blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The most admired person in Great Britain is........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The most admired person in Great Britain is........  (Read 14357 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 02:40:58 PM »

A loveless woman who chose duty over her children, married to an unfaithful bigot, mother of charles - an inbred (related to queen victoria through mummy and daddy) religious crackpot who meddles in political affairs and andrew a freeloading arrogant confidant of paedos.

Still we cant blame charles as he was raised by palace staff and barely knew his mummy's touch as she felt world tours and duty to be more important than showing her son love.

A woman credited with preserving the monarchy yet whose brood's completely ham-fisted attempts at moral living brought it into the worst public standing imaginable.

Who can blame them, with dear old betty as an absent mother, and an adulterous bigot as a father they had every disadvantage in life.

Still good to know we keep her in the financial and material comfort 99% of people can only dream of.

Food banks and double dip recession? Tally ho, innit.

Dispicable woman.

<3 this post.  

Probably the 2nd most uneducated and ill-informed post I've read on this forum.

Geo

<3 this post.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

Why do people admire the Queen?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

Because she married a Greek Wink

Ah! The element of surprise
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

Yes, I can see why that would show commendable courage, bravery and self-sacrifice in some circumstances.

Smiley

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 02:52:55 PM »

I admire the Queen, and to some extent all of the Royal Family, greatly

To admit so on here (which must be a very unusal place for a collection of British people in being quite anti-royal. Perhaps supporters just keep their traps shut) sometimes seems to open you up to ridicule and occasionally abuse though

Apart from being born and living until she's old, what has she done to warrant admiration?

You can admire and support the idea of the monarchy, but to admire that woman when she is only in her position by accident of birth is perverse.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 02:55:01 PM »

To admit so on here (which must be a very unusal place for a collection of British people in being quite anti-royal. Perhaps supporters just keep their traps shut) sometimes seems to open you up to ridicule and occasionally abuse though

Apart from being born and living until she's old, what has she done to warrant admiration?

You can admire and support the idea of the monarchy, but to admire that woman when she is only in her position by accident of birth is perverse.

I suppose for me, a lot of it is about what she hasn't done.

The older I get, the better I was.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 02:55:04 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

I don't particularly, but I think it's a massive stretch to call her despicable.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 02:57:45 PM »

Which is?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 02:57:59 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

I don't particularly, but I think it's a massive stretch to call her despicable.

If she's done anything that warrants people to think of her as despicable - then fair enough (not sure what those things are, except for producing Charles and bringing him up to be the loon he is).  It's the other side I don't see any evidence for though either.  Why the admiration?

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 03:00:10 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

Yes, I can see why that would show commendable courage, bravery and self-sacrifice in some circumstances.

Smiley

Exactly my point Kin.

Ah! The element of surprise
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

Smiley

Exactly my point Kin.

Your missus deserves a bloody medal.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 03:02:07 PM »

I don't particularly admire the Royal family but I'm happy enough with them, I just don't hate them with a passion.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »

OK, I'll bite. 

Personally, I think she gets short shrift. Yes, she is born in to her title etc, however we can't fault her for that. No point asking "who would turn down the opportunity" as the haters will spout that they wouldn't accept the title etc, etc. However unless you have been in that position yuou'd never know.

My admiration is what she has done with that honourable postion. Whilst she potentially does have a veto on all things political, she leaves the politicians to get on with it and I don't think it has been evidenced that she has.

Whilst others see it as "A Jolly" when she visits other countries, this is, in effect, her occupation for want of a better phrase. Her visits are no different than trade delegates from countries or businesses encouraging trade with the UK. In itself that's quite a task as we as a Country manufacture very little these days.

This bit A loveless woman who chose duty over her children, is simply incorrect and one of the biggest pieces of nonsense I've read. She has always had a great interest in all her family.

Are we saying that any mother who chooses to send their kids to boarding schools and the like are loveless women.

I certainly wouldn't put the Royals on the top of my list in the admiration stakes, I do however understand and respect their position. If they abuse that position and it is proved then I lose any respect I had for them.

And yes, I have met most off the Royal family and have actually spent a whole day with Her Majesty and Charles in the hills at Balmoral and can assure the doubters there is a strong mother/son bond.

Of them all I most admire Anne, I have sat in her company on many ocassions and rarely will you find a better conversationalist.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »

I think to some people its an anachronism that a system that of inherited privilege and power should have retained its popularity.

consistently polls have shown support for a republic to be running less than 20% across the UK

perhaps respect is a better word than admire in this case

whilst of course the hereditary aspect of it is difficult to defend per se I think she's a terrific ambassador for the UK, has fulfilled her duty for over 60 years home and abroad through enormous social, demographic and economic change and through it all gives Britain a long-held standing in the world.

During the jubilee two years ago, a massive success, towns went nuts for the Queen. Thousands lined the streets, hung out of windows, climbed lamp-posts to catch a glimpse of their monarch.

if you were looking at the comments section of a national newspapaer of the bbc when these issues come up you'd be in receipt of heavy flak for espousing republican type sentiments. Here the reverse can be true, very interesting

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 03:10:15 PM »

I think to some people its an anachronism that a system that of inherited privilege and power should have retained its popularity.

consistently polls have shown support for a republic to be running less than 20% across the UK

perhaps respect is a better word than admire in this case

whilst of course the hereditary aspect of it is difficult to defend per se I think she's a terrific ambassador for the UK, has fulfilled her duty for over 60 years home and abroad through enormous social, demographic and economic change and through it all gives Britain a long-held standing in the world.

During the jubilee two years ago, a massive success, towns went nuts for the Queen. Thousands lined the streets, hung out of windows, climbed lamp-posts to catch a glimpse of their monarch.

if you were looking at the comments section of a national newspapaer of the bbc when these issues come up you'd be in receipt of heavy flak for espousing republican type sentiments. Here the reverse can be true, very interesting

Possibly because poker players are more intelligent on average than a cross section of the general public.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: