blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC  (Read 70510 times)
redimp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »

Words fail me
babymonkeyboy

I love my wheels :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 10:03:07 AM »

Now i dont know what to do, i've made so many new friends on this site since i arrived in this world 4 months ago. It seems a shame not to be able to say hello every now and again and show people how i'm getting on just because of the occasional sick and twisted person we get in our society. (i would write differently but my dad hasn't taught me any naughty words yet!). Oh well maybe i'll have to go back to the old fashioned method of taking pictures and putting them in an album and boring people at future blonde bashes.

My thoughts go out to the children involved and their family.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 10:05:05 AM »

Well done to that brave little boy for telling his gran.  I hope those kids get all the help and support they need to move forward and enjoy the rest of their childhood and beyond.

I also agree that, as a gesture of goodwill to all blondites who might not be around at present, the 'post a pic of your wee ones' thread should be deleted.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »

If this wasn't so serious, I wouldn't believe it.  It is so hard to get your head round.  People like this are the lowest of the low, it is so hard to believe that he was on Blonde for so long and friends with all of us without our knowing what he was up to.  The World sure is a crazy place.

I am glad the kid thread he started is gone, if I was being perfectly honest I have always thought it was a terrible idea. It would be ok if Blonde members could access it, but Blonde has probably just as many visitors each day. I know most of the time you have to be a member to look at update tourney pics, photos, etc.... however, if someone wanted to see these it takes five minutes to join.  Get rid of the thread permanently I say, better to be safe than regret it later.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »

Get rid of the thread permanently I say, better to be safe than regret it later.

I agree that we should get rid of the thread that Mikky started personally, but to put a ban on everyone posting pics of their kids?  I think that's taking it too far, and it has to be left to personal choice.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 10:11:20 AM »

I will keep my opinions to myself on this.

My thoughts are with the children

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 10:13:10 AM »

I will move the pics thread to the deleted post board until a decision is made

Good move thanks Kev.

I feel foolish that it never once occurred to me that putting pics of your kids on a friendly forum like this, or on a TV programme with you or anything like that for the whole world to see could be put to such disgusting use!!

You're just a normal person Trace - doesn't cross any normal person's mind.  Just a shame that there are people out there who are sick.

Can't video your own kids in school plays any more at many schools (all schools?). 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 10:19:22 AM »

True Claire, it may be taking it too far.  But, maybe there should be a blanket ban on all pics of minors regardless of their friendly natured intention.  I know it is sad, but with the advent of the Internet, there are far more cases of things like this happening.  I don't have the stats on how many people join the site or are a visitor each month, but it is impossible to know the true intentions of every one of them.  Remember, people who spam the forum get through, so what is to stop some perv.  If one member really wants another forum member to see their Kid scoring his first goal or learning to ride a bike, then it should be sent by PM.  Just my view, I am just a humble foot soldier on Blonde, so it is not really up to me  Smiley
Steelio

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »

Sick ******!, hope he gets what he deserves from the other prisoners
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 10:21:06 AM »

Its probably the blackest day on blonde since we started, we have built up a fantastic community here, and it hurts me like you wouldnt believe to think someone who we know could be responsible for these hideous crimes. I feel dirty for just knowing him, I dont think it was a big secret that i never liked the bloke, but he has gone now, he is history.

blonde as a community is strong and unbreakable. we go forward and we carry on.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »

Can't video your own kids in school plays any more at many schools (all schools?). 

at my daughter's nursery a form is sent to all parents in advance asking if they are happy for their child to be videod/photographed.  if anyone says 'no', then it's not allowed.  Best way to do it in my opinion

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 10:28:25 AM »

True Claire, it may be taking it too far.  But, maybe there should be a blanket ban on all pics of minors regardless of their friendly natured intention. 

I'm sorry but I could never agree with that.

Thats the sort of "Just ban everything to be on the safe side" attitude that I hate.

Penalise the offenders, not the victims.

The older I get, the better I was.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »

True Claire, it may be taking it too far.  But, maybe there should be a blanket ban on all pics of minors regardless of their friendly natured intention.

Thats the sort of "Just ban everything to be on the safe side" attitude that I hate.

Fair enough.

To be honest, I am just shocked that this has happened. 
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 10:35:44 AM »

sponsored by Fyffes
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:58 AM »

I'm in shock at this, I got on OK with Mikky, which makes me feel kinda dirty by association, but I've been doing a bit of thinking about it.

Folks, there's no way any of us could have known that Mikky (or anyone else we know) was capable of this kind of stuff. People like that keep it hidden and are good at pulling the wool over others' eyes.

I'm just glad that one of the boys trusted his Gran enough to tell her.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: