blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272655 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 102316 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »

is the draft this weekend? not that the eagles will be drafting much

Starts Friday morning, 1am-ish

Some broad musings on what might happen on the first night:

https://www.i-pools.co.uk/what-expect-2018-nfl-draft

Further to this, there's now a pool game on the site. Nine questions. Article linked above will offer some help, so plenty of reason to have a go, even if you're not a big NFL fan.

No one can predict what will happen exactly. Join the fun.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2018, 07:57:54 PM »

Shannon is so, so good!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2018, 08:28:52 PM »

ESPN's Jeff Darlington

@JeffDarlington

I just spoke to Bills GM Brandon Beane. Key takeaways: - He absolutely believes they have ammo to get to No. 2 without giving up much in future years — but might not need to go that high to get their guy. - He does covet at least one QB as a franchise guy. - This could be fun.

Bills GM Brandon Beane made clear to me he doesn’t plan to get robbed by anyone — especially the Giants at No. 2 overall — to move that high.

His leverage for avoiding that seems simple: He could still potentially get his QB with a move to No. 4 or No. 6

In our conversation, Bills GM Brandon Beane told me his possession of 22nd overall pick is the key here to a potential trade into Top 5 that can keep him from needing to mortgage future. Point of all this: Bills are THE team to watch that could throw top of draft into frenzy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2018, 08:30:44 PM »

Beane has been pushing the narrative hard that the Bills want to keep pick 22 this week. Might be able to get to 7 or 8 but can't see 4.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2018, 08:31:02 AM »

Mock Draft 3 is nearly done. Will finish it this evening and post it here.

Click to see full-size image.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2018, 01:14:08 PM »

Owner of the jags trying to buy Wembley for 800k

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2018, 01:42:32 PM »

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter

Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield

going to be a wild night

maybe 2 trades in the top 6.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2018, 03:14:06 PM »

The Alternative full of opposites and trades mock draft No1.

1. Baker Mayfield QB, Cleveland leave it to the last week to change their mind and take the Baker Boy here.

2. Sam Darnold Giants spit their Cwwofee over their draft board and start trying to rob teams blind to trade up to pick 2, I'm looking at you Bills and Zona. If the trade gets done then its big Sam, if it isn't then Giants take him anyway. (Pictures of Saquon Barkley looking gloomy in the hall to follow)

3. Josh Allen Jets seething, Sigh and take Josh Allen instead of the Baker boy they really wanted. (Saquon now looking really gloomy given his Merch would have sold millions of $$$ worth in The Big Apple realises Cleveland now have the next pick)

4. Shit gets real. (Pictures of Saquon Barkley on his knees with tears running down is face like Daniel Kaluuya in the film Get Out can be seen praying 'please not Cleveland god, anyone but Cleveland )  Cleveland, looking at a franchise RB still on the board, a guy given the highest ever rating for a RB coming out of college by one of the best draft judges around decide they fancy cashing in here and trade this pick

Saquon Barkley Cleveland trade pick 4 to Tampa Bay for pick 7 and other picks.

5. Trade Denver Broncos spit their Rocky Mountain Oysters over their draft board and laugh like a Bond baddy whispering 'one million dollars' under their breath. After 9 1/2 minutes of frantic trade talks Buffalo trade pick 12 and others for this pick and draft Josh Rosen

6. Quenton Nelson Indy need to upgrade their O line, this does the job.

7. Bradley Chubb Now everyone starts to love what Cleveland have done here, by trading down from pick 4 which is where Chubb would likely go if the QB needy teams were not filling their big needs they get to take Chubb anyway with pick 7.

8. Roquan Smith Chicago get a guy that fits there needs

9 .Denzel Ward  best CB in the draft goes to San Fran

10. Derwin James[/b ]Oakland cant believe their luck and take (maybe) the best safety in the draft.

11. Trade Green Bay trade up from 14 to 11 and take Minkah Fitzpatrick

12. Denver use their first traded pick  and take Mike Mcglinchey

13. Trade Arizona with pick 15 get a bit nervy that someone behind them will make a move here trade up to 13 to take QB Lamar Jackson

14. Miami fume that their trade down but still get Jackson coup failed miserably take the really boring option and draft Tremaine Edmunds

15. Vita Vea Washington happy that their trade down and still get the guy we want worked out well.

16. Having had a mare taking WR lately the Ravens do what they know best and take CB Jaire Alexander

17. Ive run out of jokes now. San Diego get a big run stopper in Da' Ron Payne

18. Trade Marcus Davenport Despite needing help in several positions the mighty Seahawks trade down here to The Patriots for pick 23 and others.

19. Courtland Sutton. Cowboys can't resist a new WR to fill the Dez Bryant role of half heartedly blocking when they run the ball 30 times a game.

20. Detroit take Kolton Miller

21. Frank Ragnow The experts says he is perfect for Cincy in this spot and tbh I'm only guessing here so think I will go with the guys in the know.

22. Denver use their 2nd traded pick and take Dallas Goedert

23. Now this being Seattle it is still likely we trade down again from here just coz, like thats what we do. I hope and pray they take some O line help and draft Isiah Wynn here.

24. Harold Landry Panthers get a good edge rusher here.

25. Leighton Vander Esch Tennessee. Good fit for a team getting closer to a Superbowl.

26. Hayden Hurst Atlanta.I haven't seen any expert tipping this but it feels like a good fit to me.

27. New Orleans get the face on here because their man went a pick earlier and take Taven Bryan

28. Rashaan Evans Pittsburgh love a LB here, best available gets the pick.

29. Will Hernandez Jacksonville abs rock hard and will help the running game even more.

30. Josh Jackson Minny draft a CB for the future

31. Mason Rudolph Pats take a QB that Brady can nurture ( or as he did with Jimmy G, see him as a threat and treat him badly)

32. Philly trade this to a team that want to  move up or take Derrius Guice

Feel free to pick holes Tal and Tighty ;o)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:45:28 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2018, 03:37:05 PM »

1 Darnold I think they are trying to tease the Jets into trading for number 1
2 Barkley Not like they benched Eli for Geno Smith last year though
3 Mayfield
4 Chubb
5 Trade. Bills Allen
6 Roquan Smith don't see a single weaker position than the Indy LBs currently
7 Word is James.
8 Nelson feels like a slam dunk
9 Edmunds. SF
10 Minkah to the Raiders
11 Josh Rosen to the Dolphins
12 Denzel Ward to the Broncos. replaces Talib
13 Patriots trade up for Lamar Jackson, send 31-23 to washington
14 Alexander. Trying to get Kyle Fuller tipped the Packers hand here
15 Cards. know they are in QB hell. McGlinchey to protect Bradford's knees
16 Ravens Vita Vea the new Ngata
17 Chargers Kolton Miller
18 Seahawks Landry.
19 Cowboys. shouldn't be WR. Van der Esch
20 Lions. Defense. Davenport maybe
21 Bengals Daniels, Ragnow, Hernandez, Wynn take your pick. Lets say Daniels. finally an offensive lineman
22 Broncos OL. Hernandez
23 Redskins Da'Ron Payne
24 maybe Ragnow for the Panthers. pulling guard for Newton in the read option
25 Rashaan Evans, BPA Titans
26 Atlanta. getting tricky now Taven Bryan maybe
27 Saints, someone who looks like Jimmy Graham (kamara,ingram, thomas, brees and..)Goedert or Gesicki. can't stop all ofthem
28 Pitt. usually D. lets try mike hughes CB
29 Jags. the TE Saints don't pick. Hayden Hurst maybe
30 Vikings unsexy solid pick like Wynn. Dalvin Cook thanks them
31 Redskins justin reid safety. very niceplayer could sneak in
32 Eagles running back (Michel maybe) though i think they will trade out as don't have many picks tomorrow. someone might trade into here for Mason Rudolph (Cards?)to get the fifth year option on a project

No wide receivers

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »

The Alternative full of opposites and trades mock draft No2.

1. Baker Mayfield QB, Cleveland leave it to the last week to change their mind and take the Baker Boy here.

2. Sam Darnold Giants spit their Cwwofee over their draft board and start trying to rob teams blind to trade up to pick 2, I'm looking at you Bills and Zona. If the trade gets done then its big Sam, if it isn't then Giants take him anyway. (Pictures of Saquon Barkley looking gloomy in the hall to follow)

3. Josh Allen Jets seething, Sigh and take Josh Allen instead of the Baker boy they really wanted. (Saquon now looking really gloomy given his Merch would have sold millions of $$$ worth in The Big Apple realises Cleveland now have the next pick)

4. Shit gets real. (Pictures of Saquon Barkley on his knees with tears running down is face like Daniel Kaluuya in the film Get Out can be seen praying 'please not Cleveland god, anyone but Cleveland )  Cleveland, looking at a franchise RB still on the board, a guy given the highest ever rating for a RB coming out of college by one of the best draft judges around decide they fancy cashing in here and trade this pick

Saquon Barkley Cleveland trade pick 4 to Tampa Bay for pick 7 and other picks.

5. Trade Denver Broncos spit their Rocky Mountain Oysters over their draft board and laugh like a Bond baddy whispering 'one million dollars' under their breath. After 9 1/2 minutes of frantic trade talks Buffalo trade pick 12 and others for this pick and draft Josh Rosen

6. Quenton Nelson Indy need to upgrade their O line, this does the job.

7. Bradley Chubb Now everyone starts to love what Cleveland have done here, by trading down from pick 4 which is where Chubb would likely go if the QB needy teams were not filling their big needs they get to take Chubb anyway with pick 7.

8. Roquan Smith Chicago get a guy that fits their needs

9 .Denzel Ward  best CB in the draft goes to San Fran

10. Derwin James[/b ]Oakland cant believe their luck and take (maybe) the best safety in the draft.

11. Trade Green Bay trade up from 14 to 11 and take Minkah Fitzpatrick

12. Denver use their first traded pick  and take Mike Mcglinchey

13. Trade Arizona with pick 15 get a bit nervy that someone behind them will make a move here trade up to 13 to take QB Lamar Jackson

14. Miami fume that their trade down but still get Jackson coup failed miserably take the really boring option and draft Tremaine Edmunds

15. Vita Vea Washington happy that their trade down and still get the guy we want worked out well.

16. Having had a mare taking WR lately the Ravens do what they know best and take CB Jaire Alexander

17. Ive run out of jokes now. San Diego get a big run stopper in Da' Ron Payne

18. Trade Marcus Davenport Despite needing help in several positions the mighty Seahawks trade down here to The Patriots for pick 23 and others.

19. Courtland Sutton. Cowboys can't resist a new WR to fill the Dez Bryant role of half heartedly blocking when they run the ball 30 times a game.

20. Detroit take Kolton Miller

21. Frank Ragnow The experts says he is perfect for Cincy in this spot and tbh I'm only guessing here so think I will go with the guys in the know.

22. I knew I would lose track of all these trades.Denver use their 2nd traded pick and take Dallas Goedert

23. Now this being Seattle it is still likely we trade down again from here just coz, like thats what we do. I hope and pray they take some O line help and draft Isiah Wynn here.

24. Harold Landry Panthers get a good edge rusher here.

25. Leighton Vander Esch Tennessee. Good fit for a team getting closer to a Superbowl.

26. Hayden Hurst Atlanta.I haven't seen any expert tipping this but it feels like a good fit to me.

27. New Orleans get the face on here because their man went a pick earlier and take Taven Bryan

28. Rashaan Evans Pittsburgh love a LB here, best available gets the pick.

29. Will Hernandez Jacksonville abs rock hard and will help the running game even more.

30. Josh Jackson Minny draft a CB for the future

31. Mason Rudolph Pats take a QB that Brady can nurture ( or as he did with Jimmy G, see him as a threat and treat him badly)

32. Philly trade this to a team that want to  move up or take Derrius Guice

Feel free to pick holes Tal and Tighty ;o)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:00:02 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »

1 Darnold I think they are trying to tease the Jets into trading for number 1
2 Barkley Not like they benched Eli for Geno Smith last year though
3 Mayfield
4 Chubb
5 Trade. Bills Allen
6 Roquan Smith don't see a single weaker position than the Indy LBs currently
7 Word is James.
8 Nelson feels like a slam dunk
9 Edmunds. SF
10 Minkah to the Raiders
11 Josh Rosen to the Dolphins
12 Denzel Ward to the Broncos. replaces Talib
13 Patriots trade up for Lamar Jackson, send 31-23 to washington
14 Alexander. Trying to get Kyle Fuller tipped the Packers hand here
15 Cards. know they are in QB hell. McGlinchey to protect Bradford's knees
16 Ravens Vita Vea the new Ngata
17 Chargers Kolton Miller
18 Seahawks Landry.
19 Cowboys. shouldn't be WR. Van der Esch
20 Lions. Defense. Davenport maybe
21 Bengals Daniels, Ragnow, Hernandez, Wynn take your pick. Lets say Daniels. finally an offensive lineman
22 Broncos OL. Hernandez
23 Redskins Da'Ron Payne
24 maybe Ragnow for the Panthers. pulling guard for Newton in the read option
25 Rashaan Evans, BPA Titans
26 Atlanta. getting tricky now Taven Bryan maybe
27 Saints, someone who looks like Jimmy Graham (kamara,ingram, thomas, brees and..)Goedert or Gesicki. can't stop all ofthem
28 Pitt. usually D. lets try mike hughes CB
29 Jags. the TE Saints don't pick. Hayden Hurst maybe
30 Vikings unsexy solid pick like Wynn. Dalvin Cook thanks them
31 Redskins justin reid safety. very niceplayer could sneak in
32 Eagles running back (Michel maybe) though i think they will trade out as don't have many picks tomorrow. someone might trade into here for Mason Rudolph (Cards?)to get the fifth year option on a project

No wide receivers

I like yours better than mine tbh.

Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2018, 05:31:31 PM »

If, and I think it is a big If, Mayfield and Darnold go 1 and 2 , I think the JETS take Rosen over Allen.
I am hoping that this is just pre draft smokescreen from the Browns.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2018, 05:40:57 PM »

Rosen is an outspoken liberal California kid

Jets owner Woody Johnson of Johnson and Johnson fame is a vocal Trump supporter

i mean it might happen but its not a great cultural fit!

then we have the news (leaked by someone who wants him to fall!) Josh Allen has been revealed as having sent dodgy texts with race relation concerns

but i think the Jets want Mayfield, and the Browns are leaking Mayfield 1 to try to get the Jets to panic trade up

Browns then go whichever QB at 3 and trade down from 4

a fun night ahead

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »

The Allen story is an incredible one. He sent some offensive (and allegedly racially sensitive) tweets to Stephen A Smith five years ago.

It's reportedly been released by a team hoping Allen falls to them.

Let me say that again: a team has released news of a series of possibly racist tweets, in an effort to sign that player.

Could that possibly be true?!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »

The Allen story is an incredible one. He sent some offensive (and allegedly racially sensitive) tweets to Stephen A Smith five years ago.

It's reportedly been released by a team hoping Allen falls to them.

Let me say that again: a team has released news of a series of possibly racist tweets, in an effort to sign that player.

Could that possibly be true?!

oh yes

could be a team wanting him to fall, or a team wanting him hoping someone doesn't trade above them..or conversely someone with a grudge. will never know

remember two years ago Laremy Tunsil was a potential number one pick and 12 hours before the draft the pictures of him in a mask smoking whatever-it-was were released? Dolphins got him at 15 iirc

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: