blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:57:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO - Raise to isolate or call for action?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO - Raise to isolate or call for action?  (Read 1262 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »

2/4 omaha and I'm BB. I'm sat quite shallow on $250ish.

I'm dealt:

There's 2 callers and the SB makes up.

I pot it up to $20 and the original callers both flat.

SB who's short stacked on $78 reraises all in and it's down to me. The other 2 in the pot both have me covered.

Do I shove to get rid of them but happy if they call or do I flat the $78 hoping to keep them in but maybe face tough decisions oop on the flop.

Also is this is hand that we should be happy to get everything in pre no matter what the action and how deep we are?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 07:24:59 PM »

raise get it in there

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

raise, the shortsack will think your a moron if you don't. you should raise definitely. I wouldn't 4 bet all in with it usually. Only hands i definitely want to get all in pre are AAxx and 78910 ds or similar run down ds.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 07:37:42 PM »

pot

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 07:41:19 PM »

I'm dealt:

SB who's short stacked on $78 reraises all in and it's down to me. The other 2 in the pot both have me covered.

Do I shove to get rid of them but happy if they call or do I flat the $78 hoping to keep them in but maybe face tough decisions oop on the flop.

Also is this is hand that we should be happy to get everything in pre no matter what the action and how deep we are?

Play full stack or super shallow tbh. A medium stack is the hardest to play.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

insta pot

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 12:34:36 AM »

I put up a similar hand a while back and didn't get too many enlightening answers.

Personally I just stick it in here...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 12:35:42 AM »

I'm dealt:

I read that much of it, get it in.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 12:46:47 AM »

I'm dealt:

To the first bit jus smash it in to isolate v ss.

To the bold bit definetly (sp?) not, only if your short.
The only hand id wanna get it in pre deep with is aa or quality rundowns 9tjq ds or something similar.

BTW were you playin on ipoker? Cos these shorties are doin my nut in, sitting with 80 doubling up then fucking off.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 10:03:07 AM »

I'm dealt:

To the first bit jus smash it in to isolate v ss.

To the bold bit definetly (sp?) not, only if your short.
The only hand id wanna get it in pre deep with is aa or quality rundowns 9tjq ds or something similar.

BTW were you playin on ipoker? Cos these shorties are doin my nut in, sitting with 80 doubling up then fucking off.

Yes it was on ipoker. I know what you mean about the shorties but this one was so weak he was worth having on the table.

He'd pot raise to half his stack then fold to a reraise. Go figure??

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »

btw I shoved, bigger stacks folded, I won.

Happy days.

If we were deeper, say $1k and potted then got re raised are we laying this down? Can we put anyone on AA because of the earlier flat calls? Surely I'm the one that people would put on AA having potted twice so we'd expect to be up against 9tjq ds or similar where we are a good favourite.

Should we just flat call if deeper and play the flop? If we flat it may show weakness to the other two who then know that we're not on AA so could raise the pot to isolate? Do we then fold?

I think I've asked too many questions. Just needed to put my thoughts down really.

I don't often play very deep so need to get a few things straight before I start doing it more often.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »

btw I shoved, bigger stacks folded, I won.

Happy days.

If we were deeper, say $1k and potted then got re raised are we laying this down? Can we put anyone on AA because of the earlier flat calls? Surely I'm the one that people would put on AA having potted twice so we'd expect to be up against 9tjq ds or similar where we are a good favourite.

Should we just flat call if deeper and play the flop? If we flat it may show weakness to the other two who then know that we're not on AA so could raise the pot to isolate? Do we then fold?

I think I've asked too many questions. Just needed to put my thoughts down really.

I don't often play very deep so need to get a few things straight before I start doing it more often.

always re pop in this situation. good players may pounce if you show weakness by calling and why would you want to call and play out of position?. Occasionaly you will run into an AA played funkily but your unlikely to be in desperate trouble even then.

Nice situation here with 25% of the pot being free money, force them out.

If you have weak shortstackers you should look to create situations just like these, i see so many people make a pot bet that is more than half a shortstacks stack who will likely shove, i hope they feel stupid when it gets back to them with 4 callers waiting to bust their aces knowing he can't raise them again. Another one i like is flatting a raise with AAxx knowing the shortstack is likely to shove and we can do real damage when it gets back to us and we have cloaked aces if it doesn't get raised that might win a big pot.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:18:52 PM by ACE2M » Logged
TheFlame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »

I'm dealt:

I am always getting it in.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: