blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:31:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2648 2649 2650 2651 [2652] 2653 2654 2655 2656 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6365207 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39765 on: September 29, 2014, 12:34:07 PM »

Think you will enjoy this Tikay, David suggested it on the Tv Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jmx7l/marvellous

Thanks John, someone told me about this chap.

I'll have a watch tonight, thank you.

I employed a young lass with cerebal palsy once, she effectively only had use of one arm, & even that was wobbly. JNK went apeshit at first. To be fair, I did employ her as a typist.......

Anyway, she was the best kid you could ever dream of employing. She wanted to PROVE she was as good as anyone else, & she typed as fast as anyone, but with one hand, & just spent all day trying to help others. In 5 years with me, she went into hossie 11 times to have her "useless" arm re-set, but she never once complained.

I don't exactly know what "salt of the earth" means but she was proper salt

Interestingly that has two rather contradictory meanings.

So it would seem. Help yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_of_the_earth

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39766 on: September 29, 2014, 12:43:08 PM »

So we can assume there is still plenty of exploitave mileage in Minecraft, Microsoft don't pay 2.5 Billy for a dead duck.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're being faux naïf.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39767 on: September 29, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »

So we can assume there is still plenty of exploitive mileage in Minecraft, Microsoft don't pay 2.5 Billy for a dead duck.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're being faux naïf.

Not at all Dr Marbles, you'll need to explain.

Could it be that they are trying to kill the opposition for some self-serving reason?

I can just imagine you being a Minecrafter, with all those infinite (but not infinite) horizons.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39768 on: September 29, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »

In 2007 Microsoft paid $6.3bn for a company called aQuantive - five years later they wrote down the value of the acquisition by, er, $6.2bn...

They've also recently paid $7bn for Nokia, and that's hardly in robust health.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39769 on: September 29, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »

In 2007 Microsoft paid $6.3bn for a company called aQuantive - five years later they wrote down the value of the acquisition by, er, $6.2bn...

Ahh, gotcha, my Irony-Meter is in for repair.

I'm sure they make a mistake or two along the way, but when you make $22 billy in a year, as Microsoft do, they are hardly betting the shop. Maybe they collect a few duds along the way, but the end result seems quite impressive to me. 

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #39770 on: September 29, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »

My 9yr old grandsons are both hooked on Minecraft and Clash of Clans**

I attempted to learn how it all worked so that I could join in with them occasionally. Epic fail.

The one that lives with us is especially hooked on videos by a gent called stampylongnose who makes a living through his YouTube channel.

See his interview on BBC Breakfast here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rICmWVI8Dm8

There are many others making similar videos.

** Clash of Clans isn't a sandbox game, it's more of a conflict/adventure game. Played on the ipad, you can download a basic version for free if you want to.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39771 on: September 29, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »

I'm sure they make a mistake or two along the way, but when you make $22 billy in a year, as Microsoft do, they are hardly betting the shop. Maybe they collect a few duds along the way, but the end result seems quite impressive to me. 

Monopolies are great
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39772 on: September 29, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »

I attempted to learn how it all worked so that I could join in with them occasionally. Epic fail.

The one that lives with us is especially hooked on videos by a gent called stampylongnose who makes a living through his YouTube channel.

** Clash of Clans isn't a sandbox game, it's more of a conflict/adventure game. Played on the ipad, you can download a basic version for free if you want to.

Don't. Whatever you do don't do that.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #39773 on: September 29, 2014, 01:21:32 PM »

Think you will enjoy this Tikay, David suggested it on the Tv Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jmx7l/marvellous

Baldock recommended it, I merely posted a link.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39774 on: September 29, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »

Thank you David, but I'm not even going to look, just thinking about Minecraft has caused my varicose veins to play up. 

I did look up "sandbox games", could not help myself.

Guess where I found it?

Techopedia

There must be a pedia for everything these days. I discovered Murderpedia last week. (Very good it is, too).

Maybe there is a sexpedia, an allotmentpedia, a pylonpedia or even a pokerpedia?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39775 on: September 29, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »

Don't. Whatever you do don't do that.

No danger of that Alun.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39776 on: September 29, 2014, 01:29:55 PM »

Monopolies are great

To the victor, the spoils & all that, & if they beat the rest, good luck to them, that seems fine to me, even if the EC Commission takes umbrage with them.   

I have no issue with successful (near) monopolies such as Microsoft, Apple, google, & Ryanair.

I fancy we'd best not debate that one.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39777 on: September 29, 2014, 01:36:34 PM »

Monopolies are great

To the victor, the spoils & all that, & if they beat the rest, good luck to them, that seems fine to me, even if the EC Commission takes umbrage with them.   

I have no issue with successful (near) monopolies such as Microsoft, Apple, google, & Ryanair.

You feel we would violently disagree? I'm not so sure. Would you class either Apple or Ryanair as a (near) monopoly? Not sure I would.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39778 on: September 29, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »

A lad I play small-ball SNG's with - (he only plays up to £3, but I'm a High Roller, I go as big as £10) won a Freeroll yesteday using his "points", & ended up playing the £110 entry £30,000 Super Roller last night.

He was bricking it, & wrote to me for advice.

I can't give poker advice, all I could do was make soothing noises, "don't play scared, enjoy" etc.

First job I did this morning was look up the result - he finished 20th, for £278.

It's not exactly Plinop-land, but to a lad with a £20 or £25 bankroll, never paid more than £3 to enter any poker thing, that is HUGE.

We were all there once, too (I'm working my way back), do you remember the buzz you got from that first "big" win? I certainly do, every tiny detail, where what when & how.

Amazing how addictive it is too, once we've had that first bink. 

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #39779 on: September 29, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »

Monopolies are great

Apple aren't a monopoly, they just have incomprehensibly high customer loyalty

Isn't the issue that you can't assess them as having that good judgement if a company just happens to get lucky with timing and is able to corner the market before anyone else realises how important that market is going to be?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 2648 2649 2650 2651 [2652] 2653 2654 2655 2656 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: