blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.  (Read 136623 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »

Fair points, so its not true then?

Sorry, I thought it WAS common knowledge.

i've no idea i havent seen a poker player since Leeds
but with tighty and greeksten making seperates posts about it i think its common knowledge

but i still want to know why on earth anyone would ever key log there own lappy

Errm to steal passwords...

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »

but with tighty and greeksten making seperates posts about it i think its common knowledge

not sure about you guys but i cant remember the last time anyone asked to borrow my laptop to play poker
dont most f the internet pros take there own lappy with them when they travel
so it seems so random a thing to do install a key logger on the off chance someone wants to play on it

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »

not sure about you guys but i cant remember the last time anyone asked to borrow my laptop to play poker
so it seems so random a thing to do install a key logger on the off chance someone wants to play on it

I've seen a lot of people play on others' computers. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »

+1

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2009, 10:01:35 PM »

A question about grimming in general pls. If you have a guy who has a rep for stealing money and generally defrauding poker players how can that guy be out and about on the poker circuit? And why is the subject talked about in hushed tones? And why just avoid them and look the other way? Whatever happened to battering someone like that? There seems to be a strangely passive attitude to this issue and continuing to play cards with such people seems to be part of the problem. Whether that be in tournaments or indeed HU.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »

A question about grimming in general pls. If you have a guy who has a rep for stealing money and generally defrauding poker players how can that guy be out and about on the poker circuit? And why is the subject talked about in hushed tones? And why just avoid them and look the other way? Whatever happened to battering someone like that? There seems to be a strangely passive attitude to this issue and continuing to play cards with such people seems to be part of the problem. Whether that be in tournaments or indeed HU.

As far as i know the grimmer did get a kicking this time, along with the disappearance of his passport (pretty com imo)

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2009, 03:48:55 AM »

I asked a Cake skin to review their P2P policy.  I was considering putting a few people up on their site, so wrote to them declaring my interest, asking for guidance on how I should operate to keep within the rules etc.

To withdraw a P2P transfer, you have to earn X number of points per $ withdrawn.  They also told me they wouldn't be happy with the concept of having a player "back" others and to stand by whilst considered the position.  I am still waiting for a reply.

So all things considered, Cake would be the end of SAS.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2009, 05:00:18 PM »

Quick update.

We've been really surprised - pleasantly - by the number of approaches we've had, some from the most unerxpected of quarters.

Tighty has been flat to the boards, responding to, & having dialogue with them all.

Discussions continue, & some new suitors have emerged, so the process will continue for a while yet.

Our way forward will depend on how these discussions continue.

I must give thanks to some guys who have been most supportive.

I already mentioned Joe Beevers, who has spent much time advising us on some stuff, (with no self-interest), & it's been the same from DTD. Simon called & wrote, Rob wrote to me from Portrugal to say if we needed help, just say, & Nick Whiten rings daily to see if he can help.

Wht has really taken me back is how many people have e-Mailed me to say they are about to start a new Skin on i-Poker. I had 4 such e-Mails, & for everyone who wrote to m to say that, I wonder how many did not.

Interesting times.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »

This needs its own separate thread imo. This is such a pet hate of mine.

Despite the face that we are gamblers I have always thought (obv wrongly) that there was a gentlemans agreement that any gambling debts are honoured, including loans.

I have been disappointed to find that this is rarely the case as far as I can see/hear.

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »

Despite the face that we are gamblers I have always thought (obv wrongly) that there was a gentlemans agreement that any gambling debts are honoured, including loans.

I have been disappointed to find that this is rarely the case as far as I can see/hear.

I wish this was true
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »

I asked a Cake skin to review their P2P policy.  I was considering putting a few people up on their site, so wrote to them declaring my interest, asking for guidance on how I should operate to keep within the rules etc.

To withdraw a P2P transfer, you have to earn X number of points per $ withdrawn.  They also told me they wouldn't be happy with the concept of having a player "back" others and to stand by whilst considered the position.  I am still waiting for a reply.

So all things considered, Cake would be the end of SAS.

you can always move money around in another way,e.g. neteller

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »

I wish this was true
+1
faireycakes

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »

I sat and read through this the other night, all appears rather rubbish to be honest,
It does however sound pretty promising with regards to finding a new card room home, Ill try and keep some money saved for wherever that new home shall be.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »

you can always move money around in another way,e.g. neteller

Cheers, seems getting it off the site is difficult too.  Several days at a time so far Sad

JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »

It wouldn't be just playing. With such large sums of money often in players accounts there are many ways that criminals will try and scam you. There have been a number of high profile cases involving issues with people pretending to be someone else on AOL or MSN to get transfers and there was also a case that I heard about that happened in a US card room.

Players are often doing exchanges PS > FTP etc and some times for cash. Say you were approached in a live card room by someone you thought you knew and they wanted dollars on FT for example. They get out $500 in cash and ask you do do the transfer. You say that you will do the transfer as soon as you get back to your room as you are involved in a game/ tournament, but they want the money online now as they want to play. So they get their laptop for you and whilst they look away you log in, make the transfer, and log out again. When you get back to your room a few hours later your account is empty.

The safest thing is never do a transaction with someone unless you know and trust them 100% and you have SPOKEN to them and also do it on a machine that you are 100% sure is clean.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: