but didn't bat an eyelid when he set his Rottweilers on that peasant bird with his crossbow bolt buried in her stomach a few seasons back.

I think compared to that, what he did to Reek and also those fellas he skinned this was pretty tame.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »

Littlefinger, in spite of his tilting accent at times, is the best character (in the TV series).

Discuss.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »

'Best' is very strong, but very good character, despite accent.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »

Littlefinger, in spite of his tilting accent at times, is the best character (in the TV series).

Discuss.

Certainly got me intrigued what his plan is and will no doubt play a massive part in whatever the big WTF moment is this series, but there are about ten people I find more entertaining. Tyrion, Jamie, Khaleesi, Cersei, Bronn, Ramsey, Roger Baratheon all immeditaly spring to mind.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2015, 04:06:07 PM »

Roger Baratheon?
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »

I genuinely can't decide between:

Bronn, Queen of Thorns, Arya, Littlefinger, Tyrion and Cercei.

I don't think I've ever seen a show where I had such a long list of 'faves' I couldn't decide between. I also really can't decide if Cercei is planning to destroy Littlefinger, or the other way round.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2015, 04:19:02 PM »

Roger Baratheon?

Suddenly got quite interesting for me after four series of being the 'oh it's him I can put the kettle on' guy. I think it was when he started correcting people's grammar.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »

I genuinely can't decide between:

Bronn, Queen of Thorns, Arya, Littlefinger, Tyrion and Cercei.

I don't think I've ever seen a show where I had such a long list of 'faves' I couldn't decide between. I also really can't decide if Cercei is planning to destroy Littlefinger, or the other way round.

Surely Tyrion is everyone's favourite? But yeah, the show has many times killed people I'd assume were unkillable only to reveal there are still 10-20 great characters who nicely help us forget about them.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2015, 04:23:46 PM »

Roger Baratheon?

Suddenly got quite interesting for me after four series of being the 'oh it's him I can put the kettle on' guy. I think it was when he started correcting people's grammar.

think you mean Stannis Wink
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »

Tyrion

Cercei

Arya

in that order

doubt anything will ever beat the red wedding. one of THE great TV episodes in any series ever

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »

for not entirely unselfish reasons I'll be absolutely gutted if Natalie Dormer (Queen) meets her demise at hands of Cercei's genius plan to destroy house tyrell
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »

Roger Baratheon?

Obviously he isn't that interesting then
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2015, 05:35:39 PM »

Roger Baratheon?

Obviously he isn't that interesting then

I think Bronn is a great character, and beautifully acted as well.

Tyrion though is undoubtedly the best character. I like that there's little love for John Snow, the 'conventional' hero.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2015, 05:50:15 PM »

Tyrion though is undoubtedly the best character. I like that there's little love for John Snow, the 'conventional' hero.

Dullsville Arizona. eye candy, allegedly, but such a dour character. albeit that fits in with the location he's at. 

though its about to get fun for Mr Snow.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: