blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:20:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272645 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 94004 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 26, 2024, 06:51:32 AM »

That is interesting.  Assuming Watson is just playing with her as Klugman is more limited than Xu in how much she can play.

Klugman and Watson? 
Xu and Watson teamed up as ranked 41 and 48 Xu just plays doubles and is 35 Watson nearly 32 and can't even get into the qualifying events with her singles ranking anymore.
Both looking for long term partners i think with a ranking that gets them into the main draw.

Missed the Boulter match 6-0 in 2nd set is impressive in doubles

Ha, didn't check and assumed she was playing with Mimi Xu.  Made sense as both Brits, and Xu can play in more tournaments than Klugman as she is 18 months older. 

Don't know if Watson is entirely over with singles.  She could get in Nottingham/Eastbourne/Wimbledon again, and a good run in the latter could see her going up again.  If she goes out round 1 in each, think that must be it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 26, 2024, 06:56:24 PM »

yeah it's quite hard to get into these 1000 events for the doubles as the top single players all want in

a team with both players on 50-60 are unlikely to get in which i think is a major reason a few of the all British teams have stalled just outside then broken up (but i could be wrong)

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 30, 2024, 04:21:58 PM »

i see Skopski and Sailsbury teamed up this week in prep for the Olympics i presume, back to there normal partners for Rome.

with the Olympics in mind Murray is outside of a spot just now (top 56)

In the doubles Sailsbury and Skopski could team up, leaving the prospect of maybe a Murray/Murray team if they are ranked high enough

In the ladies only Boulter is ranked high enough for singles but her singles ranking alongside Watsons doubles ranking could give the an outside chance of partnering up in the doubles

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 30, 2024, 04:23:17 PM »

but all this in mind i thought the olympics was before wimbledon for some reason just checked its after the grass

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: