blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:33:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3244 3245 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 3251 3252 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13482934 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #48705 on: August 17, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »

Agree with Tikay

There is a reason there is yet another bookies rep ramping up Rooney to move on sky sports news this morning and its not to be helpful.

Dread to think how much money these markets have made them this summer alone

Horsey,

Completely unrelated, but how can we best keep track of our "Most Assists" & "Worst Disciplined" bets during the season? Is there a website that does it?

Yes there is

I will do a min report every Saturday/Sunday if thats ok?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48706 on: August 17, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »

I don't 100% grasp the maths of "Free bet if 2nd" things, so I'm not going to get on "Somewhat" or "Soft Falling Rain" unless Doobs can clarify it for me.

It looks like they are shortening up the prices on "Offer" horses now, which must affect the EV. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48707 on: August 17, 2013, 09:48:41 AM »

Agree with Tikay

There is a reason there is yet another bookies rep ramping up Rooney to move on sky sports news this morning and its not to be helpful.

Horsey,

Completely unrelated, but how can we best keep track of our "Most Assists" & "Worst Disciplined" bets during the season? Is there a website that does it?

Yes there is

I will do a min report every Saturday/Sunday if thats ok?

Perfect, that is exactly what we need, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48708 on: August 17, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »

Agree with Tikay

Cant be value when Fred ignored the 40-1 Arsenal move at start of summer.

If we have a free bet at Laddies, they have a price boost of Walcott first scorer tween 12 and 3 from 9/2 to 8-1.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48709 on: August 17, 2013, 09:59:27 AM »

Agree with Tikay

If we have a free bet at Laddies, they have a price boost of Walcott first scorer tween 12 and 3 from 9/2 to 8-1.

Where is that please, Adzy, I can't see it on their Site? **

The only Arsenal-related "Price Boost" I can see is Outright, boosted to 8/11 from 4/9 IF you back them in a......FIVE-FOLD!

Thanks.

** Edit. Ignore me. Not available until Noon today......Shoot me now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:01:29 AM by tikay » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #48710 on: August 17, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »

i like one horse today in the always impossible St Wilfrid Handicap at Ripon

REGAL PARADE 40/1 (general)

Has been running well last few starts on unsuitable ground (good to firm or firm) there are showers about today near Ripon ideally would like a bog but just some softening in the ground should enable a better run. Often wins at big prices handicap mark is fine again now, something progressive might beat the old boy but given the right conditions he usually gives his best.

Could be for a free bet if we have any left? If not 40/1 is fine (i have been nibbling on betfair last few days around the 50's mark)

On good to firm ground he is a genuine 50/1 shot, the softer the better the chance.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48711 on: August 17, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »

Agree with Tikay

The only Arsenal-related "Price Boost" I can see is Outright, boosted to 8/11 from 4/9 IF you back them in a......FIVE-FOLD!

Thanks.

Morning TK.

Cant find it with my limited search skills but I have a meagre tenner with VC @ 40s which I look at longingly when I am on a downer with Mr W. Only put on after a post on Fred. May not have been a rec, but was discussed. I place no footy bets unless they are put up here, trust me!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48712 on: August 17, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »

i like one horse today in the always impossible St Wilfrid Handicap at Ripon

REGAL PARADE 40/1 (general)

Has been running well last few starts on unsuitable ground (good to firm or firm) there are showers about today near Ripon ideally would like a bog but just some softening in the ground should enable a better run. Often wins at big prices handicap mark is fine again now, something progressive might beat the old boy but given the right conditions he usually gives his best.

Could be for a free bet if we have any left? If not 40/1 is fine (i have been nibbling on betfair last few days around the 50's mark)

On good to firm ground he is a genuine 50/1 shot, the softer the better the chance.

My minimal grasp of how best to use a Free Bet suggests that is the perfect situation, a 40/1 shot, BUT........Betfair currently have 55 (54/1) available.

I'm a bit lost on this stuff. Should we still use the £25 Free bet if we can get a lot better elsewhere, or should we go the Betfair route & get 54/1?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48713 on: August 17, 2013, 10:14:54 AM »

Agree with Tikay

Thanks.

Morning TK.

Cant find it with my limited search skills but I have a meagre tenner with VC @ 40s which I look at longingly when I am on a downer with Mr W. Only put on after a post on Fred. May not have been a rec, but was discussed. I place no footy bets unless they are put up here, trust me!

Morning Adz.

Ha!

Slight cross purposes there, I was not looking for the "Rooney to Arsenal" price, I was looking for the Wallcott Price Boost. (Available from Noon).

Not sure I like the Rooney suggestion, but grateful to Rubbish for the nudge.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #48714 on: August 17, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »

i think you need to take betfair when the difference is so big tikay

save the free bet imo

ideally would like to wait to make sure rain arrives but as you are busy later that is going to be tricky

just a small bet win only on betfair
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48715 on: August 17, 2013, 10:26:03 AM »

i think you need to take betfair when the difference is so big tikay

save the free bet imo

ideally would like to wait to make sure rain arrives but as you are busy later that is going to be tricky

just a small bet win only on betfair

Yes, that seems to make more sense.

We have had £10 @ 50 (49/1), Betfair, Regal Parade, 15.30 Ripon.

ON

15:30 Ripon

Regal ParadeWIN   
50  £10.00   £490.00

Ref: 29015111725M Matched: 10:20 17-Aug-13

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48716 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »

So we still have 1 x £25 Free Bet with Ladbrokes.

There is no need for this to burn a hole in our pocket, & there is some good racing next week, but we'll use it if we see something.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48717 on: August 17, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »

William Hill doing their usual offer on Channel 4 racing of money back if second if Bering on tablet or mobile, so I'm posting in Doobs style.

Newmarket

2.20 - Medici Time - currently 8/1 and I think this is decent and could definitely be around around when they are coming home. I'm happy with 8's here and suggest £10.

3.25 - Lyn Valley - speaks for itself and will be a short price, suggest £25.

Newbury

2,05 - somewhat - short favourite, should be winning the race in fashion, suggest £25. 11/10.

2.40 - I'm your man - definitely suited by conditions and record over distance is better than the shorter prices in market. Suggesting £10 win, not too sure about price at currently 5-1

3.55 - soft falling rain - shortish favourite, likely to to be there or not far away. £25 on at 13/8.

PS - c4 are covering Newbury, ripon and Newmarket according to the net.

Thanks for these Aaron.

None of them have been actioned so far, but I have not forgotten, or ignored them.

I just need some input from others before proceeding, ideally the Pros. If we get encouragement, we'll get on some or all.

I am just a bit scared of going down the "punting horses because I fancy them" route, we need to be clear that we have genuine value, an "Offer",  an edge, inside info, deep knowledge of the race/horse/circumstances etc. I spent decades burning money on "I fancy that" betting!

Not directed at you specifically, but just gut instincts.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48718 on: August 17, 2013, 10:40:16 AM »

LOL.

Ironice post after last from form Tikay, but I do ok backing my well studied "fancies" ;o)

Not a recommend, as we already have a Doobs/Aaron special, but I the Geoffry Freer looks a poor race to me and one horse leaps out now he is back in trip. Has looked to run out of stamina in his last few races over further and has always been well touted.

The eyecatchy bit is the first time jockey, Mr J Murtagh, who is almost winning on every group race horse he sits on recently. If you're playing, maybe worth a few bob ew at 14s  before 2.39. GL

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #48719 on: August 17, 2013, 10:42:13 AM »

FFS Pressel dropped Wtf

Only plus is Korda is out too so we are at worst joint leader overnight.

Sandy

I can't find individual scores right now, but Europe lead 5-3, so Pressel must be in a three way tie at present.

She leads out in the very first match today.

Pressel, Korda, Lang, Linicombe, Kerr and Wie all have 1 point.

Pressel and Korda go together again. Linicombe plays and Lang and Wie play togother so a defeat would be very handy.

Paula Creamer is a very good golfer but kind of sulked yesterday when her partner Kerr was garbage. She plays with Lewis today who was bordering on worst player of the week until Ciganda stepped up. Munoz and Icher on the other hand were very impressive so quite how bet 365 can offer 17/10 i don't know. Even if Lewis turns up it's very much game on.

I can't understand how Lang who is playing well and Wie who seemed ok on the greens can be 7/4 with Betfred against the superb Pettersen who indicated she was tired last night and Recari. The euros might shade favouritism bur never are the Americans 7/4.

Pressel/Korda v Hedwall/Nordqvist has the makings of an absolute belter.

Matthew(poor) Masson (very good) v Linicombe (good) Salas (decent)  11/10 each i wouldn't toch.

Bet Munoz/icher 17/10 bet35

Bet Lang/Wie 7/4 Betfred

Sandy
Pages: 1 ... 3244 3245 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 3251 3252 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: