blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 02:27:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 524167 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 25, 2008, 04:56:12 PM »

Unlucky Leeds.  Threw everything at them in the second half, just lacked that cutting edge in front of goal.

Sullivan was class in goal for Donny

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 25, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »

Unlucky leeds really expected them to win it today you no u will get automatic next season but still ul lads.The life of a football fan really can suck at times (something us geordies no better than most).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 25, 2008, 05:17:36 PM »

bugger, wanted Leeds up.

Well done Donny. Who would have thought it, Donny in the Champ and Hull in the Prem.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 25, 2008, 05:30:28 PM »

Had such a bad feeling about this and in the end the better team won.

I thought me winning over 500 quid on Doncaster would ease the pain I was wrong Sad

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: May 25, 2008, 06:54:40 PM »

London and Leeds should be fun tonight. Thankfully I'm not in either.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2008, 10:32:02 PM »

Ive never been so gutted. I was struggling to hold back the tears coming out of the ground. I knew we had no shot tho, good things never happen when it matters. It was jus so so obv.

Even before the game you could see all the Leeds fans jus stood there worried knowing what was about to unfold. Just like 2 years ago. We were jus waiting for them to score.

The weirdest thing was after the game. The 18,000 or so Doncaster fans didnt even seem that bothered, they just insta came out of the ground not celebrating, barely even smiling, and i was like "wtf". It seemed like it was only a day out to them and they were happy to win but that was it.

I woulvde given anything to win. Leeds fans wouldve been in the ground for at least an hour and celebrations wouldve been crazy. It means everything to us, to me.

Oh well, roll on the first day of next season, ill be there again, to continue the pain. I fkin love pain. I hope we thrash MK Dons, i hate MK Dons for what happened to the Wimbledon fans. Bring on Leicester.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:34:42 PM by Horneris » Logged

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »

The weirdest thing was after the game. The Doncaster fans didnt even seem that bothered, they just insta came out of the ground not celebrating, barely even smiling, and i was like "wtf". It seemed like it was only a day out to them and they were happy to win but that was it.

obv too bloody scared to celebrate with all the Leeds fans about.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2008, 10:53:53 PM »

You are spot on tho Brent, to Donny its great to win but its not THAT important. To Leeds and its fans this meant the world. Ahh well I am sure all the Championship clubs just loved them going up along with there 7k average home gate and 200 away fans.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2008, 11:27:03 PM »

You are spot on tho Brent, to Donny its great to win but its not THAT important. To Leeds and its fans this meant the world. Ahh well I am sure all the Championship clubs just loved them going up along with there 7k average home gate and 200 away fans.

This is one thing that really pisses me off in football when you get clubs whos fans just dont really give a fuk whether they win or lose and its just something else to do but doesnt really affect there life.I despise wigan being in the prem cause there support is pitiful but they aren't they only team in the prem like this middlesboro are definitly another 1. I wanted leeds to win coz i no they have great set of support and there fans deserve it more but football just never seems to work out like that

For me football is definitly one of the most important things in my life (dont really care if this is sad or not) when we lost to blackburn up here a couple months back a was absolutely gutted and sat in my seat for ages after the game welling up and close to tears as i thought we were going down.I went for one drink afterwards and then just left as i was just to miserable to even sit and drown my sorrows.For some reason some fort it may be amusing if newcastle were to have got relegated and made out as if our fans deserved it but this is totally ludicrous, people read so much shit in the papers about newcastle fans which is absolute bullshit yet they seem to believe it.Why any proper football fan would want a team like newcastle who yes may expect more than we  should sometimes but which clubs fans dont at the end of the day our support has never waivered we are without doubt 1 of the best supported clubs in the country and although we probably wont win out for another 50 years we'll still be a big club as far as our support goes.

Apologies for the rant and hijacking the thread Leeds United will be back in the top flight soon and i look forward to a visit to elland road.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 27, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »

Good Post, Newcastle have great fans.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 27, 2008, 02:12:55 AM »

No offence though both of your posts don't actually say it, basically your saying these small clubs don't deserve it cos they don't have many fans. I can assure you to the hardcore Donny fans this meant as much if not even more to them as did it to Leeds fans, with smaller clubs when they get to Wembley they get hangers on where it is a day out.

Getting snobbish attitude to the fact that you deserve cos you have lots of passionate fans is precisley why alot of people find it semi amusing when you fall flat on your faces. If it was about having big crowds, Norwich would have been promoted the last 3 years in reality we have been rubbish and got what we deserved.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 27, 2008, 02:37:51 AM »

Woody502

Football legend!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 27, 2008, 03:05:45 AM »

During the Premiership years Newcastle have been a very well supported team but you only have to go back to the 80's to see some very average turn outs by the toon army. Its always easy to turn out in big numbers when your in the top flight but a few years in the lower leagues sorts out the men from the boys.

For some reason Newcastle was always my favourite away day we spent the weekend up there and the boys always had a blast! we actually had some good results at SJP which always helped the cause.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 27, 2008, 09:59:09 AM »

No offence though both of your posts don't actually say it, basically your saying these small clubs don't deserve it cos they don't have many fans. I can assure you to the hardcore Donny fans this meant as much if not even more to them as did it to Leeds fans, with smaller clubs when they get to Wembley they get hangers on where it is a day out.

Getting snobbish attitude to the fact that you deserve cos you have lots of passionate fans is precisley why alot of people find it semi amusing when you fall flat on your faces. If it was about having big crowds, Norwich would have been promoted the last 3 years in reality we have been rubbish and got what we deserved.

Nope you have got it wrong, no one has said they don't deserve to go up. Nothing wrong with lesser supported teams doing well but Donny is not a passionate football town, it has hardly any hardcore fans where this actually meant more then a day out for them. If stating the obvious is snobbish so be it.   
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 27, 2008, 11:06:34 AM »

The weirdest thing was after the game. The 18,000 or so Doncaster fans didnt even seem that bothered, they just insta came out of the ground not celebrating, barely even smiling, and i was like "wtf". It seemed like it was only a day out to them and they were happy to win but that was it.

I woulvde given anything to win. Leeds fans wouldve been in the ground for at least an hour and celebrations wouldve been crazy. It means everything to us, to me.

10 years and 2 days ago I was at one of the greatest games seen at the old Wembley and by a long shot the greatest game I'd ever been at. It was also one of the best days of my life. the game finished Charlton 4 Sunderland 4 and we took it 7-6 on penalties. we celebrated like fk in the ground but as we left everyone went silent.

the journey there was like a party, no idea how the tube didn't derail as it rocked from side to side jam packed with both sets of fans singing and jumping up and down.

the journey back however was so subdued, barely a word was spoken on the tubes back to Charing X or the trains into SE London. then we hit the pubs and watched the re-run, again in near silence, at least until we got to Rufus's goal and the penalties, a truly surreal experience.

we had 40-45,000 fans there that day and all were in complete shock on leaving the ground at the game that we'd just witnessed and what the result meant to us  and emotionally drained from the ups and downs of the match.

however the result meant the world to us, nothing was more important at the time, it's just that we were unable to celebrate, a very weird feeling.

I'd imagine much the same was true of the Donny fans this weekend

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: