blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:31:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate My Dinner
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate My Dinner  (Read 46310 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »

See, I'm not really dissing anyone's dinner, I would gladly eat any one them, but were in pursuit of perfection here. that's what 10/10 is.

No one said it was going to be easy.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:05:35 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2015, 10:10:01 AM »

Amazing that wiki says Sunday Roast with mash are rare.

I don't think I know a single person in the North East who doesn't have roasties and mash. Proper dinner like.

Damn straight.

I wonder who first created the North/South divide?

I always laugh when Northerners say Southerners look down their noses at them. Very much a two way street.

Those Southern Nancies started it. Us Northern folk get along fine with everyone.

MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »

This was Roxannes lunch today, admittedly we ate out and it's not a roast so doesn't count, but I liked the look of it so I thought I would post anyway 😉
I would never think of sharing my lunch with a crab. Even if it was just buttered Jersey Royals and salad.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »

See, I'm not really dissing anyone's dinner, I would gladly eat any one them, but were in pursuit of perfection here. that's what 10/10 is.

Fine, but you are deducting points for the absence of cabbage!

Cabbage. Nobody apart from Le Petomane wants to eat cabbage.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »

Due to all the wounderfull comments and my high ratings regarding my grub yesterday.

Im doing sausage mash onion gravy later. I will be adding yorkies for the purists.

Before the picture goes up what are people looking for when ordering sausage and mash?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2015, 05:16:25 PM »

Due to all the wounderfull comments and my high ratings regarding my grub yesterday.

Im doing sausage mash onion gravy later. I will be adding yorkies for the purists.

Before the picture goes up what are people looking for when ordering sausage and mash?

Just don't have the sausages sticking out of the mash.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »

Fine, but you are deducting points for the absence of cabbage!

Cabbage. Nobody apart from Le Petomane wants to eat cabbage.

I don't mind if cabbage is substituted for broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower or something similar.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2015, 05:35:34 PM »

Piled on the top is ok?  Good gravy.  None of that creamy mash nonsense, fluffy FTW.  You can't taste the mustard from here, so you can just pretend you put it in.

Not sure you need yorkshire puddings, though I expect somebody will probably deduct a few points for missing avacado, rollmop herrings and not frying your mash in a litre of beef dripping. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2015, 05:49:06 PM »

Piled on the top is ok?  Good gravy.  None of that creamy mash nonsense, fluffy FTW.  You can't taste the mustard from here, so you can just pretend you put it in.

Not sure you need yorkshire puddings, though I expect somebody will probably deduct a few points for missing avacado, rollmop herrings and not frying your mash in a litre of beef dripping. 

No not piled on the top either!  Three good coarse sausages (Cumberland preferably) alongside a modest amount of mash with some nice petit pois and plenty of thick gravy. Yorkshires are optional but I've never refused one yet.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »

No not piled on the top either!  Three good coarse sausages (Cumberland preferably) alongside a modest amount of mash with some nice petit pois and plenty of thick gravy. Yorkshires are optional but I've never refused one yet.

Excuse me? Smiley

Sausage and Mash should never, ever, and I mean ever, contain anything resembling a vegetable.

Unless it's part of the sausage (eg Pork and Leek Sausages) obv.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »

4 thin link pork sausages well done and placed on the plate, you don't want to be squashing them into the mash when you cut them.

Serve with plenty of mash, peas and onion gravy.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »

and please make sure it does not look as if the sausages are out for an afternoon swim in a gravy lido

enough gravy, but don't drown it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2015, 06:07:38 PM »

Don't forget to include cutlery (the tangs should not be at too acute an angle), & condiments.

Points will be awarded or deducted based on tablecloth, plate (size is key), & presentation.

A mug of tea is optional, as is a copy of a newspaper.

The TV should be OFF. Grown ups should never watch TV whilst eating. (Children should never watch TV ever). Listening to the radio is fine.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2015, 06:42:17 PM »

This thread only needs one thing now, Red Dog to post his Sunday Roast.

Until then, lock it up

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2015, 07:08:52 PM »

This thread only needs one thing now, Mrs Red to post pictures of her Sunday Roast, and Tom to deliver his standard critique.

Until then, lock it up

FYP  Grin

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: