blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272648 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 2632 2633 [2634] 2635 2636 2637 2638 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13459164 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #39495 on: April 29, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »

A couple of things struck my eye re some footy this week Tony.

If Villa v Sunderland was a game taking place in some continental leagues then the draw would be much shorter than it is tonight. A point for both teams puts them 3 and 6 points clear of the team third from bottom. In Italy it would be about 8/11 or 1/5 depending on how str8 it was.

There has to be some value in backing these related matches too. Does anyone spot a flaw in these?

A double on Crystal Palace to beat Millwall 2morrow and Peterboro to beat Palace on Saturday.

A little more related but still worth a bet might be a treble on Millwall to beat Palace 2morrow, Palace to beat Peterboro on Saturday and the draw in the Huddersfield v Barnsley game.( if Palace are beating Peterboro than that game could easily end up a carve up draw late on)

Obv both bets cannot win, could also just wait to see what the result is in the Millwall v Palace game 2morrow and then back any related doubles for Saturday( if Palace win then obv just a single on Peterboro on Saturday might be the call) but the markets will change a bit after the Millwall v Palace game tho. If the game 2morrow ends in a draw then both are losers.

Not really thread bets as such mate unless you did want to throw a small bet at them as dbles and trebs aren't really your thing but these are related contingencies ( I'm  surprised firms have the weekend Palace game out tbh) , the value is multiplied thru each game because if one happens then the odds on the next happening are wrong/shorter.

cheers

Hmmm, you don't think there's a possibility related bets might get voided?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39496 on: April 29, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »

Any bet that has the same team in, in 2 games, will be voided. They wont void stuff where if A wins v C it means B has to win v D, so A+B double etc
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39497 on: April 29, 2013, 07:32:30 PM »

Any bet that has the same team in, in 2 games, will be voided. They wont void stuff where if A wins v C it means B has to win v D, so A+B double etc

So if I read you correctly, Palace appear in both legs of the first double, & two of the three legs of the Treble, & so would be void bets?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39498 on: April 29, 2013, 07:34:55 PM »

Id void them. Basically the result of the first game directly affects their future odds in the second game so its a related contingency.

Ie normally if team A wins against B, they will be a shorter price after to beat C than before they played B.

Funny thing is he is suggesting the opposite ie backing them to lose after winning, which SHOULD in theory be ok- but still dont think they will like it

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39499 on: April 29, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »

Id void them. Basically the result of the first game directly affects their future odds in the second game so its a related contingency.

Ie normally if team A wins against B, they will be a shorter price after to beat C than before they played B.

Funny thing is he is suggesting the opposite ie backing them to lose after winning, which SHOULD in theory be ok- but still dont think they will like it

Gotcha.

To be fair, he did say they were not really "Fred bets".

Anyway, for now, I'm gonna have a small interest in tonight's game as a single.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39500 on: April 29, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »

A couple of things struck my eye re some footy this week Tony.

If Villa v Sunderland was a game taking place in some continental leagues then the draw would be much shorter than it is tonight. A point for both teams puts them 3 and 6 points clear of the team third from bottom. In Italy it would be about 8/11 or 1/5 depending on how str8 it was.

There has to be some value in backing these related matches too. Does anyone spot a flaw in these?

A double on Crystal Palace to beat Millwall 2morrow and Peterboro to beat Palace on Saturday.

A little more related but still worth a bet might be a treble on Millwall to beat Palace 2morrow, Palace to beat Peterboro on Saturday and the draw in the Huddersfield v Barnsley game.( if Palace are beating Peterboro than that game could easily end up a carve up draw late on)

Obv both bets cannot win, could also just wait to see what the result is in the Millwall v Palace game 2morrow and then back any related doubles for Saturday( if Palace win then obv just a single on Peterboro on Saturday might be the call) but the markets will change a bit after the Millwall v Palace game tho. If the game 2morrow ends in a draw then both are losers.

Not really thread bets as such mate unless you did want to throw a small bet at them as dbles and trebs aren't really your thing but these are related contingencies ( I'm  surprised firms have the weekend Palace game out tbh) , the value is multiplied thru each game because if one happens then the odds on the next happening are wrong/shorter.

cheers

Ta Phil.

See the "related bets" jobbie debate.

For now, I've done the draw in tonight's Villa game.

£25 @ 23/10, Wm Hill, Villa v Sunderland, Draw.

ON

29 Apr 2013 - Aston Villa v Sunderland - Match Betting

Draw @ 23/10

Stake : £25.00
Estimated Returns : £82.50Transaction Reference:O/0457483/0000403/F

RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #39501 on: April 29, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »

Did bogey really used to mean par?

Apparently this was different either side of the Atlantic, but in one you had to play against a nominal score set by Mr Bogey, whereas the other had a course score (hence par for the course).

Reinforces my 'golf is a ridiculous game that I nevertheless enjoy watching and occasionally punting on' principle.

Not only did bogey mean par on this side of the pond but we also used to use a smaller golf-ball too, 1.66" in diameter as opposed to the 1.68" used by the yanks.

Both the bigger ball and "par" are now standard.

Re. Billy Horschel: His swing and tempo remind me a lot of Nick Price at his best.

He has the technical potential to become a superstar imo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Dunlop-Warwick-Golf-Balls-box-of-1-dozen-still-wrapped-in-red-wrappers-/121003628111?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item1c2c60d64f

Hmmmmm Ive got a couple of boxes of old dunlop 65's.

They were my Dad's and after he died I kept them but didnt take up the game meself until about 10 years after he passed away.

As I was crap and basically lost on average a ball a hole I bought cheap ones until the time I played in a stapleford competition and thought Id unwrap a new Dunlop 65 and play it.

I think id played a bout three holes and after putting out one of the other players noticed it and kindly informed me I was using a ball that was now illegal to use and I had to disqualify myself in accordance with golf rules and etiquette. I had no idea ball size had changed didnt look much different  Sad

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #39502 on: April 29, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

Best idea to wait until after Palace have played Millwall tomo. Then go with Palace to beat Posh and Barnsley-Udders to draw in a double?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #39503 on: April 29, 2013, 07:58:55 PM »

Move over Mel Gibson

Plenty of conspiracy theorists here.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39504 on: April 29, 2013, 08:03:19 PM »

Best idea to wait until after Palace have played Millwall tomo. Then go with Palace to beat Posh and Barnsley-Udders to draw in a double?

That would work, yes.

Can the Poshies be relied on to do anything predictable?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #39505 on: April 29, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »

That would work, yes.

Can the Poshies be relied on to do anything predictable?

Nope, not ever. I'll be doing it as an emotional cover irrespective of what Palace do tomorrow. Really not looking forward to this weekend.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39506 on: April 29, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »

Probably not one for Fred, but just in case I get accused of being aftertimey...

I'm interested in a particular chess game in Cuba (marathon bet is a joyous beast for no one except me Smiley ), where Leinier Dominguez-Perez is playing Dmitry Andreikin in the Capablanca Memorial tournament.

Dominguez is a strong player but can't buy a win at the moment, being the guy who has drawn all seven of his games so far.

A surprise leader is now all but certain to finish above the Cuban and so there's little reason to expect him to go full bore today against a guy in Andreikin who has beaten him twice out of the three classical games (ie normal time control games) they have played (albeit in 2011). Andreikin isn't setting the world alight either, drawing five of his seven in what seems to be a pretty stodgy comp, the leader aside.

The draw is 1.45, which is basically the same as the price of the draw in the other two games and I'd make it nearer 1/3.

Margins are a little tight for Fred tbf, but fun what a little research during a lunch break in Starbucks can offer.

http://www.marathonbet.com/en/betting/Chess/

Edit: will qualify all of this by saying my research has not been so thorough as to suggest I know more than the market/odds setters. That's probably a better reason not to bet on it, perhaps. I'm slowly learning, honest.

Judging by the market movement to 1.35, I shall let Fred know that this game is just starting Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39507 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »

Probably not one for Fred, but just in case I get accused of being aftertimey...

I'm interested in a particular chess game in Cuba (marathon bet is a joyous beast for no one except me Smiley ), where Leinier Dominguez-Perez is playing Dmitry Andreikin in the Capablanca Memorial tournament.

Dominguez is a strong player but can't buy a win at the moment, being the guy who has drawn all seven of his games so far.

A surprise leader is now all but certain to finish above the Cuban and so there's little reason to expect him to go full bore today against a guy in Andreikin who has beaten him twice out of the three classical games (ie normal time control games) they have played (albeit in 2011). Andreikin isn't setting the world alight either, drawing five of his seven in what seems to be a pretty stodgy comp, the leader aside.

The draw is 1.45, which is basically the same as the price of the draw in the other two games and I'd make it nearer 1/3.

Margins are a little tight for Fred tbf, but fun what a little research during a lunch break in Starbucks can offer.

http://www.marathonbet.com/en/betting/Chess/

Edit: will qualify all of this by saying my research has not been so thorough as to suggest I know more than the market/odds setters. That's probably a better reason not to bet on it, perhaps. I'm slowly learning, honest.

Judging by the market movement to 1.35, I shall let Fred know that this game is just starting Wink

I went on Marathon Bet today but had forgotten my plastic, and so could not Deposit to place that bet. It looks quite a decent site.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #39508 on: April 29, 2013, 08:31:24 PM »

no chance of those bets being voided.

If Palace win 2morrow tho why would we want to bet them on Saturday?

I would bet he rested some of the team at the weekend given they will have played three times ina week and have a play off game next week. A win 2morrow and they are playing Brighton in a play off game next week, only difference would be a win on Saturday could alter the order of the two play off games. That's exactly why the Palace x Peterboro double is good value coz a win 2morrow and Peterboro  might be playing against a weakened team on Saturday

cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #39509 on: April 29, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »

Doubt there'll be much resting going on if Palace win tomorrow as 4th is still an incentive (big advantage being at home 2nd leg as you get the potential ET at home without the normal disadvantage of away goals).
Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 2632 2633 [2634] 2635 2636 2637 2638 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: